+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Really Really need a couple more Role slots please Devs!

Really Really need a couple more Role slots please Devs!

Pleeeease give us a couple more role slots! We didnt really have enough pre 1.11 and now not only is there going to be a new soul to add to the mix but also most souls have been separated into niches like ST AOE Range Tank Support, instead of having a hybrid that could do 2 things.

Pretty please???

Signed

Agree would Love atleast 2 more.

I would love to see 2 more role slots added but I would be happy to see any increase. With the new souls and the way they seemed to have adjusted the rest of them it would make more sense to have more options on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragosani View Post
    We didnt really have enough pre 1.11 and now not only is there going to be a new soul to add to the mix but also most souls have been separated into niches like ST AOE Range Tank Support, instead of having a hybrid that could do 2 things.

This.

The class changes alone prompt the need for more role slots. Many of our souls lost flexibility in exchange for focus, but that means we need more roles to cover the same ground as before - neverminding that we have a whole new soul added to the mix that I'm sure most of us will want to play.

Every time I log on to the Beta server the first thing I look for are additional role slots on the souls window, and I'm a little heartbroken every time I still see the same number we've had all along.

Right now my Cleric main on live uses:

1) Tank
    2) Melee DPS
    3) Ranged DPS
    4) AE Healer
    5) ST Shielder
    6) ST Healer

What I still lack:

7) AE DPS
    8) Solo Build (Defiler)

(...also lacking a custom PvP build which would be #9 and right now I have a Druid crystal rotting in the bank because Druid doesn't make the list anywhere.)

If I am stuck with 6 after the expansion rolls out, what do I drop? I don't really want to be without an AE DPS soul entirely...and I will need a strong solo soul (not to mention I just want to play the new soul for the fun of it). So what do I drop?

Right now Purifier feels a step ahead of Sentinel, so as a Cleric do I really drop my ST Healing Build? Really? As things stand, it has on the short list.

Right now I also am enjoying Shaman more than Inquisitor, so do I drop Inquisitor possibly leaving me with NO ranged DPS soul **at all** ? Just because I enjoy Shaman more doesn't mean I don't still use both of them....I *do* use both. There is not a build on that list that I don't use. I don't want to have to give up any of them because the game is 'improving' in an expansion.

This feels like a terrible oversight.

A new soul? I'd feel like celebrating unless I have to give up something I've always needed for it.

These are not fun choices. Two more Role slots would alleviate an enormous amount of frustration.

Please add two new role slots. Please.

As a mage here is what I use

1. 51 archon spec/25 pyro
    2. Stormcaller spec (AOE)
    3. Pyro (RSTDPS)
    4. Harbinger (SCYTHE!)
    5. Chloromancer spec
    6. 51 archon/dom spec

Now for me it isn't too large of an issue, though 2 more roles would be perfect for me.
    I can deal with having 6 roles.

Signed.

As a mage, I'd like to carry:
    1) Chloro(pyro)
    2) Chloro(pvp)
    3) Pyro
    4) Ele
    5) SC
    6) Dom
    7) Archon (though once beastmasters hit level 58, can drop this)
    8-11) Harbinger/ST, Harbinger/AoE, Harbinger/Chloro, Harbinger/Solo

While I know 11 roles is over the top, 6 is closer to half the desired amount than it is to enough. Even 8 would do a world of good.

And again signed, we simply need more, I use 6 just for raiding.

I have never bothered making a soloing or pvp spec in 1.11 and i still have all my roles taken with raiding specs.

We need a way to save macros/hotbars/specs so that we can swap between them more fluently. The macro system is also at its limit if you include all the mouseover macros that healers need for each ability so a fundamental redesign would be a far better option. It would be far less painful for us having to respec if previous specs were somehow saved and could be swapped at a plat cost.

So I vote no to simply increasing the number of role slots.

+ Reply to Thread