+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cleric Weapon Itemization is Terrible

Cleric Weapon Itemization is Terrible

OK, I get that you guys are trying to provide more flexibility with the weapons...and you therefore removed the weapon damage from the calculation for damage abilities. A serious flaw exists with this logic. There seems to be a total pool of points available for weapon stats. The weapons still have weapon damage, so they are consuming those pool points without providing any additional gain to stats (and therefore no gain to ability hit). A 2h hammer eats up a large number of these stat points in weapon damage, so the stats like wisdom, spell power, spell crit, etc. suffer greatly when you compare them with a staff or 1h/oh combination of the same raid tier. As it stands right now, there is absolutely no reason to use a 2h hammer over a staff or a 1h/oh combination. The stats from the 1h/oh especially blow everything else away because of the reduced weapon damage.

If weapon damage is to be removed from ability damage calculations, then it needs to be removed completely from the weapons, or set to zero, so we can have the weapons be equal or varied slightly in stats and procs. That way we are not just be gimping ourselves by using a 2h hammer or other weapon that has weapon damage on it.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team
    Weapon damage is not part of the budget and does not detract from stats. Weapon damage is derived by the level and the rarity of the item.

~Daglar

So Weapon damamge no longer effects Cleric DPS wether we are in melee or ranged caster?

If that is the case we can produce the same dps with 1hd and totem as we can with 2hd wep. (assuming same lvl item and quality)

For clerics the only thing that a weapons DPS effects is out "White" damage, aka Auto Attack. Everything else is based off of SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Codari View Post
    So Weapon damamge no longer effects Cleric DPS wether we are in melee or ranged caster?

If that is the case we can produce the same dps with 1hd and totem as we can with 2hd wep. (assuming same lvl item and quality)
    I am going to assume that, yes, that is the case. Time to bring your totems and 1 hand mace/daggers to your melee dps builds (if you dont care too much about the auto-attack dps...which should still be derived from the weapon's dps). But, for inquisitor or any ranged build, whatever combo of stuff gives you a higher SP (and I guess to a certain degree, spell crit) would be what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Weapon damage is not part of the budget and does not detract from stats. Weapon damage is derived by the level and the rarity of the item.

~Daglar
    If this is the case then why are the 2handed Hammers stats lower than the stats of a 1 handed Mace and Totems? I'll use the warlord weapons for example on the beta PvP venders since they are equal in level and rarity. The Warlords Warhammer has the same SP as the Warlords Mace and Tomb combined , but the stats Wisdom , Endo , ect are lower than the 2 handed which in the end makes the 2 handed not as desirable.

Shouldnt these be equall across the board then: 1300sp=1300sp / 80 wisdom = 40 wisdom +40 wisdom / not 45wisdom + 45wisdom .

Currently as a cleric I would never look at a 2hander . and I dont see any reason to . So why dont we just go ahead and remove them all ? Anyone who can add will realize that 9/10 times the 1 handed mace+totem > 2handed hammer. Something new coming to Hammers in SL we not aware of yet like Crit power?

Not to mention that its even worse on live Staff for example generally always had better raw stats than a 2 handed hammer but the base damg was lower. 1 handed Maces +totem always seemed to have the best raw stats plus 2 possible weapon abilites, which normally better or = to Staffs. and the 2 handed Hammers always seemed to come in last on the stat department ie lowest SP, Wisdom than the other 2 options but offered then largest base damg for Melee clerics.

So that being said i dont see how the weapon damg is not caculated in as some of the stat weight unless its just terrible itemization and just happen to work out to where the highest base damg weapons had the lowest stat weight .

So if I was playing a Druid spec, what weapon should I now focus on? Do I still need a 2h or can I got MH OH now?

+ Reply to Thread