+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Design of Flourish: Request for evaluation

Design of Flourish: Request for evaluation

With the recent change to AOE heals across all classes, would it be possible to have Flourish reevaluated?

I understand that the nature of Chloro is AOE heals in general, prior to 1.11 I had 5 chloro specs and it is by far my most favorite play style, however with all the changes to AOE healing in beta, I have concerns with the tremendous difficulty **at-level** and **gear-appropriate** Chloro's face during heavy AOE encounters, specifically in dungeons, where they're the only healer. I feel that with the 20 second cooldown, flourish should not have received the same reduction in AOE healing as all other AOE heals. With the amount that it heals for now and it being our only on-demand AOE heal, the cooldown seems quite brutal in contrast to all other AOE heals.

If the decision is that the strength of the spell is just vs. the weight of the cooldown, could we:

Double or triple the mana cost and reduce the cooldown by 10s?

Remove the cooldown entirely but apply a stacking debuff on the mage that triples the casting cost of Flourish for each stack, 5 stacks, lasts 20 seconds? Alternately in the same vein, apply a stacking debuff that creates a cast-time after the first instant cast, causing it to become a cast-time spell with increasing cast-time per stack.

Create a mechanic to reduce the cooldown? Something like -2.5 seconds off cooldown for each party member that receives a critical Flourish could be interesting. RNG could either be frustrating or rewarding. This mechanic would obviously scale in raids and with gear.

Not looking for a free handout, more than willing to accept penalties with my bonuses, but really believe that Flourish could use a good once-over.

I think you have some really interesting ideas there, Frod!

Don't forget Withering Vine and Radiant Spores as a source of group healing as well. Also remember that there's no cooldown and little mana cost on switching Veils. You're probably best off defaulting to LGV and, if the tank needs a big heal, swapping to LBV for a Ruin or Corrosive Spores. In general tank damage can be managed in LGV by making use of the Chloro direct heals (I know, it's a big adjustment). Chloro actually manages just fine with Flourish as it is.

Flourish is actually pretty nice right now. My 50 mage in mixed blighted/HK gear does more healing with flourish than my 55 warden's healing effusion. Effusion is spammable true, but the tradeoff to having less burst aoe healing than warden is that you can ST heal better. Warden tends to be overkill for aoe in 5 mans anyway. Be sure to have entropic veil active to maximize the cooldown too.

Some interesting ideas here.
    Moot discussion at the moment given how strong Chloro is, but ideas are always good.

Tip for a signature group heal in the form of flying hots: Put WV on all of General Grim (sp?)'s flying scythes. Then those swirling teacups heal the group as they go 'round and 'round. There are quite a few "inventive" healing strategies that can be used in Exodus. Fun dungeon

(And I've hijacked the thread. My apologies!)

+ Reply to Thread