+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Rant] So my qq about 51 Riftblade

The only reason people spam it because the damage is op. If they Nerf the damage people won't spam it. No one will spam it if the damage is reduced to be in line with other charges, and lets it maintain its primary function as a gap closer. Seriously not understanding why you are so up in arms over this.

Let me lay it out for you plainly.

Rift Walk is not, has never and will never be intended to be part of your regular rotation. It is a gap closer with a damage component to soften the DPS loss of disconnecting from your target.

Planar Blade refreshes the cooldown on Riftwalk so it can be used more frequently. This is primarily to aid in PVP to prevent being infinitely kited by a ranged opponent and to aid mobility and soloing speed by enabling you to leap between mobs quickly.

The damage has been nerfed below that of spammable builders to discourage players from using it on cooldown as part of their PvE rotations. If Planar Blade had have been nerfed then Riftblade would have been severely weakened in PvP and to a lesser extent soloing viability.

Understand?

I honestly think he's a troll or just stupid Primal. I'm not even going to bother to comment to him anymore because it's a waste of my time. And to answer your inquiry Ort, yes when they nerfed RW on beta last weekend they spread the damage to builders and such like RS and SS essentially making it a moot point. As to what's going on behind the scenes atm I can't say but I really hope that the RB haters don't get this soul killed from a raid viability stand point. It really should be doing 5% lower than Paragon, but with Paragon's current state on live it should be buffed up to 5% above what RB is, not nerf RB down below Paragon. I know for a fact that once SL hits Temp is gonna get nerfed because quite frankly Torrent is a bit OP, doing 15% of my dps when I tested it at 51.

No not a troll. I am just suggesting an alternative to nuking an ability. We would not have this issue if Alpha testers had caught this issue to begin with, so do not lecture me on not knowing my class.

There are other ways to fix the soul and leave the dps alone. Only thing this solves is people put in "cast searing strike" now and now that does 25% of our damage instead of "cast riftwalk".

If you are going to cry about one attack being too reliant, then why not cry about the other. I do not see the reason to completely gut an ability when the problem is easily solvable. Make it less spamable.

I know Atrius will end up not listening to me because top guilds get the final say in Rift, but all I am doing is suggesting an alternative. If you nerf it we just switch to something else we can spam.

You won't be listened to because your idea is horrible and you don't understand the point behind riftwalk/planarblade combo to begin with. It is supposed to be less dps then running stormblade and using a normal rotation. You would use that combo when you wanted/needed max mobility, either in pvp or whatever. That was how it was designed to be used. When they did the overhauls they overbuffed riftwalks damage. The solution isn't to kill its use as a mobility tool, but to lower the damage, which is what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewin View Post
    You won't be listened to because your idea is horrible and you don't understand the point behind riftwalk/planarblade combo to begin with. It is supposed to be less dps then running stormblade and using a normal rotation. You would use that combo when you wanted/needed max mobility, either in pvp or whatever. That was how it was designed to be used. When they did the overhauls they overbuffed riftwalks damage. The solution isn't to kill its use as a mobility tool, but to lower the damage, which is what they are doing.
    Well congrats you got your wish. They nerfed it alright to the point noone will actually use it anymore. There are other ways to approach class balancing outside of swinging a hammer.

Trion is the one that has to maintain sub numbers not me and when they go swinging this hammer around with the people returning for SL they will learn why alot of them unsubbed to begin with.

+ Reply to Thread