+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Readiness 1/2/3

Readiness 1/2/3

One thing I'm not looking forward to in Storm Legion is continuing to grind out Conquest Power to maintain Readiness stacks. It's a significant boost for PvE and warfronts that you can't get any other way-- in fact, Readiness 3 is roughly equivalent to having an extra equipment slot.

I don't enjoy Conquest. I realize that some people do, and that's great for them, but attaching a reward that's useful for everything that you can't get or make up for in any other way is frustrating.

There are two potential solutions that I think would do a good job of resolving this issue.

The first option is to change the name of Conquest power to something else--let's say "Rift Power" for the sake of argument, although that's a pretty terrible name. Make it so that you can earn it from other activities as well-- IAs, rifts, and zone invasions. This way, you have a lot of options to earn those rewards, and you can pick the one you enjoy the most, but it still keeps the design of rewarding you for broadening your horizons (as opposed to just raiding or just doing warfronts). You could even tack on a big Rift Power reward to PvP rifts, which might encourage people to do them more often, because right now, it's very rare to see any.

The second option is to change what Readiness actually does. I'm thinking something like a (fairly substantial) multiplier to PA experience and coin looted. It's still a useful boost, but if you don't like conquest, you can still get PA exp and platinum even without the buff. The drawback is that Readiness then becomes a LOT less valuable when you're PA capped, but I don't know that's a huge issue-- after all, warfronts become less rewarding when you're prestige or gear capped, zone invasions and IAs are largely pointless after you've maxed PA and have your essences, and dungeons are somewhat obselete once you've bought all of your set pieces with marks.

I prefer the first solution, but I feel that either one is a significant improvement over what we have right now.

Or option 3: Stop the decay. I understand why they make it decay to try and make sure Conquest is populated but forcing people in there that dont want to be there only makes the experience miserable for those involved.

or Option 4: Leave it how it is for pvpers and what the buffs do, but along the lines of what your thinking add a bit of the power for completing dungeons and significantly more for doing raids, maybe per boss kill gives you x amount and rename it to Rift Power or w/e and slow the overall decay to match raid lockouts and dungeon dailies.

Whatever they do I agree its unfair to force people to do conquest for a perk that works everywhere. With the new gear system for pvp they have come a long way to make sure pvp gear is in fact best for pvp and in doing so they should make sure there is a pve way to get the benefits of the conquest power that or make it only work in pvp which I do not want but then it wouldn't be a problem for pver's
    Guild Master for The Reckoning (Guardian)- Faeblight
    Content Manager for Rift Craft
    50/50 Prestige Rank | PA: 606 | Score: 7530
    Guardian Characters: Xillean R50 Cleric, Kattie R50 Rogue, Mayladen R45 Mage, Eylisa R25 Warrior | Defiant Characters: Phantasmal R20 Warrior, Jillean 15 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    Or option 3: Stop the decay. I understand why they make it decay to try and make sure Conquest is populated but forcing people in there that dont want to be there only makes the experience miserable for those involved.

or Option 4: Leave it how it is for pvpers and what the buffs do, but along the lines of what your thinking add a bit of the power for completing dungeons and significantly more for doing raids, maybe per boss kill gives you x amount and rename it to Rift Power or w/e and slow the overall decay to match raid lockouts and dungeon dailies.
    I think Conquest power was added, in part, to reward people for playing more than just raids and their daily dungeons, so I don't think they'll add it to those.

Considering Conquest is going to be disabled at SL's release for a not yet established time, I really hope they remove the decay portion and just make it a static gain. I wouldn't even mind seeing it account wide like PA's.

Just my 2 cents.

*edit*

Actually, reading the Dev post, it's going to be frozen until CQ re-opens.

Look... Conquest is there for players to have fun.

If you don't want to play it, don't. You don't HAVE to have the bonus buff. If you want it, suck it up and play Conquest. Again... no one's forcing you to!

As for SL, they're disabling CQ until there are enough level 60 players to fill it up again, and during it's hiatus, CQ power will be frozen, so you won't have to worry about decay while it's down.

But, the devs put CQ power in as a reward for playing Conquest... NOT for raiding. Either accept it and keep your charge full, or reject it and forget about Conquest altogether and stop complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    One thing I'm not looking forward to in Storm Legion is continuing to grind out Conquest Power to maintain Readiness stacks. It's a significant boost for PvE and warfronts that you can't get any other way-- in fact, Readiness 3 is roughly equivalent to having an extra equipment slot.

I don't enjoy Conquest. I realize that some people do, and that's great for them, but attaching a reward that's useful for everything that you can't get or make up for in any other way is frustrating.

There are two potential solutions that I think would do a good job of resolving this issue.

The first option is to change the name of Conquest power to something else--let's say "Rift Power" for the sake of argument, although that's a pretty terrible name. Make it so that you can earn it from other activities as well-- IAs, rifts, and zone invasions. This way, you have a lot of options to earn those rewards, and you can pick the one you enjoy the most, but it still keeps the design of rewarding you for broadening your horizons (as opposed to just raiding or just doing warfronts). You could even tack on a big Rift Power reward to PvP rifts, which might encourage people to do them more often, because right now, it's very rare to see any.

The second option is to change what Readiness actually does. I'm thinking something like a (fairly substantial) multiplier to PA experience and coin looted. It's still a useful boost, but if you don't like conquest, you can still get PA exp and platinum even without the buff. The drawback is that Readiness then becomes a LOT less valuable when you're PA capped, but I don't know that's a huge issue-- after all, warfronts become less rewarding when you're prestige or gear capped, zone invasions and IAs are largely pointless after you've maxed PA and have your essences, and dungeons are somewhat obselete once you've bought all of your set pieces with marks.

I prefer the first solution, but I feel that either one is a significant improvement over what we have right now.
    Don't play it if you don't like it. And don't tell me conquest is a necessity in any way; it's not. Max PA is better then Readiness 3.

And why do you need to be COMPLETELY min/maxed? Unless your in one of the top 10 guilds in the world, it really isn't necessary. It helps, but its not needed. You are just missing a small health/sp boost that is VERY minimal when it comes to the stats in SL.

If you don't like it, don't play it. And stop ruining stuff for us that do like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    Don't play it if you don't like it. And don't tell me conquest is a necessity in any way; it's not. Max PA is better then Readiness 3.
    And weapons are better than seals, but that doesn't mean that seals aren't important. This argument is largely incoherent.

And why do you need to be COMPLETELY min/maxed? Unless your in one of the top 10 guilds in the world, it really isn't necessary. It helps, but its not needed. You are just missing a small health/sp boost that is VERY minimal when it comes to the stats in SL.
    I need to be min-maxed because it's a question of performance and respect for the people I raid with. Like everyone else in my group, I show up to a raid with my gear fully runed, with the consumables I need, and just overall prepared for the night, making sure that I can perform my role as efficiently and effectively as possible. Anything else means that I'm not valuing the time of the other nineteen people in my group.

Whether it's needed or not is immaterial. Where I stand with regards to other raiding guilds is similarly irrelevant-- I don't raid to compete against other people, I raid to test my own skills, to play with my friends, and to progress. Not having Readiness means that I'm getting inferior perfomance, that I'm hurting the group as a whole, and that I progress slower.

To be clear, I'm not protesting the fact that spending time on something gives you an in-game benefit. Rather, I dislike the fact that the only route to this reward is something that's very unenjoyable to me. It's fine if you like it-- and in fact, with the first solution I proposed, you would still be able to get the same rewards for doing what you do right now. This is a change where everyone wins.

If you don't like it, don't play it. And stop ruining stuff for us that do like it.
    Explain how this would ruin it for you. You'd still be able to get conquest power from doing conquest, and under the first solution, it would continue to give you the same benefits. The only difference would be that it wouldn't be exclusive those who play conquest, but exclusivity isn't a particularly compelling argument for something that's not really challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post

Explain how this would ruin it for you. You'd still be able to get conquest power from doing conquest, and under the first solution, it would continue to give you the same benefits. The only difference would be that it wouldn't be exclusive those who play conquest, but exclusivity isn't a particularly compelling argument for something that's not really challenging.
    I am scared that they will remove readiness from PvE due to all the PvErs QQing. Us PvPers finally get something rewarding, and the PvErs complain about it.

Your problem is, you are treating the game like it is a job. It is not. Please, don't do something you don't enjoy and complain about it, and then ruin it for others. No one is holding a gun to your head. If you really want the reward that is readiness 3, then play it. But please, don't complain and get it nerfed, or removed from PvE.

I am scared that they will remove readiness from PvE due to all the PvErs QQing. Us PvPers finally get something rewarding, and the PvErs complain about it.

Your problem is, you are treating the game like it is a job. It is not. Please, don't do something you don't enjoy and complain about it, and then ruin it for others. No one is holding a gun to your head. If you really want the reward that is readiness 3, then play it. But please, don't complain and get it nerfed, or removed from PvE.
    This isn't just a PvE-oriented complaint. I enjoy warfronts, but I dislike Conquest.

You're basically arguing that if they make a change other than the one I suggested, then it will be bad. To some extent, I agree (although I feel that Conquest Power only affecting PvP is still preferable to what we have right now), but that's why I'm arguing for this specific change, rather than the one that you seem to be concerned with.

Let's try to keep this discussion on-topic.

+ Reply to Thread