+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Somewhat disappointed about the new zones

Somewhat disappointed about the new zones

Hi,

maybe it is only me, but I find the new two continents not as big, as I have thought. The landmass in Guild Wars 2 looks far bigger in comparison. What is your opinion? I have hoped for an epic journey through the new zones.

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosspeeder View Post
    Hi,

maybe it is only me, but I find the new two continents not as big, as I have thought. The landmass in Guild Wars 2 looks far bigger in comparison. What is your opinion? I have hoped for an epic journey through the new zones.

thank you.
    Euhm, I've never played GW2 but zones like Seratos, Ashora, Morban, ... are very big imo. Look & Feel are also epic from what i've seen this beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosspeeder View Post
    Hi,

thank you.
    Try running; no mount.
    GW2 looks bigger because there are no mounts. Get off your 110% or 150% or 200% mount and run it. Use any speed buffs you have, but that's more or less GW2.
    Marko.
    - Before commenting, please at the very least read the Stickies.

Every zone in GW 2 is a big rectangle anyhow. not very creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Try running; no mount.
    GW2 looks bigger because there are no mounts. Get off your 110% or 150% or 200% mount and run it. Use any speed buffs you have, but that's more or less GW2.
    Yes, you are right. Maybe, the mount cheated me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurona View Post
    Every zone in GW 2 is a big rectangle anyhow. not very creative.
    Ok, the zones are rectangles, but the landscape is well crafted in gw2. But I find the new mix between magic and science in rift far more appealing.

Part of GW2's zones seeming more "epic" too is that, no offense to Rift, the GW2 zones tend to be prettier aesthetically on the whole. This is something you can afford to do when you don't have plans to release additional zones, when you don't have to worry about 10 or 20 man raiding at all, and when one of the significant aspects of your game involves 'vistas' which are simply camera pans of pretty places.

The pretty parts of GW2 were nice, but it didn't take long to complete every part of the open world and once you had... there's little/nothing to do. I'd much prefer content w/ Rift's graphics than lack of content that lasts for a few hours of entertainment and then it's gone.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed watching the Final Fantasy movie; but much like GW2, there's only so many times you can re-watch something pretty before it loses its luster.

+ Reply to Thread