+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Defiler Links - PvP

Defiler Links - PvP

Cleric, Defiler PvP

Constantly re-applying Links after every death is very cumbersome and very time consuming if you are placing all 4 links.
    Once placing a Link it should remain on that person until one of them leaves the raid/party or one of them leaves the instance. However you may need to have a range requirement for the links to be effective so that they cannot be used across the zone.

Early on I ended up spending precious time applying Links when I could have been healing/dps'ing until our group found it's "groove". Being a Defiler and not using the Links will end up with losing out on a big chunk of dps and healing potential that come with the links.

Side note: (I imagine this could be a smaller problem in PUG raids that have a tendency to wipe more than the organized raids.)

Quote Originally Posted by kelkrypt View Post
    Cleric, Defiler PvP

Constantly re-applying Links after every death is very cumbersome and very time consuming if you are placing all 4 links.
    Once placing a Link it should remain on that person until one of them leaves the raid/party or one of them leaves the instance. However you may need to have a range requirement for the links to be effective so that they cannot be used across the zone.

Early on I ended up spending precious time applying Links when I could have been healing/dps'ing until our group found it's "groove". Being a Defiler and not using the Links will end up with losing out on a big chunk of dps and healing potential that come with the links.

Side note: (I imagine this could be a smaller problem in PUG raids that have a tendency to wipe more than the organized raids.)
    Sound in theory, but this is how Brother in Arms worked initially on LIVE, and it created some major problems. Primarily, my WL buddy was dying on the rez pad as I was being focus fired and healing myself. He would take 30% damage, and while attempting to get back into battle, was getting killed over time (no one was healing him yet).

It also allowed him to soak damage while he was dead, which is definitely not going to work well.

I think the solution is to make Links off the GCD so they are less cumbersome and don't take 4 GCDs to re-apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Patchkid View Post
    Sound in theory, but this is how Brother in Arms worked initially on LIVE, and it created some major problems. Primarily, my WL buddy was dying on the rez pad as I was being focus fired and healing myself. He would take 30% damage, and while attempting to get back into battle, was getting killed over time (no one was healing him yet).

It also allowed him to soak damage while he was dead, which is definitely not going to work well.

I think the solution is to make Links off the GCD so they are less cumbersome and don't take 4 GCDs to re-apply.
    Or they could fix the bug that allowed him to mitigate your damage while dead and slap a maximum effective range on all such buffs. That would probably be best for the long run.
    Deepwood - Topospell L50 R50 Mage, Topoblades L50 Rogue, Topochain L50 Cleric, Toposword L50 Warrior

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Patchkid View Post
    I believe they should already be off the GCD. I'll ping Zinbik tomorrow to make sure.

+ Reply to Thread