+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Experience Gains

Experience Gains

Does anyone think levelling at the moment is ridiculously slow? Either exp needed to level maybe needs to be lowered or there needs to be more mobs.
    Akx@Deepwood - 8/8 ID - 4/4 PF - http://riftblackout.com

Yeah I think it's painfully slow right now. Not looking forward to leveling at this rate :/

I don't think it's bad at all.

I've been doing only quests and dungeons and have been in all 3 betas. I've done 1 Rift (that wasn't part of a quest line) and no instant adventures and in the 3 beta weekends I've managed to achieve level 56.

All the while leveling crafting (375 in Butchering, Mining and Survival, 370 in Armorsmith and 330 in Fishing) and testing specs out on dummies.

I estimate my total hours played across the 3 betas so far at about 50-60 hours (about 16-20 per beta weekend). Given the pace, I'd say another 50-60 hours (if not less) will get me 60. I think that's just fine.

Here's the problem you were in all 3 beta's so were some of us, and I leveled too in 6-8 hrs etc, but for open beta, and a lot of these new folks just joining there's a serious problem.

I finished all quests up to Morban, and I am 51.5 still.. rewards to progress further and survive these 54+ level mobs is unobtainable, because quest rewards all the way back to the beginning of seratos started getting 53+ in level to equip.. so I cant gain power to survive deeper, and have finished all the quests up to Morban (gave water from well to tree) -- at this point.

Thats not right.. my suggestion add more quests, add more quest xp per, or reduce level reqs on the quest rewards and up some stats on the quest gear to survive deep seratos/morban at 51-52.

Yes I agree I shouldn't be at Morban at 51.5.. but where should should I go if I have completed all the quests? Should I have to grind trash mobs who give no xp at this pt? or should I have to grind IA's now or Exodus of the storm queen which gives crap xp compared to the 345345435345 xp you need to level now per?

I should be able to start in IPP, start the starting quests, and get to Morban and BE 55-56 by then, equip the rewards I recieve from the quests getting to that point at least. It's natural progression.

Oh, and I also only recieved about 3 PA points from doing all of theses quests up to Morban..

Something isnt right.. feedback received Trion

(BTW I didnt do any crafting).

Quote Originally Posted by Valorstrike View Post
    Here's the problem you were in all 3 beta's so were some of us, and I leveled too in 6-8 hrs etc, but for open beta, and a lot of these new folks just joining there's a serious problem.

I finished all quests up to Morban, and I am 51.5 still.. rewards to progress further and survive these 54+ level mobs is unobtainable, because quest rewards all the way back to the beginning of seratos started getting 53+ in level to equip.. so I cant gain power to survive deeper, and have finished all the quests up to Morban (gave water from well to tree) -- at this point.

Thats not right.. my suggestion add more quests, add more quest xp per, or reduce level reqs on the quest rewards and up some stats on the quest gear to survive deep seratos/morban at 51-52.

Yes I agree I shouldn't be at Morban at 51.5.. but where should should I go if I have completed all the quests? Should I have to grind trash mobs who give no xp at this pt? or should I have to grind IA's now or Exodus of the storm queen which gives crap xp compared to the 345345435345 xp you need to level now per?

I should be able to start in IPP, start the starting quests, and get to Morban and BE 55-56 by then, equip the rewards I recieve from the quests getting to that point at least. It's natural progression.

Oh, and I also only recieved about 3 PA points from doing all of theses quests up to Morban..

Something isnt right.. feedback received Trion

(BTW I didnt do any crafting).
    So you did Pelladone,Seratos, Cape Jule, City Core and Eastern Holdings and are still 51.5? Would guess you skipped some of these areas.

Lightbulb

I did all the quests I could find in Cape Jule, City Core, Eastern Holdings, Pelladane, Seratos, and am now stuck on level 55 trying to do quests in Ardent Domain and Morban. I have not been skimping on areas, but there simply is no way to level up purely by doing quests in SL right now. Because the quests I am currently trying to do are level 58 and 59, the quest rewards I get I am unable to use because I am too low level, and I am unable to progress questing because I cannot complete any more quests because of my level, no matter how sneaky I am.

As I have said in other posts, there needs to be either more quests, or more experience gains for doing quests. It isn't right that players should be forced to grind other things if they don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Valorstrike View Post

Quote Originally Posted by quietscribe View Post
    I did all the quests I could find in Cape Jule, City Core, Eastern Holdings, Pelladane, Seratos, and am now stuck on level 55 trying to do quests in Ardent Domain and Morban. I have not been skimping on areas, but there simply is no way to level up purely by doing quests in SL right now. Because the quests I am currently trying to do are level 58 and 59, the quest rewards I get I am unable to use because I am too low level, and I am unable to progress questing because I cannot complete any more quests because of my level, no matter how sneaky I am.

As I have said in other posts, there needs to be either more quests, or more experience gains for doing quests. It isn't right that players should be forced to grind other things if they don't want to.
    Forgive me if you know this and this comes out sounding bad, but I just wanted to point something out.

It is the stated goal of questing in Storm Legion (via livestreams, dev posts and dev interviews) that there is less focus on the "quest hub."

If all you are doing is the quests you pick up at each hub, then yes you'll find that you are vastly under-leveled by the time you are sent on to the next zone. The intention is that while you are on those quests, you also do carnage quests (which you should be doing anyway as they reward the new sourcestone currency for gear/essences) and the random quests that pop up in the world (such as the get X amount of these things lying on the ground).

For the first 2 betas, I ran around Cape Jule, City Core and Eastern Holdings and got to level 54. I started this beta proceeding on to Ardent Domain (and gained about 2/3 of a level). When I ran up against orange quests in Ardent Domain, I went over to Seratos.

By the time I finished Seratos I was level 56. I was doing carnage quests along the way as well as the random world quests.

I understand that some people don't like the idea of the carnage quests, but they're the same type of questing you'd be doing in the old "quest hub" focused areas anyway, you just start and turn them in out in the world without having to visit a quest hub. And you will likely still have to kill some of them anyway to complete the quest hub quests, so why not kill a few extra and get more rewards.

In the end I think it's likely that you're going to have to be leveling on both continents and sprinkling in either a) some grinding or b) some other activity like rifts or dungeons in order to level.

I have been doing the carnage and randomly found quests when I come across them. I probably missed some of them, but I did most I came across. I still think that even if I had relentlessly hunted them all then I would still be underlevelled.

Quote Originally Posted by metaldragen View Post
    Forgive me if you know this and this comes out sounding bad, but I just wanted to point something out.

It is the stated goal of questing in Storm Legion (via livestreams, dev posts and dev interviews) that there is less focus on the "quest hub."

If all you are doing is the quests you pick up at each hub, then yes you'll find that you are vastly under-leveled by the time you are sent on to the next zone. The intention is that while you are on those quests, you also do carnage quests (which you should be doing anyway as they reward the new sourcestone currency for gear/essences) and the random quests that pop up in the world (such as the get X amount of these things lying on the ground).

For the first 2 betas, I ran around Cape Jule, City Core and Eastern Holdings and got to level 54. I started this beta proceeding on to Ardent Domain (and gained about 2/3 of a level). When I ran up against orange quests in Ardent Domain, I went over to Seratos.

By the time I finished Seratos I was level 56. I was doing carnage quests along the way as well as the random world quests.

I understand that some people don't like the idea of the carnage quests, but they're the same type of questing you'd be doing in the old "quest hub" focused areas anyway, you just start and turn them in out in the world without having to visit a quest hub. And you will likely still have to kill some of them anyway to complete the quest hub quests, so why not kill a few extra and get more rewards.

In the end I think it's likely that you're going to have to be leveling on both continents and sprinkling in either a) some grinding or b) some other activity like rifts or dungeons in order to level.
    In beta 1 the exp needed to level was lower than what it is now. At that time it was a little over 1kk exp needed, now that's double the amount. I went from 50 to 53 in about 7-8 hours, so probably that's been addressed.

Last beta weekend (the one this past weekend) took me approximately 4-5 hours to hit level 51. I'm all for extending the time it takes to level, but this was just painfully slow (I'm a cleric too, pulling a lot of mobs isn't too big of an issue)

And yes, I did fill out feedback in game :P
    Akx@Deepwood - 8/8 ID - 4/4 PF - http://riftblackout.com

+ Reply to Thread