+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions from Beta 3

Questions from Beta 3

Hey there!

I would be grateful for input on the following:

* Was the damage of Lightning Strike and Lightning Burst altered? In Betas 1 and 2, LB did about 100-300 more damage than LS. Now, LB seems to do significantly less damage than LS (3/3 talented), which is odd given that LB (a) is a 44-point rather than 8-point ability and (b) wipes off e-stacks.

* Has the damage of any abilities in the Harbinger or Stormcaller tree been altered? I am parsing a lot lower with HB/SC now, and I don't think it's due to the fact that Ice Shear and Piercing Beam no longer stack.

EDIT: Inductance no longer affects melee attacks!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not a happy camper this beta.

It would have been nice, and a friendly gesture towards the consumer, if class changes were posted as a list on the forums and made visible rather than our having to hunt them individually.

* Also, with PB & IS no longer stacking, where would you put those 4 points in the Harbinger tree? 37HB/37SC seems to have quite a few wasted points now.

* Has there been any changes to Icy Carapace in the last two weeks?

Note: 37 SC/32 Ele is doing surprisingly well at L53. Only 30-50dps below SC/HB. The key is rotating air and water spells to get the most out of Cycle of Air: Manage your Icy Carapace and Icicle procs so that you always cast an air spell before firing them off.

I wish Cycles of Air and Earth would swap places to make the tree more user-friendly for SC/Ele hybrids. The build I use: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...lfi/gAQagF988/

(3 points could be moved from Elemental Link/Abrasion to Ashen Armour. However, given that the pet is only 12% of your damage, imho Ignite is not worth the hassle. Also, to weave in Ignite without the e-stacks falling off, you would need to leave out one of the Stormbolts.)

(Not sure what the best allocation between Planar Expansion, Elemental Surge and Synergise is.)

Basic Rotation: Build 5 Electrified stacks -> Ice Shear -> Stormbolt -> Icy Carapace -> Lightning Strike -> Icicle Proc -> Stormbolt -> Rinse & repeat.

Tip: Use Static Flux wisely! Having it available for your big hitters makes a huge difference!

Pro-tip: You can squeeze out an extra 200-250dps by using a priority system instead of a rotation. The principle to use Icy Carapace whenever it comes off cooldown. (You are trying to fire off 2 Icy Carapaces and won't have time for the second Stormbolt.) However, managing (a) SC debuffs, (b) Cycle buffs and (c) SF whilst weaving in the maximum number of Icy Carapaces becomes VERY involved. Fun in front of a dummy, not sure whether feasible with lag and movement on an actual fight. But then again, there are mages with much greater skill than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Akashar View Post
    EDIT: Inductance no longer affects melee attacks!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not a happy camper this beta.

It would have been nice, and a friendly gesture towards the consumer, if class changes were posted as a list on the forums and made visible rather than our having to hunt them individually.
    ^^ with you here.

Also, Great spec, and enough points left over to grab HB +SP at level 60.

D.

BUG: The tooltips for (Eye of the Storm) and (AB/HS) show different snare values. I think the former was 35% and the latter 20% - is this intended? Saw it on Gamma. Have not yet checked on Beta.

BUG/Quality of Life suggestion: Could Tempest Armor procs please show up as a reactive ability icon, like Stormshard and Opportunity? Easier to track than checking your buffs.

SUGGESTIONS:

* Cold Weather Training:
    (a) Water spells have a [x]% chance to refresh Ice Shear (or maybe Electrified?). In addition, gives (Arctic Blast / EotS) a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to spread Ice Shear to each enemy it hits; AND/OR

(b) increases crit chance and crit damage of water spells by [a/b/c/d/e]; AND/OR

* Storm Armor: This could be the "pvp armor". In addition to adding a rooting component to Electrocute/RS, have it remove the cooldown of Ride the Wind, allowing the Stormcaller to focus on kiting with the use of Cloudburst.

QoL: I assume charge can still be generated when RtW is active, right? Could this please be clarified on the tooltip?

* Pouring Rain: Now that Tempest Armor reduces water spell gcd to 1sec, we don't really need Pouring Rain. Suggestions:

(a)PR makes all air and water spells instant cast for 15 seconds (and reduces their gcd to 1 sec). Then it could be used when burst AE or AE on the run is needed; OR

(b) Allows all air and water cast-time spells to be cast on the move for [x] seconds --- would this be a coding nightmare?; OR

(c) While PR is active, (Stormcaller spells) do not consume electrified stacks --- could be OP for Charged Field; maybe only makes LB not consume e-stacks?

* Eye of the Storm:

(a) boost EotS so that it does more damage than HS; AND/OR

(b) EotS spreads Ice Shear to each enemy it hits as if each enemy already had the mage's max number of electrified stacks on them (ie spreads Ice Shear fully buffed and ready to go); AND/OR

(c) allows Lightning Burst to be cast without removing electrified stacks on targets affected by EotS

* Quality of Life suggestion: Lightning Arc: A raid wide screen notification pops up when the mage casts Lightning Arc:

"[Stormcaller] yells: UNLIMITED POWER!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Akashar View Post
    Indeed, trying to figure out whether changes are worthwhile, work as intended, do not have undesireable side effects is much easier & quicker when your customers know what was changed & don't have to waste time rediscovering the wheel.

+ Reply to Thread