+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Problem for foragers, miners, butchers...

Problem for foragers, miners, butchers...

I saw on beta we get recipes for dimension items for butchering. How am I supposed to get artisan marks and master marks for the recipes? I like most other people have all the gathering skills on 1 toon. Is there going to be daily workorders for butchering ect? I suppose I could take up survival to get the artisan marks but the master marks would be only 1 a week thats gonna take forever

Quote Originally Posted by Wizx13 View Post
    I saw on beta we get recipes for dimension items for butchering. How am I supposed to get artisan marks and master marks for the recipes? I like most other people have all the gathering skills on 1 toon. Is there going to be daily workorders for butchering ect? I suppose I could take up survival to get the artisan marks but the master marks would be only 1 a week thats gonna take forever
    Currently there is no weekly for Master Marks offered at 300 survival. Not sure if that changed in beta but Survival/Fishing are put into the same catergory as gathering skills in that respect and you can only get quests for artisan marks + crafting bags that have a chance to drop master marks. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    Currently there is no weekly for Master Marks offered at 300 survival. Not sure if that changed in beta but Survival/Fishing are put into the same catergory as gathering skills in that respect and you can only get quests for artisan marks + crafting bags that have a chance to drop master marks. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

I do them every week. There is a weekly survival and daily ones to. You get both MM and arti marks.

I do them every week. There is a weekly survival and daily ones to. You get both MM and arti marks.

That's odd, I'm looking at it right now on my character with 300 survivalist and the only quest I see are the weeklies. I always just assumed that there isn't one because it wasn't there for me but I guess I'll have to call a GM or something.

Please find a way for gathering professions to get crafting marks.

There are recipes for crafting dimension items (example bearskin rug) which are forager only - but I cannot buy those recipes because as a forager I dont get crafting marks.

I know i can use crafting marks from other professions, but that is a weak workaround at best -
    1. The requirement for buying the recipe is foraging + marks, not foraging + some other profession + marks
    2. gatherers will have lesser number of marks to work with compared to others
    3. If a forager recipe exists which requires marks, then foragers should have access to marks, otherwise its a fundamental flaw in design

Suggestions to fix:
    1. Make marks account bound
    2. Give dailies which reward crafting marks to gathering professions
    3. Remove crafting marks requirement for gathering based recipes.

As I have mentioned in my earlier post, this is a fundamental flaw in design.

Its very easy to see the defect - say for example you have a runecrafter recipe that has a requirement of 300 runecrafting and 50 marks. Now, for some reason, you really need 300 runecrafting and apothecary (or some other profession) + 50 marks actually to buy that recipe - its clearly borked.

If it needs some other profession, they SAY SO on the recipe requirement.
    By the same logic, if the requirement is for foraging 300 + 50 marks, then the recipe should be able to be bought for that requirement.

Maybe make them account bound?

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rift Team
    How am I supposed to get artisan marks and master marks for the recipes?
    Daily Quests for Mining, Foraging and Butchering will be added in a later patch.

Until then, if you have all 3 gathering professions as your Primary professions you can still earn all 3 crafting currencies from the Survival quests. We agree this is not a good solution, so adding a proper daily quest and reward structure for the gathering professions has crept up to the top of my post-launch to-do list.

+ Reply to Thread