+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Storm Legion Beta #3 - Open Beta - What to Expect!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Smile Storm Legion Beta #3 - Open Beta - What to Expect!

Welcome to the third Beta event for RIFT: Storm Legion! This is an open beta weekend available from the morning of Friday, 11/2 through the morning of Wednesday, 11/7, Pacific time.

This Beta event has the following fancy features:

- Level cap of 60!
    - New Storm Legion souls: Harbinger, Tempest, Tactician, Defiler.

- Access to Storm Legion zones:
    - Brevane: Cape Jule, City Core, Eastern Holdings, Ardent Domain, Kingsward, Ashora
    - Dusken Spires: Pelladane, Seratos, Morban, Steppes of Infinity

- Delicious Dungeons:
    - Exodus of the Storm Queen [50-52]
    - Storm Breaker Protocol [52-54]
    - Uhallowed Boneforge [54-56]
    - Golem Foundry [56-58]
    - Archive of Flesh [58-59]
    - Empyrean Core [60]
    - Tower of the Shattered [60]

- The Sliver: 'Triumph of the Dragon Queen'

- The Warfront: 'Karthan Ridge', available for queue at level 50!

- Crafting skills are unlocked through Grandmaster skill level.

- Dimensions, with ever more items and locations to check out!

I don't have a 50, how do I get one?

* You're in luck! We're planning to run a "Fluffy" NPC this Beta which will allow you to auto-level your character to 50.
    * Look for Fluffy in Sanctum and Meridian cities.

How do I get my existing Live RIFT character on Beta?
    * Log in to RIFT Live, and at the character selection screen for the character you wish to copy, hit "Transfer"
    * Use the "Copy to PTS" option for transferring
    * Select Storm Legion as the destination for your character copy!
    * Progress or items/money spent by your copied character on Storm Legion will not impact your RIFT Live character - it's a completely separate copy.

If you're looking to get started on new Storm Legion zones right away:
    * Check your mail! You should have a neat little message directing you where to start.
    * Otherwise, visit the Chancel of Labors in Iron Pine Peak and speak to some friendly teleporting NPCs out there.

If you want to check out sweet, sweet Dimensions:
    * Sanctum and Meridian both have questgivers that will provide you with your first Dimension!
    * Vendors in the main cities - Sanctum, Meridian, and Tempest Bay - also sell Dimensions in addition to other neat stuff and things.

Awesome, can't wait!!

Nice to see fluffy back for open beta!
    EU PLAYER @ ICEWATCH / SHORTYCOOL / MAGE

Says Fluffy will Autolevel to 50. Will there be an Autolevel to 60 option?
    Marko.
    - Before commenting, please at the very least read the Stickies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Says Fluffy will Autolevel to 50. Will there be an Autolevel to 60 option?
    Definitely on the Gamma server for the Sunday pvp test (its a max level pvp test) not sure about on the other server. But you should be able to transfer that char from gamma to beta so you have a 60 to explore max level stuff with. Elrar mentioned about the 60 version of Fluffy on the chocolate forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Khellendros View Post
    Definitely on the Gamma server for the Sunday pvp test (its a max level pvp test) not sure about on the other server. But you should be able to transfer that char from gamma to beta so you have a 60 to explore max level stuff with. Elrar mentioned about the 60 version of Fluffy on the chocolate forums.
    Do you have a forum link for that please? i would very much like to read it
    EU PLAYER @ ICEWATCH / SHORTYCOOL / MAGE

there NEEDS to be a level 60 fluffy, or you wont get much level 60 testing done... will take far too long for everyone to level from 50 to 60...

at least increase his leveling powers as the weekend goes on... say 55 on sat and 60 on sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by Khellendros View Post
    I don't see them allowing transfer from the Gamma shard to beta. That would defeat the whole purpose of only having Fluffy level to 50. Not only that but pre-60 content still needs testing too.

Right now, I can't transfer my chars from Beta to Gamma because no shards are in the list to transfer to. In fact, when you log into the beta itself, you auto create characters on the Beta shard because Gamma is locked (and from what I've read in 60 chat, it's for players/guilds (from Alpha) to use when events are on Beta--I could be wrong.)
    Riftnerd.com / Cleric of <Exposure>

60 testing isn't what they need, levelling testing is.

the idea to have a premade character for example Monday and Tuesday for testing the level 60, dungeon ... because i don t want testing more beta leveling 54-60. i don't want to be spoil for the leveling.

They have alpha players and beta who wants testing leveling and other just dimension, or other players don't want to be spoiled all contents

if I was selected for being an alpha tester, I tested everything but for a period of a few days it does not make sense with the release of the expansion so close

It seems that the dendrome will remains closed... i hope this zone will be accessible on the released of Storm Legion.

- Dimensions, with ever more items and locations to check out!
    New locations? That's a good news.
    Where could we buy those new locations?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    It seems that the dendrome will remains closed... i hope this zone will be accessible on the released of Storm Legion.

New locations? That's a good news.
    Where could we buy those new locations?
    They mentioned in a riftcast that the Dendrome will be closed on release, until a later date when we knock down the wall that the drones have built around the zone.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post4009538

States it around 1hr 7min or so into the video.
    Marko.
    - Before commenting, please at the very least read the Stickies.

Dimensions, with ever more items and locations
    i don't have find new item/dimension (dimension guild ok but ... levelup guild on beta for testing all map .. )

Smile Guild Dimension Access

Hi all,
    How do you gain access to the higher level Guild Dimensions if your Beta guild isn't as high as your actual guild. I need to begin previewing the available spaces to prepare for the develpment of our new guild hall.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    60 testing isn't what they need, levelling testing is.
    Yes, because warriors doing 2.5-3k more dps than mages is CLEARLY balanced.

has anyone else been having issue logging into the beta? Keeps telling me i have the wrong version but i patched 30 mins prior to beta start. i've been checking for a last min patch but it isn't showing one and can't find anything on forums. checked main website and says it's underway

WTS people in beta so I can move around without loading screens. PST :P
    .,__,.........,__,....... ______
    `.,,.*`.,,.*..|' .' .'/\:_|/\
    `.,,.*`.,,.*<|' '.:.(。◕‿‿◕。)
    -........--""-.......--"""u"'''''''''u''''''''u

Quote Originally Posted by walkingfree2020 View Post
    has anyone else been having issue logging into the beta? Keeps telling me i have the wrong version but i patched 30 mins prior to beta start. i've been checking for a last min patch but it isn't showing one and can't find anything on forums. checked main website and says it's underway
    +1, wtf dear Trion?

Quote Originally Posted by walkingfree2020 View Post
    Yes, a lot of use!

Trion, PLEASE give us an update on how to fix the problem!

People cannot get into the beta, getting an error message stating we do not have the latest client. It is also not allowing "transfers" ie: copy paste of characters to play the beta with. Doors were to open at ten am this morning pacific time, it is now ten 35 am..and still no access.

What's up Trion, did someone forget to turn it on? lol

+ Reply to Thread