+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Tempest

  1. #1

    Tempest

    Thanks for giving us a fancy ranged soul, but if you look at lvl50 parses after the patch today... it blows. It is not competitive. If you look at lvl60 parses Sharog has been doing, it sucks there, not competitive. What is worse is that now at 60 it will suck even more with todays patch.

    So in short, if you are going to give us a range dps soul, stop nerfing it into oblivion and start making the top of the tree have more buffs. It would be nice for it to be within the 5% of melee as advertised. Right now it is like 8 percent off, which is a fancy way of saying, will not be used.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    17
    At level 50 I was pulling 5k self-buffed on the dummy using only tempest builders and finishers.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pines View Post
    At level 50 I was pulling 5k self-buffed on the dummy using only tempest builders and finishers.
    Today? Using what breakdown and rotation? I have heard of no one getting damage that high "selfbuffed." If me and the other people are doing it wrong, then I would like to know. I will not speak out again if you can show me tempest pulling 5k with a screen shot of you not having any extra buffs from the debuff dummy or consumables over a 4min parse. I just can't do it. I am full ID, 4 relics on the left, with Maelforge relic axe in one hand and PF str sword in the other.

    Make sure you do not have the buff that is from the debuffed dummy, it is an aoe buff that extends almost to the regular dummy. It is very easy to accidentally parse at range and still have this buff.

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Not bad but you are using an oilstone and the str buff from paragon that will be overwritten in raid. This would pull you down to about 4.7 at minimum. That is still crap considering RB and paragon do over 5.3 with "NO" consumables. This still makes it not viable.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerolicious View Post
    Thanks for giving us a fancy ranged soul, but if you look at lvl50 parses after the patch today... it blows. It is not competitive. If you look at lvl60 parses Sharog has been doing, it sucks there, not competitive. What is worse is that now at 60 it will suck even more with todays patch.

    So in short, if you are going to give us a range dps soul, stop nerfing it into oblivion and start making the top of the tree have more buffs. It would be nice for it to be within the 5% of melee as advertised. Right now it is like 8 percent off, which is a fancy way of saying, will not be used.
    When you say not competitive do you mean within the warrior souls or not competitive with other callings range souls?

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    17
    Keep in mind that Difficult Target was supposed to be buffed to 2% per point to a total of 6% after today's hotfix and the tooltip states that it is still a 1% increase per point for a total of 3%. This may be causing Tempest to parse a bit lower than it should be. I've also heard that other Tempest / RB variants may be parsing a bit higher but didn't have time to test myself. I personally don't think Tempest is in that bad of a place at level 50, but not having a toon @ level 60 really stifles my ability to test.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    When you say not competitive do you mean within the warrior souls or not competitive with other callings range souls?
    Not competitive with mages, closer to rogues and clerics at 50. 60 is a whole separate animal in which most classes are trumped by mage right now. Rogue still seems a bit low imo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pines View Post
    Keep in mind that Difficult Target was supposed to be buffed to 2% per point to a total of 6% after today's hotfix and the tooltip states that it is still a 1% increase per point for a total of 3%. This may be causing Tempest to parse a bit lower than it should be. I've also heard that other Tempest / RB variants may be parsing a bit higher but didn't have time to test myself. I personally don't think Tempest is in that bad of a place at level 50, but not having a toon @ level 60 really stifles my ability to test.
    Sharog has posted and tons of parsing with 51+ temp and it just is far outshined by other spec. And that 1 3 percent vs 6 would be the little it needed to be competitive with other warrior specs in my eyes.

  9. #9
    Wow, Ima be the bigger man and admit I was wrong. Using this rotation I was at 5.1 solid with no consumables using Maelforge axe and the str pf sword. You were right.

    Actually I just had awesome RNG... I am realistically more like 4.8. Give me a few more seconds to get it higher then try to alter my /15rb rotation

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Pines View Post
    Keep in mind that Difficult Target was supposed to be buffed to 2% per point to a total of 6% after today's hotfix and the tooltip states that it is still a 1% increase per point for a total of 3%. This may be causing Tempest to parse a bit lower than it should be. I've also heard that other Tempest / RB variants may be parsing a bit higher but didn't have time to test myself. I personally don't think Tempest is in that bad of a place at level 50, but not having a toon @ level 60 really stifles my ability to test.
    I think the Difficult target is a tooltip error and is giving the correct increase..

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    17
    Notice my parse is 2-hander as well.

  12. #12
    Alright pines dig this man. 51tp/10rb/5pa

    build 3 ap using flamespear and shock pulse to get up conductivity

    Arc
    CP,DP,DualP,Skyfall
    Flamespear,LT
    Arc
    CP,DP,DualP,Skyfall
    Flamespear, CPx4
    Repeat

    Netted me like 100-200 more dps than with 15 para.

    I would say tempest at lvl50 will make it. Thanks for making me a believer. To bad it still sucks at 60...

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerolicious View Post
    Not bad but you are using an oilstone and the str buff from paragon that will be overwritten in raid. This would pull you down to about 4.7 at minimum. That is still crap considering RB and paragon do over 5.3 with "NO" consumables. This still makes it not viable.
    You do know that dps is melee>ranged. Tempest is a ranged soul so...yeah.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    You do know that dps is melee>ranged. Tempest is a ranged soul so...yeah.
    No duh! But it is supposed to be within 5 percent of each other. I already went over this at the beginning of the thread. :/

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerolicious View Post
    Alright pines dig this man. 51tp/10rb/5pa

    build 3 ap using flamespear and shock pulse to get up conductivity

    Arc
    CP,DP,DualP,Skyfall
    Flamespear,LT
    Arc
    CP,DP,DualP,Skyfall
    Flamespear, CPx4
    Repeat

    Netted me like 100-200 more dps than with 15 para.

    I would say tempest at lvl50 will make it. Thanks for making me a believer. To bad it still sucks at 60...
    (((*doh* just noticed I logged in with my alt account....Barakas here...)))

    You're welcome...took me all day Saturday to come up with that rotation. Kept trying to figure out how to not go into Arc with 4 or 5 AP but in the end it appears to be okay.

    I'm glad folks that are better equipped than I are pulling competitive DPS (for a ranged spec). It's hard for me to judge the DPS when I'm pulling 500 DPS less than the top geared folks.

    I'm going to try the 51/10/5 variant now to see if I can get my 4530'ish up to 4700+.

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerolicious View Post
    Alright pines dig this man. 51tp/10rb/5pa

    build 3 ap using flamespear and shock pulse to get up conductivity

    Arc
    CP,DP,DualP,Skyfall
    Flamespear,LT
    Arc
    CP,DP,DualP,Skyfall
    Flamespear, CPx4
    Repeat

    Netted me like 100-200 more dps than with 15 para.

    I would say tempest at lvl50 will make it. Thanks for making me a believer. To bad it still sucks at 60...
    Nice. Tried this variant and indeed my DPS went up almost 200 DPS. This tweak to the spec would put Pines DPS at near 5.3k I bet.

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerolicious View Post

    I would say tempest at lvl50 will make it. Thanks for making me a believer. To bad it still sucks at 60...
    Wish I had a geared level 60 to try out this spec with 61 pts in Tempest. Wavelength is now a 1 hour buff that reduces GCD by .5 second. This is a brand new change today so I would say all previous testing with 61 pt builds need to be redone.

    There's hope for Tempest at level 60 still!

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6

    Tempest

    OK this is a very nice leveling/soloing soul. Killing things 2-3 levels higher then me, has feign death and self heals. Well be a very nice option for rifting/onslaughts. At level 57 i killed a 60 elite and was near full health at end of fight. Maybe 61 tempest isnt your best option for raid dps but for those fights you need desent dps and survivability its great.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts