+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need a small boost to XP for SL?

Need a small boost to XP for SL?

I played each beta and this weekend only managed to get level 59 after completing every quest i could find or had access to. I did most carnage quests, but got very bored of them. I could probably go back and finish up the other carnage quests and hit 60. And speaking of carnage quests, you need to boost the rewards from 42g to something like 1p or more.

I don't see most players doing every single quest there is, so there needs be be a slight boost to quest xp to help people get to 60 a bit easier. a 5%-10% boost to quests would probably be enough for most people.

By comparision, i was level 50 in chocolate before i even set foot in stillmoor or Shimmersand.

What do other people think? I know it "should be hard to hit level 60" but it shouldn't be a grind at the same time when you run out of interesting quests.

I ran out of quest when at 58.5, this was before they increased XP needed for lvls, so now im pretty sure i be grinding all the way from 57 doing nothing but IA's.

fun timez.
    <Spectral Oilypics>

there are (compared 2 < Sl) not much quest....

i beg Trion to get more real Quests in (not kill xxx of xxxxxx) or lower the xp/LVL

Its a pain doing 100+ Carnages solo (in group no prob but boring)

That huge continents got feeled 20% of the quests of 1-50

They need to relook Carnage quest xp rewards.
    Even in the same zone, there are some carnage quests with 30k xp reward and others with 17-19k xp reward even if the 30k xp rewards have more or less the same objectives as the lower ones, at the same mob level. Sometimes even higher-level mobs in the same zone have less carnage xp rewarded then earlier, lower-level mobs.

I'm thinking some of them just weren't boosted to be in line with the new exp requirements.
    Marko.
    - Before commenting, please at the very least read the Stickies.

Yeah all this talk about difficulty to level and need to grind because you just run out of quests far too earlier has me worried. Personally I think time to level in chocolate rift is a bit too fast but this seems to be going too far in the other direction. So either they need to increase the number of quests or maybe better yet change the exp needed to lvl or really up the exp quests give.

I had been just grinding IAs and other open world including hunt rifts and carnage in beta 1 and 2 and got to 99% lv57 before the EXP change, during beta 3 I noticed my grinding spec has been dismantled so I started back on from my Seratos questline and by the time I was 57.5 I was out of quests.

I went to the other zones to check for missed quest hubs and did most carnage quests I could find but still only managed to very slowly grind my way to 60 through world events and dungeons.

Since some of the later linear quests are spread out far from objectives I don't see any harm in buffing the EXP rewarded especially for later quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliso View Post
    Yeah all this talk about difficulty to level and need to grind because you just run out of quests far too earlier has me worried. Personally I think time to level in chocolate rift is a bit too fast but this seems to be going too far in the other direction. So either they need to increase the number of quests or maybe better yet change the exp needed to lvl or really up the exp quests give.
    I dont complain about the time you need, but the way.
    I hate brainless grinding... i love challenging quests (even puzzles would be nice)

Its not about how long it takes, but how funny it is ^^

+ Reply to Thread