+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some leveling advices for SL

Need some leveling advices for SL

Hello there, i am having trouble leveling in SL right now since the quests and mobs' level are higher than my level (54-55 while my level is only 52). I've done Cape Jule, Pelladane, almost half of Seratos, City Core, and part of Eastern Holding. I did some IA, carnages, etc..but i am still level 52 and idk which zone i should go to now. I'm tired of IA and carnages ( carnages quests seem to be a grind btw)

I have some problem too, i'm at the necropolis in Seratos and still 54, i got level 56 rewards now :/, i had some trouble in eastearn holding when i was facing mob that had 2/3 level above me, do we have to do the zone in the right order to get better exp? i'll update my post when i'll be more advanced in the quest =)

ps: the level zone that are on the zone section in the forum and what is actually in the game doesn't seems to be accurate since the exp needed to level have been increased, my level is always lower

I found this to be an issue too, Pre Beta 2, I hit 51, and it took me 6-8 hrs questing, when I spent 6-8 hrs from 51->52, I made it to about 50-60% in 51, and didnt even get to 52. I was doing quests non stop, the problem is I am in Morban almost now, and have finished all my quests. XP seems useless to fight trash, cause you need 23453534534 xp to level now, and quests give a huge chunk, (but maybe not enough?)

Another issue is stuff is 54-55+ now and they kick my *** and I can't even solo them. Sure I am 51, they are 4+ levels higher solo mobs.. but should I be 51 and finished all my quests? Something is missing. (I literally die in 2-3 hits) (WAR DPS).

I have also only received 2-3 PA pts since I started 50 and in SL, doing a **** ton of quests. (I understand its not 500k anymore, but it seems skewed, and for those who raid - its not going to be enough xp to get PA poiints anymore, by being a casual player, and full time raider). This also includes an IA or two.

Just feedbacking my 2c.

I want SL to be fun, leveling shoudlnt be a chore, the real good stuff is at the endgame, Scott said this himself.. sure you want us to level slow to 60 thats fine, but give us quests to get there. Right now I am out of quests in SL, and I cant live past the mobs in the zones I need to get more quests w/ - and honestly, even if I could, I wouldnt be 60 before I hit 59+ level areas, since I am almost 52 in Morban at this point, and had finished all of ipp stuff, tempest bay, seratos, pelldane, cape jule, and the up to the water for the tree in morban. Also quest rewards are junk for their level - we should be 1.5 times stronger by 55 at 50, and 2x stronger at 60 - I understand there's better for Dungeons, Hunts and Adv rewards - but the gear isnt cutting it from oldworld -> SL to handle these new areas like Seratos deep/Morban, etc. and to earn these new rewards properly in progression..

I also noticed quest rewards were all over the place, I was getting level 50 rewards all the way to about Seratos I believe - then Seratos being 53-55ish, The rewards went from 51 maybe for 1-2 quests, to like 54-55 and I was unable to obviously equip anything after that point - hence I'm in a level 55 world at this point and still 51.. and can't survive solo anything basically now. Anyway, just a heads up.

So possible solution?

Need more XP from quests to naturally progress - or need more XP from trash, or need more quests to get XP from in each area.. Or need level rewards from quests to be a litlte stronger/appropiate level to handle progression to the harder areas to do their quests, and thus progress further!

Lightbulb

As someone who has been doing quest testing for this, I cannot agree more with the need to increase experience gains in quests.

The two continents are massive, and should provide more than enough quests to level up with the areas, but they do not. I am also currently stuck in Morban, unable to do any more quest testing because I am level 55 and the quests I need to do are level 59. As someone who levels up by questing, this is pretty disheartening as i don't want to have to resort to spending my time grinding world events and rifts etc if I don't want to.

In my opinion quests should give far more experience gains than they currently do. I would also suggest that they also give far more faction rep than they do.

I have this problem only since beta 3, it was fine previously, never been under the level of where i was =( i have post a feedback on that in game hopefully they will fix it soon =)

Although if you search hard enough you can find quests to do that will carry you through the whole game...i think Trion needs to rebalance the experience needed to level again.

Cape Jule
    Pelladane
    City Core
    Seratos
    Eastern Holdings
    Ardent Domain
    Morban
    Kingsward
    Ashora
    Steppes of Infinity

That is the order for the zones with several of them being on par and interchangeable...remember just to go around and look for carnage quests as well.

Looks like a lot of us are having problem...i'm pretty sure we can level if we pick up all the quests ( carnages etc.) in each zone...but don't you feel like you're grinding when you have to kill 15-30 mobs for each carnage quests..

There is no way i can level if i pick up all the carnage quest, i need 4million+ exp to get to 56 :/, i might be able to go to 55 and do the level 56 quest, but it'll end up being the same with level 57/58 quest, with no carnage quest left to do this time

In Beta I have tried everything and consequently I have levelled to 53 and 20% without trying and I am still in the opening area's.

I have been doing everything Questing, Rifts, IA's and PvP, they have doubled the experience required to level from Beta's 1 & 2 which was low I thought.

i think it's x3 now ^^, but i'm aiming to do only quest to level up, not pvp etc , for those of us that will only do the quest, we won't be able to go to 60 :/

+ Reply to Thread