+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Something Dimensions really need.

Something Dimensions really need.

Signs! Little ones, big ones! A more effective way of leaving text for visitors. Currently if you want to leave a message you must spell it out with building materials, which can get irritating quickly. They can be like the post you see around the world. Only when you mouse over them, you see the text left behind. Maybe even have special books that you can also mark with text.

Good idea/Bad idea?

Great idea.

I definitely support this idea. Signs are definitely needed. It can be done like in Minecraft perhaps. Aaaand... books with customisable text... sweeeet...

books might be tricky, but little signs like the way posts shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Plus they already have signs in the game that you hover over and text pops up outside one of the storm legion outposts. It should be pretty simple to just make that able to be edited.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenllian View Post
    books might be tricky, but little signs like the way posts shouldn't be too hard to implement.
    Think about books in CoL library.
    I don't know how hard it could be to make such things editable though, but its already in-game.

Once again...we refer to one of the oldest mmos out...UO, where they had editable books that you could lock down but yet folks could read them.

In my dimension I have tried to make things obvious without using signs, which, without the little signposts, look ugly done in presently available items.

Even though there is an obvious path, a light and balloons...people still don't seem to be able to find my hidden bar! so yes....PLEASE can we have the little brown signposts which we can write on?
    Rosy - 50 Cleric
    Wisteria - 50 Mage
    Liziana - 50 Cleric
    Jazzi - 48 Rogue

Dimensions badly need a way of setting the entry point. Right now it always materializes you in the same spot, and this often isn't what you want. LOTS of interesting possibilities present themselves when you can do this, including (off the top of my head) the start of a maze, or the foyer of a castle you've built, or your bedroom.

+ Reply to Thread