+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recipe costs (crafting Marks) of Green recipes from recipe vendors.

Recipe costs (crafting Marks) of Green recipes from recipe vendors.

Greetings,

Id like to start off with a quote made by a fellow player on the Steampike server: "If you want to craft something usefull , buy a kit of Lego".
    This quote was made to the question what usefull things there were to be crafted in Rift.
    While slightly exaggerated , my personal estimate is that this is true for at least of half of all recipes available for crafting.

The thing which bothered me the most was the cost of the recipes from the token vendors:
    The green con levelling recipes which are bought from the respective recipe vendor for crafting marks are about 5 to 10 times in cost what they should be.
    Especially if you compare said recipes which are bought from the crafting trainer and compared to what one can actually make out of those recipes.

These recipes will cost you easily 20-40p in rough materials doing the crafting dailies. This alone is rather steep , but now there are no recipes for certain specs on the grandmaster trainer where you have to buy the recipe from the token vendor. These green recipes now cost also master craftsman marks for green recipes?.

These green recipes are mediocre at best and are in no way worth their cost, in the current form.

What I would suggest for Storm Legion for the recipes bought with crafting Marks:
    - Move all the regular green recipes back to the crafting trainers
    - Put in new , interesting green recipes with small set bonusses and lower the costs slightly.
    - Lower the cost of non-endgame Blue recipes on the vendors.
    - If none of the above, lower the cost of gaining crafting tokens.

Gaeswen

Did you see this?

Quote Originally Posted by Taleen View Post
    At 375 skill you will have 2 daily quests available that award a total of 5 Master Craftsman's Marks. If you do both daily quests each day, you can earn up to 35 Master Craftsman's Marks per week.

The current pricing on the 375+ epic recipes is such that an Expert Dungeon tier recipes costs a little under 1 week of daily and weekly quests. The Raid tier recipes cost approximately two weeks of daily and weekly quests.

The amount of recipes per profession has also been improved upon compared to Live. It should be much more balanced across all professions now. I believe the difference between total recipes on the Artisan store is <5 between Artificer, Armorsmith, Outfitter and Weaponsmith. Apothecary and Runecrafter should also be comparable to each other, but the inherent differences between the "equippable items" professions and the "consumables" professions forces them to have a different balance and recipe spread.
    Aesha - The Fabled @ IceWatch

Recipe costs (crafting Marks) of Green recipes from recipe vendors.

Did you read the title of my post?

I never made a point of the costs at max crafting level and of endgame epics, the journey from base to max level is where the problem lies.

There will always be fillers in a craft to level up. But if the majority of the available recipes are fillers thats a whole different matter.
    Now if you have to buy such recipes with currency thats plain insulting.

The usefullness varies somewhat with the crafts where Artificer and Runecrafting are off better then Armor/Weapon crafting and Outfitter.

Check out a random recipe vendor in Storm Legion, calculate what one of the first green recipes would cost in reagents you need for the tokens.

Gaeswen

Quote Originally Posted by Gaeswen View Post
    Greetings,

Id like to start off with a quote made by a fellow player on the Steampike server: "If you want to craft something usefull , buy a kit of Lego".
    This quote was made to the question what usefull things there were to be crafted in Rift.
    While slightly exaggerated , my personal estimate is that this is true for at least of half of all recipes available for crafting.

The thing which bothered me the most was the cost of the recipes from the token vendors:
    The green con levelling recipes which are bought from the respective recipe vendor for crafting marks are about 5 to 10 times in cost what they should be.
    Especially if you compare said recipes which are bought from the crafting trainer and compared to what one can actually make out of those recipes.

These recipes will cost you easily 20-40p in rough materials doing the crafting dailies. This alone is rather steep , but now there are no recipes for certain specs on the grandmaster trainer where you have to buy the recipe from the token vendor. These green recipes now cost also master craftsman marks for green recipes?.

These green recipes are mediocre at best and are in no way worth their cost, in the current form.

What I would suggest for Storm Legion for the recipes bought with crafting Marks:
    - Move all the regular green recipes back to the crafting trainers
    - Put in new , interesting green recipes with small set bonusses and lower the costs slightly.
    - Lower the cost of non-endgame Blue recipes on the vendors.
    - If none of the above, lower the cost of gaining crafting tokens.

Gaeswen
    I agree that green recipes should be moved back to the crafting trainers however I honestly don't have much of a problem with the current costs of blue/epic quality recipes due to the increase in daily marks received.

I don't feel like they need to replace current green recipes with new buffed versions at the recipe vendor since they will all likely be replaced with blues/epics within a reasonable amount of time. Let's face it, all of those recipes will be close to useless once you hit 375.

+ Reply to Thread