+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion for Nightblade

Suggestion for Nightblade

I know Ailion wants to avoid having non-5 point finishers in rotations BUT I really think something is needed as a quality of life issue for NB.

I really do not see why Flame thrust abd Blazing Strike do not just refresh spike. Either increase the duration of spike, make SoD refresh it, or just make the finishers apply the spike. The issue of losing stacks when you throw up SoD because of this seems to be a solution in search of a problem.

Also the mechanic for emptiness is just way too extreme. Perhaps reducing the energy issue to 10% per stack? I get that it should cost more energy and be managed BUT there is an issue.

It works okay in the raid buffed training section but it is one hell of a head ache for what appears to be little payoff.

I have no issue with a soul having better performance when one has additional headaches. However when you have additional headaches with NO measureable increase in performance, arguably less performance (if AoE is factored in), this just seems illogical.

As of right now even on ST fights using the raid buffed dummy I am getting ~equal dps out of Bladedancer and it is far easier to get said dps and AoE, forgettaboutit. I may be doing something wrong but this seems off to me with how easy the BD is to operate due to the lack of Emptiness and Spike management.

Parses 5 minutes in length. HK mark gear all over except... HK relic pants, ID gloves, PF belt, ID trinket, Soliton blade, Molten brand.

NB 5312
    BD 5270

NOTE I am not even sure if these are decent numbers for my gear. If they are not be gentle, I am reacquainting myself with the builds and rotations.

give or take a couple points this was consistent over numerous 5 minute parses. Sometime BD is a tad ahead other times NB, it was all rng dependant. For all the extra head ache it makes you ask "why bother with nightblade when BD is easier."

New point.

Why have a soul that is only "competitive in raids." The more I think about it the raider in me is okay with NB. However if I was a new player just looking to run dungeons I would be more than a little annoyed that such a cool soul under performs in that arena.

+ Reply to Thread