+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Storm Legion Open BETA & PvP - Special events & rewards all weekend long!

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Community Manager

Storm Legion Open BETA & PvP - Special events & rewards all weekend long!

This weekend is Open BETA in case you haven't heard - that means ANYONE, and we mean ANYONE can log into the BETA Server to check out RIFT!

Even former RIFT players can copy their characters to BETA by logging into RIFT Lite - so let your friends know if they've been waiting for their chance to check out our first expansion.

Open BETA begins this Friday, 11/2 @ 10AM Pacific and runs through the next 5 days allowing plenty of time to get in on the fun!

www.stormlegion.com/beta

Come Get Some PvP

Beyond the two massive new continents, amazing dimensions, and more content than you can chew we've also been hard at work on delivering solid improvements to PVP and expanding our repertoire of available Warfronts.

Yes - there is a new warfront coming and it's name is Karthan Ridge!

You and your team will need to wrest control of an explosive then detonate it near key points in your enemies base. Of course, we'll be using this BETA event as a way to test the gameplay, so anything can change based on your feedback.

As an added bonus - we've got some rewards to earn for your efforts, here's what you can earn all weekend long:
    • Participate in a Karthan Ridge Match
      Reward: "the Ridgerunner" title
    • Be in the top 100 Kills for the entire weekend
      Reward: "Gun for Hire" title
    • Be in the top 100 Saviors for the entire weekend
      Reward: "Combat Medic" title
    • Most Kills for the Weekend (total, not Killing Blows)
      Reward: Future PvP Reward named after a live character of your choice, of course pending our approval!

If you're into PvP we encourage you to take part in as much as you can but we'll also have an event each day to get as many people as we can into the fray!

Here's a schedule for your convenience:

Anyone who kills a Dev in a Warfront during these events will earn "the Rebellious" title for all their characters.

Friday, 11/2 @ 4-6PM Pacific (11PM-1AM GMT)
    Shard: BETA
    Warfront: Karthan Ridge

Saturday, 11/3 @ 4-6PM Pacific (11PM-1AM GMT)

Shard: BETA
    Warfront: Karthan Ridge

Sunday, 11/3 @ 4-6PM Pacific (12-2AM GMT)
    NOTE: Please remember Daylight Savings occurs in the US!
    Shard: GAMMA (Fluffy will be available)
    Warfront: All (Level 60)

Bring your game face - we'll see you there!

Nice!

Those titles make me want to kill as many people as i can this weekend!
    EU PLAYER @ ICEWATCH / SHORTYCOOL / MAGE

They will regret this when they have to include the name 'Ahov' in an achievement
    <Vendetta>

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    They will regret this when they have to include the name 'Ahov' in an achievement
    HA! you think you will get past me! in my rank 24 gearz i think not. The new title shall be, SHORTYCOOL!!!!
    EU PLAYER @ ICEWATCH / SHORTYCOOL / MAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    • Participate in a Karthan Ridge Match
      Reward: "the Ridgerunner" title
    • Be in the top 100 Kills for the entire weekend
      Reward: "Gun for Hire" title
    • Be in the top 100 Saviors for the entire weekend
      Reward: "Combat Medic" title
    • Most Kills for the Weekend (total, not Killing Blows)
      Reward: Future PvP Reward named after a live character of your choice, of course pending our approval!
    Can you clarify this. Most kills mentions this is just total kills, not KB's, is this the same for the Top 100 kills?

The healing one is going to be exploited like mad. Mage spams Sacrifice Life: Mana, healer saves him over and over for Savior.

Are alpha players and level 51+ players eligible for the rewards? Having access to higher abilities and talents will mean the majority(those of level 50) are at a disadvantage.

Will this be limited to just the new Karthan Ridge warfront or are stats gain from any other warfronts, still be eligible?

To prevent outrageous numbers or anomalies, there should be a limit on achievable kills/heals per warfront played, i.e. a ceiling on kills and healing per warfront completed to ensure acouple warfront results does not skew the count dramatically.

-Delhetorge

Quote Originally Posted by Delhe View Post
    Are alpha players and level 51+ players eligible for the rewards? Having access to higher abilities and talents will mean the majority(those of level 50) are at a disadvantage.

Will this be limited to just the new Karthan Ridge warfront or are stats gain from any other warfronts, still be eligible?

To prevent outrageous numbers or anomalies, there should be a limit on achievable kills/heals per warfront played, i.e. a ceiling on kills and healing per warfront completed to ensure acouple warfront results does not skew the count dramatically.

-Delhetorge
    I share most of these concerns, and I'm a bit curious how the kills will be calculated. Judging by "kills this week" some players have obscene numbers that certainly did not occur during the open beta.

edit: Also, unless you are literally grouping as a guild you face a good chance of getting stuck with a bunch of random bads. Like....5 kills on your side total and the other side gets to farm people that continue running forward.
    <Vendetta>

+ Reply to Thread