+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Giving the Defiler that extra OOMPH

Giving the Defiler that extra OOMPH

Defiler is a great soul when learned to play probably but it is lacking a little kick. Here arr some minor changes I think would help the soul. Would love to hear everyone's 2 cents =D.
    *Marrow Harvest after completion of the DoT gives the cleric a 5 second buff "Harvested Marrow"
    Harvested Marrow increases the clerics next damage or healing spell by 10%
    *Allow Foul Growth stacks to be applied to the enemy and instead of healing them they do damage. (I would say doing about half the the heal in damage. Since they stack 3 times and do about 2k heals and having a 6kdmg dot would be kinda OP)
    *Unstable Transformation increases the targets damage by 15% or 20% (allow with the normal buffs it gives the target) Anything higher then 20% would be wrong since it is already an amazing CD.
    *Allow Links to be either cast on allies (normal) OR have them be able to cast on enemy's. For example have the enemy intercept 25% of the clerics damage. (That would be amazing in pvp but in pve I feel like that could lead to some abuse on aoe fights.)
    Thank you all for reading and would love to hear what you all think

Quote Originally Posted by thedarkside View Post
    Defiler is a great soul when learned to play probably but it is lacking a little kick. Here arr some minor changes I think would help the soul. Would love to hear everyone's 2 cents =D.
    *Marrow Harvest after completion of the DoT gives the cleric a 5 second buff "Harvested Marrow"
    Harvested Marrow increases the clerics next damage or healing spell by 10%
    I'm not sure this would really end up amounting to all that much. It's an interesting mechanic to say the least, but you already have Rage Blight which boosts your damage by 20%. I'd say I'm probably indifferent about this one overall
    *Allow Foul Growth stacks to be applied to the enemy and instead of healing them they do damage. (I would say doing about half the the heal in damage. Since they stack 3 times and do about 2k heals and having a 6kdmg dot would be kinda OP)
    One stack of Foul growth for me heals for around 1k (My gear isn't that great and I have pretty low SP), whereas a single cast of Somatic Desecration does about 1.5k damage. This change simply wouldn't work because at half damage when applied to an enemy you are only going to be doing as much damage as a single Somatic Desecration.
    [/QUOTE]
    *Unstable Transformation increases the targets damage by 15% or 20% (allow with the normal buffs it gives the target) Anything higher then 20% would be wrong since it is already an amazing CD.
    I was honestly surprised when I saw that Unstable transformation did not boost the recipients damage at all. I agree with this 100%
    *Allow Links to be either cast on allies (normal) OR have them be able to cast on enemy's. For example have the enemy intercept 25% of the clerics damage. (That would be amazing in pvp but in pve I feel like that could lead to some abuse on aoe fights.)
    Thank you all for reading and would love to hear what you all think
    Not too sure of the point to this one, as we already have Bond of Pain which basically does exactly this except that it doesn't reduce your own incoming damage. Also, considering you can spread Bond of Pain around with Unholy Nexus just further makes me think this is a mostly redundant idea.

I would quite like to see Unholy Nexus CD brought down to match that of Marrow Harvest.

Quote Originally Posted by WaywardPooch View Post
    I'm not sure this would really end up amounting to all that much. It's an interesting mechanic to say the least, but you already have Rage Blight which boosts your damage by 20%. I'd say I'm probably indifferent about this one overall

Yah its just a little increase. The dot is called harvest marrow it would make sense that you do something with all that harvest marrow ^^

One stack of Foul growth for me heals for around 1k (My gear isn't that great and I have pretty low SP), whereas a single cast of Somatic Desecration does about 1.5k damage. This change simply wouldn't work because at half damage when applied to an enemy you are only going to be doing as much damage as a single Somatic Desecration.
    The thing is you passively stack Foul Growth and it stacks three times so your contently having this dot up on enemy's. Also you can instantly stack 3 Foul growths (Think the ability name is Rampet Growth?
    All this would be is a delayed dot that's almost always up

[/QUOTE]Not too sure of the point to this one, as we already have Bond of Pain which basically does exactly this except that it doesn't reduce your own incoming damage. Also, considering you can spread Bond of Pain around with Unholy Nexus just further makes me think this is a mostly redundant idea.[/QUOTE]

Bond of Pain doesn't intercept the damage and the damage is decent. With the choice to either help out your allies by intercepting their damage or harm you enemys by making them intercept your damage. What is interesting about this you have 5 links.

Defiler really need its link damage reduction back, or they will just be a fun solo class and nothing else.
    <Spectral Oilypics>

have 1 question: why apply 1 stack of foul growth when you can apply 3 at once?

also somatic desecration is useful only if you dont have ppl linked, otherwise pain transmission should be the choice, all linked ppl will do extra damage

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
    have 1 question: why apply 1 stack of foul growth when you can apply 3 at once?

also somatic desecration is useful only if you dont have ppl linked, otherwise pain transmission should be the choice, all linked ppl will do extra damage
    Unless it just got changed, Pain Transmission has a 15 second cooldown

+ Reply to Thread