+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Beta #3 Update Notes - 11/6/12

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Post Beta #3 Update Notes - 11/6/12

Aside from a plethora of quest fixes/population/typo tweaks!

GENERAL
    * The change to Scotty's Sheeping Wand is a BUG! and not permanent.
    * The Brevanic Portal Generator will now cool down while logged out.
    * Hit and Toughness are no longer reduced when mentoring.

PVP/WARFRONTS

* Finishing Karthan Ridge now grants Notoriety and cash money.
    * Reduced the effectiveness of Purifier absorbs in PvP combat.
    * Reduced the damage of Void Knight's Discharge, Tempest's Charged Pulse and Double Pulse, and Marksman's Empowered Shot, Rapid Fire Shot, and Deadeye Shot in PvP combat.
    * Reduced the damage bonus granted by Marksman's Shoot to Kill by 50% in PvP combat.

COMBAT
    * Auto-attack damage is once again randomized.
    * Offhand auto-attacks now do 70% less damage.
    * Procs in general should no longer trigger off of other procs.
    * Fixed melee charge abilities sometimes causing you to slide and charge your target with a ranged weapon equipped.
    * Ability gtooltips with numbers that can be affected by other abilities should be more accurate.

CLERICS

WARDEN
    * Shared Excess: Reduced percentage of overhealing distributed to 25%.

MAGES

ELEMENTALIST
    * Velocity: Now reduces the mana cost of Crystalline Missiles by 6-30% in addition to its previous effects.
    * Ice Shield: Now generates Charge when cast, as indicated.
    * Air Elemental: Electric Field and Ball Lightning: Fixed so rank 8 and 9 damage for Greater Air Elemental will deal correct damage.

HARBINGER
    * Planar Retreat: No longer requires a target to cast.
    * Conditioned Response: Now generates Charge when cast, as indicated.
    * Glaring Fetters: Will now aggro targets.

NECROMANCER
    * Infection: Now removed when the pet dies or is de-summoned.
    * Possession: Now removes Lich Form from the caster if they have it active at cast time.

PYROMANCER
    * Tinder: Now increases the damage bonus that Coundtown gains per stack of Combust on the target by 2-6%.

STORMCALLER
    * The amount of snare listed in descriptions for Arctic Blast, Hailstorm, Icy Vortex, Wind Chill, and Eye of the Storm will now update correctly with increased ranks of Arctic Chill.
    * Eye of the Storm: The snare from this no longer stacks with other snares.

WARLOCK
    * Sacrifice Life: Mana: Can no longer cause Opportunity to proc.
    * Warlock Armor: Can now be trained up to rank 7. Previously it was stopping at 4.

ROGUES

ASSASSIN
    * Damage increased on Serpent Strike, Malicious Poison, Jagged Strike, Assassinate.

BARD
    * Chord of Inspiration: Now has a chance to critically hit.
    * Boosted Recovery: Now also heals on the first tick of its application.

NIGHTBLADE
    * Dark Descent: Cooldown reduced to 30 seconds from 45.

SABOTEUR
    * Spike Bomb: Reworded the description so it specifies the damage dealt per second of moving.

WARRIORS

PARAGON
    * Flinching Strike and Turn the Blade no longer get in the way of triggering a Follow Up attack.
    * Strike Like Iron: Buff duration increased to 15 seconds.

PALADIN
    * Shield of the Vengeful: Damage increase reduced to 25%.
    * Aggressive Block: Now also increases the damage done by Retaliations.
    * Invigoration: The buff duration of Invigoration has been increased to 15 seconds. Damage increase is now 2-5%.
    * Divine Grace: Now also increases Life damage by 6-12%.
    * Pacification: Now also increases the damage of Pacifying Strike and Righteous Blow by 5-15%.
    * Aggressive Guardian: Now also increases damage.
    * Protector's Fury: Righteous Fury effect now grants 5% damage increase per stack, but the Protector's Fury buff is now a long-term buff.

RIFTBLADE
    * Scald: Damage reduced.
    * Burst Capacitor: Now enhances Scald as well.
    * Rebalanced Riftblade finishers.

VOID KNIGHT
    * Discharge: Fixed a bug causing this to deal significantly more damage than intended.
    * Event Horizon: Now also increases non-physical damage by 4-12%.
    * Devourer: Now also increases outgoing damage by 5-10%.

Question regarding * Offhand auto-attacks now do 70% less damage.

I completely understand that something was needed to address the disparity for warriors between DW DPS and 2h. That said there seem to be no changes to deal with the hit to rogue dps. Rogues were already under performing next to the Warrior specs and now a nerf intended to balance warriors appears to be having a, I believe, unintended nerf to rogues based on the following...

1. The changes to Assassin seems to be to address the lack of performance it had already.

2. The change to NB seems to have more to do with keeping Ailion's preference for 5 combo point finishers alive as this was impossible during the Scourge of Darkness Rotation.

3. Blade Dancer had no changes whatsoever.

So rogues take a hit to their dps to deal with a problem exclusive to warriors with no requisite buff to replace the difference, WHEN rogues were already behind.

Additionally this change has raised a question in my mind...

* Auto-attack damage is once again randomized.
    How does this effect normalization? In original beta people raised the issue of EQ2 where to maximize dps all melee classes looked for weapons with slower attack speeds because the larger damage spread ended up equaling more dps. As such you NEVER saw a single scout wielding daggers, they all wielded long swords.

With returning Auto attacks to random numbers it appears the same thing will occur.

You guys are not gonna stop until warden is completely useless in pvp eh? Smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post

ASSASSIN
    * Damage increased on Serpent Strike, Malicious Poison, Jagged Strike, Assassinate.
    This one kinda worries me.
    Right now on live, let's say a 41Sin/25BD pops out of stealth with a stun, gets 5 combopoints very quick to chuck a BD finisher on you, then proceeds to use jagged strike which on me on live currently ticked for 1250~ on top of all other damage on my mage in full P50 with 440 PA.

I am speaking from a PVP mage perspective here, but I already can't stay alive against them now as a pure healer in full PVP gear. I don't even talk about killing them, I literally just mean trying to outheal their damage in PVP.
    I know we'll get more armor etc at 60, but they also get better stats towards their damage on top of you just buffing their damage aswell. And then you nerf AoE healing which means LGV for mages.
    The only lucky part is that not too many people seem to use the spec, but it should be looked at before it gets out of hand imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    This one kinda worries me.
    Right now on live, let's say a 41Sin/25BD pops out of stealth with a stun, gets 5 combopoints very quick to chuck a BD finisher on you, then proceeds to use jagged strike which on me on live currently ticked for 1250~ on top of all other damage on my mage in full P50 with 440 PA.

I am speaking from a PVP mage perspective here, but I already can't stay alive against them now as a pure healer in full PVP gear. I don't even talk about killing them, I literally just mean trying to outheal their damage in PVP.
    I know we'll get more armor etc at 60, but they also get better stats towards their damage on top of you just buffing their damage aswell. And then you nerf AoE healing which means LGV for mages.
    The only lucky part is that not too many people seem to use the spec, but it should be looked at before it gets out of hand imho.

I would expect to see a "reduced the damage of ... in PvP" patch note soon then
    .,__,.........,__,....... ______
    `.,,.*`.,,.*..|' .' .'/\:_|/\
    `.,,.*`.,,.*<|' '.:.(。◕‿‿◕。)
    -........--""-.......--"""u"'''''''''u''''''''u

Now i haven't tested since these patch notes but a few things concern me mostly in regard to Necromancer.

Deathly calling stacks weren't exactly applying consistently enough anyway in the first place, and naturally as soon as the pet dies all of those stacks just "vanish" which means that the necromancer loses out on.

Bone armor
    Essence Link
    A bunch of damage
    Instant proc plague bolts

And other effects that buff general damage as well as losing all previously applied deathly calling stacks without getting a chance to consume them OR benefit from the damage increases that they provide.

The 51 pets are all but useless also, they don't deal enough damage, they die WAY too fast and essence link and soul purge etc doesn't heal them, they also don't apply deathly calling stacks at all from what i gather.. a little stupid imho.

Basically since you altered soul purge its practically impossible to keep necromancer pets alive, and i've said this before, what with abilities like loyal minion that absolutely WRECK the pets hp (and generally leads to the pets death if you have to use the ability in any crowd situation) and so thus the necromancer basically becomes completely useless and may as-well have never bothered to summon the pet in the first place :P

I did some extensive testing of this on icewatch and everybody could see what i was getting at.

Elementalist fire pet for instance is disproportionately high in damage in comparison to all the other elementalist pets and skills which seems a little silly because as soon as the fire pet is down 75% of the elementalists damage is "gone" poof just like that, shouldn't the balance be more like 70% of all damage comes from the mage with the remaining 30% coming from the pet, rather than how it is currently with 70% of damage coming from the pet rather than the caster themselves.

So my requests are these:

Alter necromancer so essence link + soul purge are actually useful once again, essence link seems a little weak and the self heal AND pet heal from soul purge is a little poor unless you are soul purging enemy pets which isn't always an option.

Once the pet is down soul purge becomes useless as a self heal, completely useless.. when i personally consider it to be the necromancers primary spell.. quicken elements is far superior in every sense and though i realize its possible to have both i'm trying to address soul purge and purge alone.

So please address pet mitigation and pet healing again because right now it's very difficult to concentrate on keeping them alive so you can actually maintain any kind of reasonable DPS through deathly calling stacks.

Second suggestion is make it so that when the necromancers primary pet dies deathly calling stacks don't expire off the target until they are consumed by the necromancer OR expire based on their own duration.

And third suggestion is improve the 51 pets, shambles are far better which makes no sense at all, the big pets don't apply deathly calling stacks and it isn't possible to heal them. Soul purge should heal all pets out really because they are just WAY too squishy and die with all the aoe fluff going around pretty rapidly.

And my final suggestion is that you improve corpse talon and make it an actual effective finisher, its just not critting properly for a finisher whatsoever.

And that's all!

hm.. so all but 1 mm finisher got pvp nerf.. lol. because they were critting for 80%-170% of a persons hp pool like other peoples? (that's sarcasm btw.. they definitely were not hard hitting when compared to many others) but w/e.

+ Reply to Thread