+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vengeful Sky issues

Vengeful Sky issues

Vengeful Sky looks awesome, although the area is rather 'small'. Hopefully there is a larger version.

In any case:

1. The invisible wall is invisible - no 'blue matrix' outer tinge when you get to it.

2. There is an area between a steep hill and the pool of water below that arrives at an 'invisible wall'. You end up not being able to drop down into the water properly, or have any firm holding to the steep hill itself. Strangely when you fall into this area you end up in a sort of uncontrolled 'pendulum swing' where you simply rock back and forth against the invisible wall and the hill/water area.

Probably be cause you never quite actually fall into the water or have a stable foothold on the hill.

Here's the pendulum swing area:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-11-08_121622.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	1404

And here's the 'location' of where abouts it is.

Name:	2012-11-08_121652.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	1405

The issue extends pretty far because you've allows the invisible wall to be in an area where you are stuck against a steep hill you can't get up from, and the waterline. Even in areas without the water, since you are stuck against the steep hill you are forced to go towards the water in order to get to the other side where the slope is scalable.

Sometimes the pendulum swing allows you to reach the 'other side' safely, thus allowing you to avoid the endless pendulum swing loop. Other times it doesn't.

I think you should make the invisible wall barrier at the top of the steep hill rather than at the bottom.
    Marko.
    - Before commenting, please at the very least read the Stickies.

Another area. I tested out the boundaries of the dimension and I managed to 'fall through' the 'fake' sea and end up deep inside the ocean.

Me looking up from underneath the area. Not swimming or anything, just riding my mount as though I was on land.

Name:	2012-11-08_122533.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1406

And here I am at the bottom, faceplanting against the invisible wall down here.

Name:	2012-11-08_122537.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	1407

And this is where I dropped off from.

Name:	2012-11-08_122709.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1408

Again, the invisible wall should be at the top of the hill, not at the bottom of the ocean.

=================

Also, just found another pendulum swing:

Name:	2012-11-08_123019.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	1409

Also, since hitting that outer edge, I was unable to get back up from this position - The cliff was too steep.

Name:	2012-11-08_123158.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1410

Again, the invisible wall should be placed at the top of the cliff.
    Marko.

This time, looked up and noticed that the mountaintops aren't 'closed off'.

See-through, and you can walk underneath.

Name:	2012-11-08_123422.jpg
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	1411

Name:	2012-11-08_123433.jpg
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	1412

=========

And yea, found myself falling into fake oceans/water, steep cliffs/etc a few more times around the outer perimeter hugging the invisible wall.
    Found myself in another fake ocean/water area, this time the hill was too steep to go back up from unlike the previous one I posted screenshots of.
    Marko.

Also, the top of Vengeful Sky was rather interesting in that the 'solid' part was in the middle of the air. Kind of disappointed to be honest. I was hoping I'd be able to create a house or something on top of it that would move as the large floating rock moved as well. Instead you're on a single invisible platform and the floating rock moves up and down (i.e., the rock itself has no collision).

But, that said....I used up 273 ladders to get up there! Woo!
    And...Suggestion: Teleporters please! Would save up all those items for actual buildings and will mean that if we want people to view our floating creations, they don't actually have to go up a whole bunch of platforms/ladders to get there. Saves a ton of item space for actual creations we want to make and can make for interesting puzzlers/etc.
    Marko.

+ Reply to Thread