+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mentoring down needs to stop zeroing your +hit stat

Mentoring down needs to stop zeroing your +hit stat

Mentoring still reduces your +hit to 1 making you miss mobs quite often.

Example: Level 57 clicks random instant adventure, gets placed in Seratos group mentored down to level 54. I was doing 2x less damage than I was at level 54 partly because a large portion of my hits were missing while being mentored. This was frustrating and turned me off from running random instant adventures or mentoring down to play with friends that are lower level.

Agreed with that. I dislike mentoring down for precisely this reason.

This was annoying, but not a giant issue in the 10-45 mentoring. It sucked to lose all hit, but wasn't as required on that content.

But for post 50 content, losing all hit very nearly completely gimps you, as all content is designed around having 100 or 200 or whatever hit values.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuka View Post
    Mentoring still reduces your +hit to 1 making you miss mobs quite often.

Example: Level 57 clicks random instant adventure, gets placed in Seratos group mentored down to level 54. I was doing 2x less damage than I was at level 54 partly because a large portion of my hits were missing while being mentored. This was frustrating and turned me off from running random instant adventures or mentoring down to play with friends that are lower level.
    Now why would mentoring in the 50s remove your hit when getting the SL level 50 quest gear gives you 200 hit?

Sounds like a big coding oops.

So was level 50, qued as tank for exedous, turned in some quests and dinged 51, que pops, it auto mentors me to 50, knocking off 10k hp. Now I know that the 95HP, 2 end, 1 str,, and 1 wisdom (fix this btw, wars don't need wisdom from leveling up) was a huge boost to my performance... But seriously 10k?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewin View Post
    So was level 50, qued as tank for exedous, turned in some quests and dinged 51, que pops, it auto mentors me to 50, knocking off 10k hp. Now I know that the 95HP, 2 end, 1 str,, and 1 wisdom (fix this btw, wars don't need wisdom from leveling up) was a huge boost to my performance... But seriously 10k?
    I avoid mentoring down due the huge stat drops, avoided completely in SL because of hit, but I dislike that when I mentor my stat weight isn't even the same as someone that level in dungeon blues.

TLDR of the posters above me: I avoid mentoring down because my pnis looks small.

Lack of hit and stats are fine for levels below cap.
    FUAH

Quote Originally Posted by Magis View Post
    I avoid mentoring down due the huge stat drops, avoided completely in SL because of hit, but I dislike that when I mentor my stat weight isn't even the same as someone that level in dungeon blues.
    I didn't have a choice ad wouldn't have mentored, it forced me too, I think because I was level 50 when I entered the que. And it wouldn't let me unmentor until I dropped group.

fixed with beta3

The hit/toughness part, didn't say anything about the horrible scaling of everything else.

+ Reply to Thread