+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I cant stress enough how empty these zones are.

I cant stress enough how empty these zones are.

Please Trion, increase the amount of mobs and npc's in these zones!! Watch this video, it is not mine and i do not own any part of it, just saw it on youtube to show u the emptiness; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQKVZ3iC4zA

As you can see, there is soooooooooo much open, un-used space with one or 2 out of place mobs standing or wandering around in the middle. There is a lack of npc's and mobs and there is no flow at all to the zones.

I feel like I am the only one who notices this because i never hear it being talked about! This is honestly the reason that is keeping me away from playing any further. I can not get into leveling because it is so boring. The zones themselves look great, but the content within them....not so much.

I would really like a dev to respond to this to give me reassurance that this will get fixed; increase mobs and npc's, that is all.

..... I actually was looking forward to this change.

Sure, we need more items around and a general mob increase, but its not 'OMFG EMPTY'.
    Maelode, Lv 22 male Eth Mage, Pyromancer(main)-Dominator(sec). Secondary role of pure Chloromancer(healer).
    Maelad, Lv 20 female Dwarf Rogue, Riftstalker-Bladedancer(even) solo. Alt role as pure tank Riftstalker. Just got Marksman, not set in.

I come to hate visiting the older zones (especially Stillmoor, parts of Shimmersand, Scarwood) due to the ridiculous mob clutter.
    Maelode, Lv 22 male Eth Mage, Pyromancer(main)-Dominator(sec). Secondary role of pure Chloromancer(healer).
    Maelad, Lv 20 female Dwarf Rogue, Riftstalker-Bladedancer(even) solo. Alt role as pure tank Riftstalker. Just got Marksman, not set in.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    ..... I actually was looking forward to this change.

Sure, we need more items around and a general mob increase, but its not 'OMFG EMPTY'.
    Yeah I mean mob density in some areas needs to be looked at but its not empty. I mean to use an example of a zone from that video Pelladane is far from empty imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    I come to hate visiting the older zones (especially Stillmoor, parts of Shimmersand, Scarwood) due to the ridiculous mob clutter.
    Oh man Scarwood is HORRIBLE with this Yeah looking forward to less mob density myself. Like I said before yeah it needs increasing in some areas. But looking forward to some more exploring and perhaps artifact hunting in the expansion now that I can do so without having to fight a mob every 30 seconds. Ok slight exaggeration but yeah..

They should increase the spawn rate, and the amount of mobs, i can see this being very irritating at launch, and a lot of people getting pissed off, that being said i am enjoying it so far, i think that for the first few months it should be increased by tenfold for the initial questing part then slowly reduced to the amount it is now. Its the same during IAs, they nodes and mobs are spread out really far, and the spawn rate is very low.

Quote Originally Posted by nykolass View Post
    They should increase the spawn rate, and the amount of mobs, i can see this being very irritating at launch, and a lot of people getting pissed off, that being said i am enjoying it so far, i think that for the first few months it should be increased by tenfold for the initial questing part then slowly reduced to the amount it is now. Its the same during IAs, they nodes and mobs are spread out really far, and the spawn rate is very low.
    Eh 10 times probably a bit high one thing we have to remember is with the change to tagging mobs we no longer need hordes of mobs in order to have enough for everyone. But yeah I agree spawn rate and density needs to be looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliso View Post
    Eh 10 times probably a bit high one thing we have to remember is with the change to tagging mobs we no longer need hordes of mobs in order to have enough for everyone. But yeah I agree spawn rate and density needs to be looked at.
    Sorry, lately i seem to be getting over excited. maybe 20-30% more in some zones, most zones do feel okay at the moment. The change to tagging was a great one, a step in the right direction, i am very happy to see it go.

Quote Originally Posted by nykolass View Post
    Sorry, lately i seem to be getting over excited. maybe 20-30% more in some zones, most zones do feel okay at the moment. The change to tagging was a great one, a step in the right direction, i am very happy to see it go.
    Yeah 20-30% seems like a good number enough to give it a good boost but not so much its like some areas on live lol. Cause there are some areas on live I really wish they would come and lower mob density/spawn rate!

+ Reply to Thread