+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Get rid of pvp stats

Get rid of pvp stats

Get rid of them, I cant think of a reason why to have them. PvE stats help players approach raid content in a sequential order to help the player master new mechanics before the game adds more complexity.

Players new to pvp don't need to be taught how to master pvp mechanics, and they don't need any help fighting veteran pvpers long as those veterans don't have a large bonus in stats that a new player does not have.

Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    Get rid of them, I cant think of a reason why to have them. PvE stats help players approach raid content in a sequential order to help the player master new mechanics before the game adds more complexity.

Players new to pvp don't need to be taught how to master pvp mechanics, and they don't need any help fighting veteran pvpers long as those veterans don't have a large bonus in stats that a new player does not have.
    Not sure if serious.

PvP stats exist to decrease damage taken down to reasonable levels, without Valor everyone would get 1 shot constantly. The reason they can't just lower PvE damage to prevent this is it causes scaling issues for harder PvE content.

Separating the gear sets and progression system allows them to more finely tune each.

couldn't they just do a blanket reduction?

no (shakes head)

If you got rid of pvp gear, ALOT of the pvp community would see this as a spit in their faces, people who pvp like to feel more powerful in pvp because of the amount of time and skill they have put into obtaining the gear, if you where to remove it it would have to be replaced with something similar to compensate, people who play this game for the pvp should not be forced to pve, its the same for pve'ers the should not feel forced into getting BiS from pvp. Also if we had no pvp resistance at all, everyone would be getting 1 shotted by warriors. I liked the idea of normalization and the PA tree to progress through pvp idea, but it was better in theory, than it was in practice.

agree 50% OP poster, I don't want see valor never ever, global reduction is good. I still want game have separated PvP and PvE items which define BIS item each purpose. Both items still need be usable in both directions.

You can't remove PvP stats, simply because PvE items would be BiS for PvP in that case. You don't want that. Or PvP items would be BiS for PvE, also an undesirable situation.

+ Reply to Thread