+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Rant] So my qq about 51 Riftblade

[Rant] So my qq about 51 Riftblade

So 1.11 hits and Champion gets completely gutted and warriors across the board have struggled for builds that are not power starved, can do ST and AoE in one build.

We are presented with 51RB build where alot of the dps going by the meters was coming from Riftwalk. Hey I admit it was OP and needed a nerf.

Here is my problem and it has been my problem with Trion, since 1.0 when this game released. So just testing on live Riftwalk was about 24-25% of my dps which I said was excessive.

Now on BETA it is down to 4%. This is a prime example of over killing something and has my biggest pet peeve. What justifies a 20% nerf on a skill?

I do not see to many of warrior companions crying because they still think Paragon is safe which it will not be for long after Rogues start crying that build is OP also.

What happened to the ability to nerf something in pvp and leave it alone in pve? Has Trion just forgotten how to do this?

Why not just back it down to say 15% of our dps?

They nerfed the overall damage on Riftwalk. It's not balanced when you're doing 11k Riftwalks, not viable to put it into the rotation now. I'd just go with Storm Blade instead.

Paragon's already nerfed, SLI dropped from 50% to 25%.

Champion is an AOE based class, putting out Burst AOE Finishers easily. Are you crying for old 51C?

Power Starvation is not an issue for AOE because most are simply short fights and doesn't last 2-3 minutes (when your power starvation actually affects you). Power Starvation for ST however is a different story, but you can partially fix that with proper rotations.

---------------
    If you see that your Riftwalk drops from 25% to 4%, clearly you need to adjust and say "Oh so they nerfed this". Does it look balanced for PVP or PVE when you're constantly throwing out 11k Riftwalks (if you're SUPER lucky?). If you suddenly hit that AWESOME RNG moment where you Riftwalk like a BOSS, that's OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellcross View Post
    If you see that your Riftwalk drops from 25% to 4%, clearly you need to adjust and say "Oh so they nerfed this". Does it look balanced for PVP or PVE when you're constantly throwing out 11k Riftwalks (if you're SUPER lucky?). If you suddenly hit that AWESOME RNG moment where you Riftwalk like a BOSS, that's OP.
    My point is yes clearly it was OP because it was 25% of our damage. It needed to be nerfed, but not into complete oblivion. They need to stop using a sledge hammer on abilities.

All it does is make us substitute something else in it's place and then that has to be nerfed, then something, then something. It is a endless progression of nerfs.

Atleast give us base values that they are aiming for in SL? I know Daglar completely dodged the question before, but it creates a massive amount of anger when abilities and builds just get gutted with no rhyme or reason.

I thin k it's good that you don't want this ability to be used as builder. Any build based around this kind of ability will only be useable in specific situation while forcing the dev to balance the overall dps aroud these specific situations

They wont give any number because people will want anybad build to put this amount of dps which will result in good build putting a lot to much.
    In addition between good / average and bad player there is always at least 1k dps so for who are you gonna balance ?

Probably they had not thought of the option of using Planar Blade to make Riftwalk a main part of your rotation. I'd guess they envisaged Riftblade doing a good hit when they blink in, then going to a conventional rotation. Keeping storm blade for dps and planar for mobility.

They had to either nerf RW or nerf Planar Blade, I think they chose the right option. Having blinks in your rotation is a pain anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf9 View Post
    Probably they had not thought of the option of using Planar Blade to make Riftwalk a main part of your rotation. I'd guess they envisaged Riftblade doing a good hit when they blink in, then going to a conventional rotation. Keeping storm blade for dps and planar for mobility.

They had to either nerf RW or nerf Planar Blade, I think they chose the right option. Having blinks in your rotation is a pain anyway.
    This is my problem right here. We are forced to play mind reader. Atrius seriously we do not bite. You can talk to us and we will go with whatever you decide to go with.

Can we get more complete notes under here?
    http://beta.forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?t=6121

RIFTBLADE
    * Reduced the base damage on Bursts.
    * Burst Capacitor: Increased the effect to 8% per point.
    * Fixed the Rift Implosion progression.
    * Nerfed Riftwalk by 20%

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    This is my problem right here. We are forced to play mind reader. Atrius seriously we do not bite. You can talk to us and we will go with whatever you decide to go with.

Can we get more complete notes under here?
    http://beta.forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?t=6121

RIFTBLADE
    * Reduced the base damage on Bursts.
    * Burst Capacitor: Increased the effect to 8% per point.
    * Fixed the Rift Implosion progression.
    * Nerfed Riftwalk by 20%
    A 20% Nerf would have been if it had gone from 25% to 20%, 5 being 20% of 25. This is like an 84% Nerf, just from a math standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewin View Post
    A 20% Nerf would have been if it had gone from 25% to 20%, 5 being 20% of 25. This is like an 84% Nerf, just from a math standpoint.
    So using base damage as my starting point. So it was overall 25% of my total damage which everyone agree's was pretty OP. I posted a pic the other day of a 31k crit using Holy Champ and a full AIR PA during a Ember Isle zone event.

If Trion really is about taking feedback from the playerbase, then I am not alone here

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-warriors.html

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-good-aoe.html

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-st-build.html

One spec after another that we find that is useful in a raid is gut'd. Trion wonders why we are reluctant to post these specs on the forums and this is the exact reason.

The NERFS are often heavy handed and completely kill entire souls from being used. I cannot count anymore how many people have unsubbed over this heavy handed nerfing starting with 1.1 and continuing up to 1.11

It's needed to be brought way down Puremalice and you know it. Relying on a gimmick to sustain the numbers that it was pulling before the nerf is just dumb. Regardless, RB is still plenty viable even with the nerf because they made up for the nerf to RW by adding dmg to builders and such.

Just for the record Mallace, you have no idea what you're talking about

I'm sick of people going on like it's Trion's Mission in Life to smash faces into the dirt of whatever class that person is.

Riftwalk has always been a utility spell, until 1.11 it wasn't viable to even be used as part of a rotation, they tried out something to at least not make it much of a GCD loss when you had to use it. Suddenly everyone started using it as a rotation, so they put it back to norma. Especially for PVP reasons (although for PVE it makes sense as well), using gap closers should lower your damage for at least the duration of the gap closing. Combining Utility and Damage in the same refreshable spell is a bad idea and I'm glad Trion realise this. If you didn't snare your foe, or didn't move out of the bosses knockback aoe, you should suffer for that.

Your way of looking at it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Whyfish View Post
    Just for the record Mallace, you have no idea what you're talking about

I'm sick of people going on like it's Trion's Mission in Life to smash faces into the dirt of whatever class that person is.

Riftwalk has always been a utility spell, until 1.11 it wasn't viable to even be used as part of a rotation, they tried out something to at least not make it much of a GCD loss when you had to use it. Suddenly everyone started using it as a rotation, so they put it back to norma. Especially for PVP reasons (although for PVE it makes sense as well), using gap closers should lower your damage for at least the duration of the gap closing. Combining Utility and Damage in the same refreshable spell is a bad idea and I'm glad Trion realise this. If you didn't snare your foe, or didn't move out of the bosses knockback aoe, you should suffer for that.

Your way of looking at it just doesn't make any sense to me.
    Show me another air based builder in the Rift tree accessible at level 50 now that stacks with Elemental Touch and Elemental weapon.

Looking at the qq I am realizing why Riftwalk it broken. I am not sure why, but my guess is RW is classified as a Burst spell, so it is stacking with Quick Burst resetting the CD on it.

This skill is actually fine the way it is with the damage it has on live. 30sec CD on a teleport is fine by me. The problem is the CD keeps resetting, so the attack is basically spammable for some reason.

I find it shocking noone has reported this issue.

Show me another air based builder in the Rift tree accessible at level 50 now that stacks with Elemental Touch and Elemental weapon.

Looking at the qq I am realizing why Riftwalk it broken. I am not sure why, but my guess is RW is classified as a Burst spell, so it is stacking with Quick Burst resetting the CD on it.

This skill is actually fine the way it is with the damage it has on live. 30sec CD on a teleport is fine by me. The problem is the CD keeps resetting, so the attack is basically spammable for some reason.

I find it shocking noone has reported this issue.
    Uh what...it refreshes from Planar Blade like it always has. And wtf are you talking about in reference to elemental blade? It gives you 10% of your AP as air damage not whatever you just tried to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Irunaii View Post
    Uh what...it refreshes from Planar Blade like it always has. And wtf are you talking about in reference to elemental blade? It gives you 10% of your AP as air damage not whatever you just tried to say.
    Wellll maybe it should not be refreshing from planar blade. Tell me the logic behind this.

. It is on a 30 second CD

Does that make you assume the intent was for the attack to be spammable?

It has refreshed from planar blade since 1.0, that was sort of the point of it, so that in pvp you could have an option to not get kited.

It has refreshed from planar blade since 1.0, that was sort of the point of it, so that in pvp you could have an option to not get kited.
    Well clearly it needs to be removed from Planar Blade then. A 80% nerf on the ability does not make sense when all they have to do is remove it from auto refreshing.

Instead of gut'n the damage on the ability just reduce the rate at which it refreshes. I personally want to call BS on that 15% because I know very well I have literally been ABLE TO spam that ability.

That is the big qq about RB right now that RW is so much of our base damage. Use a scaple and not a sledge hammer to fix the ability.

Well clearly it needs to be removed from Planar Blade then. A 80% nerf on the ability does not make sense when all they have to do is remove it from auto refreshing.

Instead of gut'n the damage on the ability just reduce the rate at which it refreshes. I personally want to call BS on that 15% because I know very well I have literally been ABLE TO spam that ability.

That is the big qq about RB right now that RW is so much of our base damage. Use a scaple and not a sledge hammer to fix the ability.
    Planar blade will do absolutely nothing then, it used to return power as well, but now all it does is refresh riftwalk and rift summon. Rift walk shouldn't be doing as much damage as it is, plain and simple. It should do about the same as every other charge, not twice as much like it is right now. Raise the damage on searing strike or whatever to compensate, but riftwalk is definatly overpowered right now.

Planar blade will do absolutely nothing then, it used to return power as well, but now all it does is refresh riftwalk and rift summon. Rift walk shouldn't be doing as much damage as it is, plain and simple. It should do about the same as every other charge, not twice as much like it is right now. Raise the damage on searing strike or whatever to compensate, but riftwalk is definatly overpowered right now.
    Nerfing Riftwalk does not solve the problem. We already have another spam build because warriors are expecting a huge nerf. It is posted on the live forums right now.

The problem with RW is not the damage honestly. 3,000 damage or less in 30 seconds is 100 extra dps per second. The problem is the ability to spam it.

If they nerf it they need to balanced it. Cut the damage, but half the CD on it. Beating it to death with a hammer does not solve what is causing the problem.

Wow, just wow.
    I know understand you Pure, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. That explains so much.

Nerfing Riftwalk does not solve the problem. We already have another spam build because warriors are expecting a huge nerf. It is posted on the live forums right now.

The problem with RW is not the damage honestly. 3,000 damage or less in 30 seconds is 100 extra dps per second. The problem is the ability to spam it.

If they nerf it they need to balanced it. Cut the damage, but half the CD on it. Beating it to death with a hammer does not solve what is causing the problem.
    You are missing the point, the whole reason to have planar blade is to make it so you can use riftwalk just about as often as you like, its for mobility specs, now you want them to destroy the whole point of the planarblade/riftwalk combo because you don't want them to Nerf the damage, which is frankly too high to begin with. This is one of those things you are probably just gonna have to deal with because I severly doubt that they are going to change the way it works when it is so much easier to just reduce its damage then to change its whole functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Wow, just wow.
    I know understand you Pure, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. That explains so much.
    What am I not getting here? The thing has a 30 second CD. There intent clearly was not for me to spam the attack for back to back 9k hits.

Trust me it is stupid easy to top the dps charts right now just spamming one button. I wish Atrius would stop being so ominous and be useful like Kevrick and just tell us what he is planning on doing.

I am suggesting there are ways to fix this without nerfing Riftwalk into the dirt. If you nerf it I am simply going to switch to this spec

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-riftwalk.html

People are already switching to the above spec because instead of taking Riftwalk off of the spam fest which is clearly not intended they are considering gut'n the damage.

+ Reply to Thread