+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DPS Benchmark

DPS Benchmark

Can anyone provide a valid DPS Benchmark? I am trying out numerous styles, and at level 60 in the full PvP set with around 3700 SP, but can't seem to get a good feel for what our DPS numbers should be around. With Inquisitor I was pulling a little over 10k using all the 61pt CDs. With Shaman, though, I was only around 7.5k.. which seemed terribly low by comparison.

I don't need any builds or guides, just an idea where I should expect to see my DPS so I can tinker with different builds / rotations.

I was parsing just over 10k on my shaman on the raid buffed/debuffed dummy in the warlord PR 80 gear

but I only had time to attempt 1 short parse so i wasn't really used to the 1s GCD ability

I'll parse a bit more tonite and post the results

Very cool, appreciate it. Mainly I want to test some interesting synergies to see if they can measure up at all. Won't get into details, but I was doing pretty well with a hybrid build and might be able to push out some better numbers fixing up the rotation a little.

hmm still pretty much at 10k, self buffed on the raid buffed dummy in meridian with both inquisitor and shaman

I suck at using the new cooldowns in inquisitor though so I'm pretty sure that inquisitor is pulling ahead of shaman right now by about 5-10% so I can't really figure out what's going on with that

Quote Originally Posted by Redcrux View Post
    hmm still pretty much at 10k, self buffed on the raid buffed dummy in meridian with both inquisitor and shaman

I suck at using the new cooldowns in inquisitor though so I'm pretty sure that inquisitor is pulling ahead of shaman right now by about 5-10% so I can't really figure out what's going on with that
    I usually do Spiritual Scrutiny, SH, Vex, BoRx3, Fanaticism + BoD, Nysyr's Rebuke, BoD, BoR until SH falls off, Vex, BoD

Then do Radical Coalescence to reset, cast SS, Fan+BoD, Nyrsyr's, BoD, SH, Vex... normal rotation until Radical Coalescence is back up.

Was getting just over 11k DPS with Inq before I lost access to Beta =(.

I also managed to get over 7k DPS with 36 Cab, 36 Defiler, 2 Inq hybrid with a really bad DoT rotation that needed some grooming. +35% death damage, obliterate for massive disintegration hits, and constant rolling DoTs with somatic spam while keeping marrow harvest up.

It was actually a really smooth rotation. Went something like:

Marrow Harvest, Dark Water, Vex, Curse of Discord, Tyranny of Death, Disintegrate, Marrow Harvest, Somatic until Marrow Harvest casts again - restart rotation.

The timing was pretty great, and came up exactly as DoTs were falling off, but I was using the weaker Defiler DoT with the HP tap in the rotation, and think that was lowering my DPS a bit, also not sure Dark Water is a great addition to the rotation... but I didn't get to test enough.

I used this macro:

#show Marrow Harvest
    Cast Marrow Harvest
    Cast Dark Water
    Cast Somatic Desecration

Then rolled out my DoTs and Tyranny + Disintegration after Dark Water was cast, Marrow Harvest fell off the target, Refreshed, spammed Somatic until Marrow Harvest was back up, Dark Water re-casts with the macro, roll DoTs, Tyranny, Disintegration... worked good.

I think this build still had two of the three links. May have decent AoE potential also, not sure.

+ Reply to Thread