+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Patch has Failed. (Error #3160)

Exclamation Patch has Failed. (Error #3160)

I opened up the Beta launcher to have the program updated for the next beta test. During the update it asked me do I want to use P2P for faster downloads I said yes. The program then proceeded to install Akamai P2P client software. The install completed with my firewall asking me to unblock the software which i choose to allow. Now I am getting this Patch has Failed. (Error #3160). I have tried to uninstall Akamai P2P software but the patcher just re installs it again. I'm running Windows Vista x64. I have tried with the firewall disabled completely and still receive the same error. Any help with this issue would appreciated.

Akamai NetSession Interface All Tests Passed

This file was created on 10/31/2012 4:10:17 PM when a user initiated the "Generate Report" action in the Akamai NetSession Interface Control Panel or System Preferences. This is a report on the results of diagnostics tests concerning proper installation, connectivity, download and streaming capability.

This data is intended to be used by support and technical representatives as an aid in diagnosing problems using NetSession on this computer. Users seeking help with NetSession problems may be asked by those representatives to click the "Generate Report" button to create a current report.
    ################################################## ##
    OS version: Vista 6.0(6002) (64-bit)

Interface Status Test

Interface Port Test

Interface Connection Test

Basic HTTP Download Test

Basic HTTPS Download Test

Basic Auth Download Test

Cookie Auth Download Test

Query Auth Download Test

Log File Shows This Error

Terminating streaming with error.
    [Wed Oct 31 20:14:37 2012] Streaming finished.
    [Wed Oct 31 20:14:37 2012] Patching has failed. (Error #3160) (#3160, last message: ERR (#3160:2): Error hashing PAK file C:\Program Files (x86)\RIFT-Beta\Download\MAIN-200-17-A-731371\patch_english_core_0.pak. CreateFile returned 2.)

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team
    Does it work if you disable P2P by going to Settings on the patcher and choosing "Use direct downloads only"?

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by jlu View Post
    Does it work if you disable P2P by going to Settings on the patcher and choosing "Use direct downloads only"?
    I am only looking to see if I can help Trion identify a potential issue with there P2P service. Thank you for responding

That Akamai p2p service won't be good for Rift at all.

It may get download of patch better but cause latency in-game after that cause that service won't stop and keep doing net traffics.

I'm from Canada and playing in Eu servers and my normal latency is about 140ms but after upgrading beta client with akamai p2p and going back to rift, my latency went over 1000ms for no reason other that akamai service was still running.

Killing both akamai process and my latency went back to normal.

Search the net and i saw nothing positive for in-game latency when akamai is still running. There is some solution to stop akamai service using .bat file but we should not have to bother about this.

+ Reply to Thread