Quote Originally Posted by Ailion View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
@Ailion... http://beta.forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?t=6409 i'm sorry.. but this literally puts bard right back where it was for the last year +.. a nearly useless pack mule buff bot who's SOLE purpose was resonance, nothing more.. if not for that people would have not brought them.. this recent change in beta brings us back to that.. resonance + a cd or 2 to alternate.. bard has never outhealed any other class in healing, ever, especially when those others playing are honestly trying their hardest at their roles, not then, and despite the qq from the inept, not in 1.11. even in 1.11, my heals as a bard (and I am confident enough to say they are pretty darn good) are but a shadow of what I can pull as a mage, and magnitudes less than that of my cleric, even though ym bard is the best geared of those 3. this targeted nerf on top of the general ae nerf (which is 99% of bard healing.... limited aoe....) has the bard abilities doing 50% less than that on live. LOL.. my lvl 50 bard right now on 1.11 is still doing more hps potential than this one even at 55..alot more.. and yet it still is behind the other classes, as it should be. The difference is that in 1.11 bard can actually feel like they are contributing to the raid, and people might honestly toss them gear now rather than make it a position of punishment or a slot for the carried. have you gone back out and tried performing with this like was done in the live stream? I can tell you, it is now the opposite of fun. I cannot begin to fathom an a decent reason for such a heavy handed nerf, I also cannot see people flocking to bard, let alone continuing to play bard should this go live.. far too extreme of a nerf.. also, like that post linked above says.. there's a good portion of healing abilities that are not being effected, or not effected enough by + to healing/+ to ap and others still have some form of hidden base stat that only risis ~1hp per level or some such.. really odd.. anyways.. this current build of beta does not get my vote...
Again, I will reiterate that this AE healing nerf is not targeted specifically to the Bard. If the Bard is doing X% less HPS than the Chloro in 1.11, it will still do X% less HPS than the Chloro in SL. http://beta.forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?t=6292 The AE healing nerf was necessary because the previous AE HPS goals set was too high relative to the ST HPS goal. It diminishes the impact of ST healing in a raid environment.
Jump to post...