+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PvP Balance?

PvP Balance?

With alpha testing "going on for some time" and all the "feedback" that you should have received how is it possible that warriors are still able to do this?

http://i.imgur.com/FpaFe.jpg

Roughly 13.5K burst? I understand we no longer have valor, but no other class can put down damage like this, warriors are the only class that can hit like this.

Are we going to have to ride this pain train until we get valor or does Trion intend to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmind View Post
    With alpha testing "going on for some time" and all the "feedback" that you should have received how is it possible that warriors are still able to do this?

http://i.imgur.com/FpaFe.jpg

Roughly 13.5K burst? I understand we no longer have valor, but no other class can put down damage like this, warriors are the only class that can hit like this.

Are we going to have to ride this pain train until we get valor or does Trion intend to fix this?
    It's good time roll Warrior, Warriors are be OP after game release and if fix coming to balance Tempest or any other soul, U will be still 1k DPS ahead other callings...it is sad but that's how things are.

Ouch. And that one wasn't even a crit. One of the worst I've seen in a 1.5 second window is ~16.5k, taken from the 50-54 bracket:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	16k.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	1391

I don't think valor would fix this, because damage in the warfront is supposed to be "globally reduced". We don't see a valor stat in our window, but everyone effectively has the same amount of valor. It's more of a disproportional burst issue. The next best burst I've seen so far comes from 51 Inq (followed closely by MM), and the Inq burst takes over twice as long to execute and requires using a skill on a longer cooldown.

I say it in beta 2 that warriors / paladin hit like a truck have huge self heals in pvp...some souls need a serious nerf. Another OP souls is harbinger in combo with chloro, insane heals ..almost unkillable

i am seeing the same thing.. i have 13k life, 3k absorb up.. 3 active hots (along with passive healing from buffs and geaters) and i still get killed in less then a second.

I am also a r50 fully pvp geared cleric.

this just plain sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
    You seem to be making excuses for bad changes. Cleric version of battered wife syndrome.

When are players going to realize that Trion will always make Warriors more powerful than the other classes, and quite a few players who play Warriors will never stop whining about how "crappy" Warriors are?

Once you make peace with that the game becomes a lot more fun.

This is true. Warriors will even whine and cry about their class when it's top. Hell, look on the live forums now and you'll see plenty complaining about their top ST DPS.

Level a Warrior alt. I did, not looking back. With SL coming out into a new age of uncontested Warrior dominance, it may be time to make it your main.

I dont know how and why trion always made warriors OP in pvp?!?! Beside that ,harbinger mage soul is way OP at heals/mitigate ,why we even play this game if we like to pvp ?? balance is ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by Montage View Post
    When are players going to realize that Trion will always make Warriors more powerful than the other classes, and quite a few players who play Warriors will never stop whining about how "crappy" Warriors are?
    80% active subscription players are Warriors, now Trion dig their own graves. Nerf Warrior and huge amount real money lost because kids rage quit game. Only option is keep Warriors OP (as we have see it after game release) but that basically means some point everyone play Warriors... PvE dungeons & raid etc. will be fail because hard get balanced team etc. Trion is made very clearly how thinks are and will be, let's all show Warrior power, I mean everyone, It's better keep some fun before major fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Breward View Post
    It's good time roll Warrior, Warriors are be OP after game release and if fix coming to balance Tempest or any other soul, U will be still 1k DPS ahead other callings...it is sad but that's how things are.
    Again where is the proof. Sharogy has posted level 60 numbers, and mages have posted higher single target numbers than he has posted. You do not have any basis to make these statements. AT ALL. So how bout you stick to the problem, which is warriors burst in pvp being too high. The problem with tempest is the rotation does little damage until that burst chain. It needs to be spread out. You guys need to stop with the sky is falling comments.

Thanks for the replies, all very constructive and helpful......

This thread was NOT intended to be hijacked by you doomsday warrior conspiracy theorists.

Dear Trion,

Please ignore the other mouth breathers in this thread, warrior burst is really high and the spell damage can't be reflected, it would be a shame if this made it live.

I would also like to add as a cleric healer who plays warden/sent exclusively (read I can't speak for other souls) healing needs to be reduced even further (of course tempest, nysr's and MM could use a slight throttle back)

http://i.imgur.com/lgV2h.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/5sibE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Breward View Post
    80% active subscription players are Warriors, now Trion dig their own graves. Nerf Warrior and huge amount real money lost because kids rage quit game. Only option is keep Warriors OP (as we have see it after game release) but that basically means some point everyone play Warriors... PvE dungeons & raid etc. will be fail because hard get balanced team etc. Trion is made very clearly how thinks are and will be, let's all show Warrior power, I mean everyone, It's better keep some fun before major fail.
    I liked the part where you backed up your claims with high quality evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerolicious View Post
    Again where is the proof.
    I don't really care, I reroll Warrior and so far I love it.

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #14
    As Atrius and Daglar have mentioned, the burst you're all seeing is high on our list to address. We have an initial round of changes that we hope to have out to beta tomorrow morning, with another round in the works based on some additional testing today.

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    As Atrius and Daglar have mentioned, the burst you're all seeing is high on our list to address. We have an initial round of changes that we hope to have out to beta tomorrow morning, with another round in the works based on some additional testing today.
    Oh please do not remove the burst if you aren't going to crank heals down, it would be just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmind View Post
    Oh please do not remove the burst if you aren't going to crank heals down, it would be just awful.
    I don't think the heals are necessarily too high - just with Hit not working, we're losing substantial damage. If that is fixed, heals should be fine. If they want to leave it low so Dodge/Parry actually work then yeah, heals need a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    I don't think the heals are necessarily too high - just with Hit not working, we're losing substantial damage. If that is fixed, heals should be fine. If they want to leave it low so Dodge/Parry actually work then yeah, heals need a nerf.
    Valid point.

+1

I'm sure I read the hit thing is a known bug, not sure if it will be fixed during beta

Self heals need to be lowered , atm paladins have allot of self heals beside a full self heal that is somehow OP in pvp if we dont forget the huge mitigation and very strong damage paladins can have...

PS: I strongly recommend ..that single target self heals to be lowered at all classes (in pvp) , atm there are very high ,and with 3k valor at lvl 60 , healing combo souls will be just unkillable...

+ Reply to Thread