+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Defiler's Gift - Stealth Nerf?

Defiler's Gift - Stealth Nerf?

I noticed this beta that defiler's gift (passive per point spent in soul) no longer reduces link damage taken. Is this intentional? it seems like the higher damage links would just kill the cleric in raids, even with the heals refresh husk talent. Is the goal of this change to prevent dps defiler builds from being able to provide link utilities in a raid situation, or is this just a bug?

I cant really tell if its a tooltip error or an actual change myself. I ran defiler in PvP and I had a storm of numbers flying across my screen (I had linked all the other healers on my team) and really, even if I didnt have husk of indifference up I was taking very inconsequential damage for the most part. I just dont know if that was because inconsequential damage was being done in the first place or if the tooltip had just been changed but the effect hadn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkamenitas View Post
    I noticed this beta that defiler's gift (passive per point spent in soul) no longer reduces link damage taken. Is this intentional? it seems like the higher damage links would just kill the cleric in raids, even with the heals refresh husk talent. Is the goal of this change to prevent dps defiler builds from being able to provide link utilities in a raid situation, or is this just a bug?
    no not a stealth nerf, we Alpha testers were told about it. Keep in mind that a lot happens on a daily basis with SL testing, a lot of that information is never pasted out to the public or even to Beta testers.

Er, telling the Alpha testers but not the Beta testers (who cannot see the Alpha forums) would count as a stealth nerf to the Beta testers (the other way would not, because Alpha testers can see the Beta forums). This doesn't mean everything needs to be told, or that not telling is a bad thing, simply that anything that there is no way for a person to know without rereading all of the tooltips is a stealth nerf (or buff) for that person.

I personally expect this sort of stealth nerf and buff every beta, given how extensive the update notes aren't, with development work ongoing :-p

Thanks for letting us know it's intentional and not a bug.

edit: To be clear, since I didn't mention it, I find this particular change interesting and not a bad thing (even though yes, it is clearly anerf to have to spec 3 points for 30% reduction instead of getting it passively - BUT it also opens up more hybridization possibilities ....

I am expecting this to be changed again in some way, as it is right now its just a broken class whose links deal so much damage to it that it needs another healer just to baby sit the defiler, which is clearly not the intended play style of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    I am expecting this to be changed again in some way, as it is right now its just a broken class whose links deal so much damage to it that it needs another healer just to baby sit the defiler, which is clearly not the intended play style of the class.
    I don't agree. In PVP, I take pitful hits. Most I've seen personally is 700 hit on Link of Misery. With Husk of Indifference being refreshed constantly, it's a non-issue for me.

Add in heals from both Siphon Vitality and Bond of Torment/Corruption and you'll be at full health with little effort on anybody's part but your own natural playstyle.

Deifler currently is pretty broken in PVE, any time u want a defiler (when tank gets hit too hard), u cant use one, because he/she will just die in seconds.
    <Spectral Oilypics>

They might as well make it a dps soul now. Remove the heals. Make links an offensive skill.

+ Reply to Thread