+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paragon

Paragon

I don't know about some of you, but the mechanics for Paragon are just meh. As it stands, unless Paragon were to top RB by a considerable margin (10-15%) I can't see myself using it just because it's got such a clunky feel. Now I know some of you think Paragon should be blowing RB out of the water, and to some extent you'd be correct since it's supposed to be our top ST soul and, in my opinion, should be at the very least on par with RB or 5-7% above it at the maximum. I've got some suggestions that I'm going to put forth that I think would make this soul more desirable to me, and I imagine a large portion of the warrior community. I'd enjoy some feedback because, while I'm partial to RB, I think there needs to be variety between RB and Paragon while still producing the same numbers. But as it stands Paragon suffers considerably based off it's reliance on it's follow-up mechanics and SLI, making it pretty useless unless you're glued to the targets *** the majority of the time whereas RB's dps is spread out over it's skills and doesn't suffer from DC's as bad. Now I understand that with SL comes Tempest but, as I stated before, Paragon is still very limited during DC's because it can't get it's follow-ups in. Obviously numbers would have to be tweeked for it's finishers and what not but these are going to be class mechanic suggestions more than anything. Please try to keep it civil and productive because, like you, I'd like to see Paragon succeed.

1. SLI - boosted back to 30%. While SLI is a class defining skill and needs to remain, at this point in the game we shouldn't have to constantly maintain it. I'd suggest replacing the tranquility talent (because it's retarded) and adding the ability for follow-ups or Reaping Harvest to have a chance to refresh SLI. (make it two points at 25% and 50% chance...more below on where the extra point would come from)

2. Setting Moon - Remains at the 25% boost to follow-ups for 15s but you might as well put a 15sec CD on it. Paragon already has enough stuff off CD and a crap load of follo-ups to choose from depending on where the fight is at, no use in having this attack be instant cast with no CD. (and from a bug stand point I'm pretty sure it still has no attack graphic while using a 2hder)

3. Weapon Master - There is still a delay with the 2nd AP being generated, and due to latency issues this can cut into GCDs. It needs to be just like any two point producing ability that gives you them at the same time. (one talent point would be sufficient so it would turn into a coding nightmare and the extra point could then go towards SLI refresh talent)

4. Ranged Follow-Up - Before 1.11 Paragon had a ranged follow-up and there is no reason that it shouldn't anymore. Now before SL it wasn't reliable as a way to maintain your DPS during DCs because of it's CD and no reliable spammable ranged ability. But with SL that is fixed because Tempest has been introduced and I think it would go a long way to reimplement one ranged follow-up into Paragon's arsenal that is the same dps and has no CD just like Rising Waterfall. (say at the 36-44 point root)

5. Flinching Strikes - It still clips follow-ups but is in the tree to allow for interrupting...why? I assume this is a bug and will be fixed.

In conclusion, I think that implementing these changes to the class mechanics would go a long way in making Paragon a more fluid and well rounded soul to compliment RB as a contender and add some variety.

There likely will be no buffs to paragon in the near future and only nerfs for all other war dps souls to the point where 5%-10% margin is obtained with paragon ahead.
    <Spectral Oilypics>

Quote Originally Posted by Sharog View Post
    There likely will be no buffs to paragon in the near future and only nerfs for all other war dps souls to the point where 5%-10% margin is obtained with paragon ahead.
    NooooooOOOooOOOOoooooOOOOoOOOOOOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharog View Post
    Most of these suggestions aren't buffs, aside from the SLI increase, but are in fact mechanic changes to the soul to allow for more fluid gameplay with the soul. If you consider making a class more viable from an enjoyment standpoint a buff then I don't know what to tell you. And I'd say 7% at a maximum behind Paragon is where RB should be if Paragon remains in it's current state. If Paragon was allowed to play more fluid and not suffer from DC's so much then I'd say they should be the same and let the player decide his playstyle.

+ Reply to Thread