+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New additions in 11/2 Beta

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

New additions in 11/2 Beta

Howdy fellow dimensional engineers!

We've got a lot of improvements to the dimension system in this Beta, so I wanted to highlight some of the bigger ones here:
    • Based on popular demand: you can now preview dimensions items! Just ctrl+click, like previewing armor.
    • Guild dimensions are now live! You can purchase them from the Dimensions tab in the guild window.
    • The mousewheel now provides additional functionality in various edit modes. It will rotate in place and rotate mode, move the object up and down in XYZ mode, and scale the object in scale mode.
    • Upgrading a dimension now tells you the cost and has a confirmation dialog.
    • Various crash fixes.

Additionally, you'll notice some new Dimensions available for purchase! (some still in progress). There's a whole lot of other minor improvements as well.

Please try out the system and we can't wait to hear your feedback!

Is there going to be anyway to level up guilds so that we can try out the guild dimensions?

Quote Originally Posted by kytsuri View Post
    [*]Based on popular demand:...
    It's Trion, alright

It would be great to have a preview from a chat link as well.

Oh, and the mousewheel control is verey annoying when I want to zoom my camera :/

Quote Originally Posted by Lorissy View Post

Oh, and the mousewheel control is verey annoying when I want to zoom my camera :/
    It really is. I've figured out that holding down the right mouse button and scrolling works the camera, but I still mess up on occasion. Not only that, but Esc to undo is pretty annoying too. Can't tell you how many times I've set an item just perfectly, lined it up great, then hit Esc to close my bags and the item resets back to a previous spot.

Agreed, I forget I have an item selected a lot of the time and scroll for camera zoom and send it flying.

please make one dimension available at guild level 10. i think a lot of the small guilds playing around release arenīt level 15 yet.

I thought there was one available at level 5? Can't remember where I read it though, then two at 15.
    Rosy - 50 Cleric
    Wisteria - 50 Mage
    Liziana - 50 Cleric
    Jazzi - 48 Rogue

Lightbulb

I also find the mouse wheel annoying . I'm sorry I know you worked hard on it . Can you make it so if we want to adjust using the mouse wheel we hold the right mouse button. Instead of having to hold it for the zoom. Or give us a way to key bind it or just to shut it off if we don't need it while we build.
    I love you and you and you and you. I'm still thinking on you however.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    I also find the mouse wheel annoying . I'm sorry I know you worked hard on it . Can you make it so if we want to adjust using the mouse wheel we hold the right mouse button. Instead of having to hold it for the zoom. Or give us a way to key bind it or just to shut it off if we don't need it while we build.
    OR they can have a settings in key bindings...(haven't checked yet) that controls dimensions and you can delete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    To be honest it would still be annoying to keep it bound with right mouse button (RMB). I use the RMB to turn my character while standing in one place. I often scroll out while doing this too. Usually the circumstances that require this is that my character is blocking something, so I move her and scroll out until I can see. That is how I found out that if you hold the RMB and scroll it doesn't move items. The only way to not annoy tons of people is really to either allow us to un-keybind it, or just get rid of it all together. It was a nice thought, and I hate to say just get rid of it, but it just gets in the way, and it doesn't really allow more control (it works in bigger jumps than to just drag it).

Quote Originally Posted by Liziana View Post
    I thought there was one available at level 5? Can't remember where I read it though, then two at 15.
    yeah the stone flask tavern is available at level 1. but it is the very same dimension as anyone can buy as character dimension. not very impressive.

Should make it CTRL+Scroll for the rotation/positioning/etc. And let the normal Scroll be for camera.

So people would zoom in and out, then hold CTRL to change things, then let go of CTRL and continue zoomining in and out.
    Marko.
    - Before commenting, please at the very least read the Stickies.

+ Reply to Thread