+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CH/Archon spec needs a look at.

CH/Archon spec needs a look at.

This spec did well in 10 mans/raid rifts in a pinch if no bard was available and for varies other reasons. I loved this spec starting out in GP when it was first released between resists/vigor it performed well. I noticed with SL both Living Energy and Arcane Aegis are both 40 points in. This hurts the whole purpose of this spec, for a mage to provide a support role with buffs and decent raid heals, but not quite a full chloro.

I dont think Aegis in its current form is going to have the impact it did at 50 with the new "resist all"s, but it would be nice to have back. Can we get LE moved back to 32 somehow or at least 36? its hard to replace a support role like a bard with no LE. A bard should not be required for 10s.

Quote Originally Posted by Nashi View Post
    This spec did well in 10 mans/raid rifts in a pinch if no bard was available and for varies other reasons. I loved this spec starting out in GP when it was first released between resists/vigor it performed well. I noticed with SL both Living Energy and Arcane Aegis are both 40 points in. This hurts the whole purpose of this spec, for a mage to provide a support role with buffs and decent raid heals, but not quite a full chloro.

I dont think Aegis in its current form is going to have the impact it did at 50 with the new "resist all"s, but it would be nice to have back. Can we get LE moved back to 32 somehow or at least 36? its hard to replace a support role like a bard with no LE. A bard should not be required for 10s.
    There's no need for a chloro/chon when you can run 36/40 harb/chon and do solid dps and provide 3/4 of the archon auras. If you need energy reduction, i'm sure there's always room from 1 chloro in a 10man.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
    There's no need for a chloro/chon when you can run 36/40 harb/chon and do solid dps and provide 3/4 of the archon auras. If you need energy reduction, i'm sure there's always room from 1 chloro in a 10man.
    Why would you use a Harb/Archon *and* a Chloro when you could do the job of both with one Bard? :/ Rogues are the most populous class. The old Chlorocon was the closest Mages could get to that functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    Why would you use a Harb/Archon *and* a Chloro when you could do the job of both with one Bard? :/ Rogues are the most populous class. The old Chlorocon was the closest Mages could get to that functionality.
    Does it suck that rogues have a ridiculously op support spec that overshadows much of what we were used to be able to do? yup! I was just offering a workaround that *could* be viable. Won't know until everyone is at 60.

40 Chloro 36 Archon combined with 58 BM and Rogue tank with Bard subspec gets you pretty much everything in a 10 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    40 Chloro 36 Archon combined with 58 BM and Rogue tank with Bard subspec gets you pretty much everything in a 10 man.
    When GP was released, that CH/arc build helped us easily secure shard firsts mowing through it with some comps that plain hurt since we lost our active raiding bard around that time. Arcane Aegis + Vigor offset the clerics in our groups HP levels vs the un-nerfed boulders.

The whole issue with alot of replies boils down to reality of whose on in guild and who can play what specs well. Splitting a 20M raid guild in 2 for 2 progression 10s, Im sure you've all dealt with that and been short that needed support.

And as for the harb replies, Im not talking about running a 10m with gear 3 tiers higher then it.

Theres room if you have 1. Our guild from release did up to HK with as little as 2 raiding mages. You make it sound like were the only progression guild that fights comp issues.

Is it an ideal spec to run all the time? no. But its sure been nice in the past to make up for comp issues.

+ Reply to Thread