+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Carnage Feedback

Carnage Feedback

alright, thought i'd chime in on this one.

- I like the implementation of carnage
    - The overall feel of the system is good

- but why, WHY? are there some that require as many as THIRTY kills? this is a bit excessive. surely no more than 15 would be ideal (most i came across were at or around 15 kills, but there were a couple odd outliers of like 25/30 kills. I realize carnage is here to artificially hide the "grind" kill quests, but hiding a grind behind a bigger one isn't an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkamenitas View Post
    alright, thought i'd chime in on this one.

- I like the implementation of carnage
    - The overall feel of the system is good

- but why, WHY? are there some that require as many as THIRTY kills? this is a bit excessive. surely no more than 15 would be ideal (most i came across were at or around 15 kills, but there were a couple odd outliers of like 25/30 kills. I realize carnage is here to artificially hide the "grind" kill quests, but hiding a grind behind a bigger one isn't an improvement.
    you posted this before i got the chance too! ") it does feel abit too excessive. i was doing a carnage quest during an IA and i tried my hardest to do both carnage, and IA quests but i could not manage to kill the 24 mobs, before the IA was complete

Quote Originally Posted by nykolass View Post
    you posted this before i got the chance too! ") it does feel abit too excessive. i was doing a carnage quest during an IA and i tried my hardest to do both carnage, and IA quests but i could not manage to kill the 24 mobs, before the IA was complete
    Wow I didn;t notice any 24 ones! Yeah that does seem excessive. Unless there is a much bigger reward for it or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliso View Post
    Wow I didn;t notice any 24 ones! Yeah that does seem excessive. Unless there is a much bigger reward for it or something.
    nope. i came across one or two with 30 kills XD, nothing special reward wise

higher kill count Carnage are typically weak mobs that are found in packs of 2-3. Their HP tends to be 1/3-1/2 of a normal mob of equiv level. So the total damage dealth is equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    higher kill count Carnage are typically weak mobs that are found in packs of 2-3. Their HP tends to be 1/3-1/2 of a normal mob of equiv level. So the total damage dealth is equivalent.
    the ones i were running into in pelladane was kill 30 storm legion in a couple spots, and they were all the standard 26-30k hp for that level of mob

It seems more of a way to grind with a small return for essences etc. etc. to me.

I found myself getting extremely bored by the kill Storm Legion quests in each area of the zone I went. There are definitely too many of these, but overall I really like the system. I feel like one big "kill Storm Legion" quest through out the zone (75-100), with a bigger reward would be pretty neat.

Honestly I have no problem with this.

It's just an extra reward for grind, and it keeps you in SPECIFIC areas so you:
    1)Also discover the other '!' quests scattered around
    2)Get gathering crafting items on your way
    2)Make sure you're doing the story quests

Don't get into Carnage quests like you need to do that and ONLY that. I can get at least 20-25/30 of those Storm Legion kills just by exploring, doing the main story (which is well done for Rift btw), doing Onslaughts, zone events, and Instant Adventures (especially this one).

And yes, most of those Kill 30+s are of the easier mobs that with a good solo spec, you can gather up 4-5 at a time with good gear, or 2-3 at a time with weaker/normal Lv 50-51 quest gear. It's really no problem... as long as you're not so focused on the Carnage itself.

I'm just very glad that there's no more mob tagging now . Just help out each other with mobs and you GET CARNAGE CREDIT!
    Maelode, Lv 22 male Eth Mage, Pyromancer(main)-Dominator(sec). Secondary role of pure Chloromancer(healer).
    Maelad, Lv 20 female Dwarf Rogue, Riftstalker-Bladedancer(even) solo. Alt role as pure tank Riftstalker. Just got Marksman, not set in.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkamenitas View Post
    the ones i were running into in pelladane was kill 30 storm legion in a couple spots, and they were all the standard 26-30k hp for that level of mob
    ...Then you get the extra gold, greys to sell, and crafting mats from them.

Carnage is just for killing, and killing a LOT.

All I'd want is a separate log/UI for them, as having so many of them on the quest log is quite annoying.

Signed,
    'Did all Carnage in Kingdom of Pelladane'
    Maelode, Lv 22 male Eth Mage, Pyromancer(main)-Dominator(sec). Secondary role of pure Chloromancer(healer).
    Maelad, Lv 20 female Dwarf Rogue, Riftstalker-Bladedancer(even) solo. Alt role as pure tank Riftstalker. Just got Marksman, not set in.

would be awesome if they added a little pop up in your quest list so you get the option to decline it when you kill the first mob of a carnage quest, i think the carnage quests are great but my quest log hates them.

need an option to toggle off being offered carnage quests, imo.

For me it seems a bit like carnage is just another name for grinding mobs. At the beginning it seems like sideby activity, but later on there is more carnage grinding than questing, I was a bit sad about this fact.
    Maybe this needs some adjustment.

I think that the carnage system is good.

If they aren't already i would like those quest to be weekly
    It would als be very nice if they were in a separate quest tab

Need to know which carnage quests are set to a high amount of kills. Otherwise, nothing too much can be done.
    --bc
    HL3 CONFIRMED

There are 2 brackets of carnage quests, those that require 16 kills, and those that require 30 kills. The ones that require 16 kills are for single mobs that are somewhat spread out. The ones requiring 30 kills are for mobs that usually have less than half the hp of other set, and they travel in groups of 2-4. If you are soloing, the 30 mob quests can actually be completed much more quickly.

Of course, I'm making the assumption that you have a decent soloing spec that allows you to take on more than 1 mob at a time without dying...

i realy enjoy this idea of the carnage quests. to start a player wont have to be running forwards and backwards to a npc to get quest and deliver quest and sometimes go back to same spot to kill another type of mob. and would love to see this carnage quest system expanded to old content aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by allumo View Post
    i realy enjoy this idea of the carnage quests. to start a player wont have to be running forwards and backwards to a npc to get quest and deliver quest and sometimes go back to same spot to kill another type of mob. and would love to see this carnage quest system expanded to old content aswell.
    Yeah that is one thing I am really looking forward to with the carnage quests and the other little quests you find out in the zones. Cause it does get annoying running to some area then running all the way back to questhub then back out..and so on. I do think there needs to be an option to decline them automatically though and a seperate tab for them.

I have so far done all the carnage quests in Pelladine and City Core, all but one in Cape Jule and 47 of 52 in Serratos.

I find the carnage system lacking and a disappointment. The mobs are to and far between. The constant questlog popups I find to be annoying. The rewards from completing them are low. the main problem I see if the flow is not there. Far to much downtime between mobs. when I quested in Serratos I was mainly by myself with almost no players around and there were still to few mobs. I can only imagine how slownit would be with a zone full of players fighting over mobs. I think the system needs to be more constant. An unending supply of mobs, destruction and death. What we have now is not what I would call carnage but rather get a quest pop up kill a mob, look around a minute for another mob, get annoyed that I am spending so much downtime looking waiting for respawns and looking for mobs rather than going to my next destination.

I think the move away from the traditional quest hub while good for marketing is bad for gameplay. I would rather get 6 quests from a quest hub, constantly be achieving and completing, than what we have now with all the downtime. The quest hub approach works better than the alternative we see here. Although I should point out the quest hubs are better in Serratos and City Core than the first two zones .

I doubt it really matters much. A week after the xpac hits most of the playerbase will be 60 and the only thing will really matter is the quality of the endgame. This was the case with release and I am sure it will be the case with the xpac. If the leveling is a bit lackluster it will not matter if the experts and raids are well done. Judging form the quality of the 1st 3 normal dungeons the endgame is looking good. That being said I would love to see Carnage evolve into something with less downtime and an emphasis on destruction and massive killing. What we have now which is rather lackluster and disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinn View Post
    I have so far done all the carnage quests in Pelladine and City Core, all but one in Cape Jule and 47 of 52 in Serratos.

I find the carnage system lacking and a disappointment. The mobs are to and far between. The constant questlog popups I find to be annoying. The rewards from completing them are low. the main problem I see if the flow is not there. Far to much downtime between mobs. when I quested in Serratos I was mainly by myself with almost no players around and there were still to few mobs. I can only imagine how slownit would be with a zone full of players fighting over mobs. I think the system needs to be more constant. An unending supply of mobs, destruction and death. What we have now is not what I would call carnage but rather get a quest pop up kill a mob, look around a minute for another mob, get annoyed that I am spending so much downtime looking waiting for respawns and looking for mobs rather than going to my next destination.

I think the move away from the traditional quest hub while good for marketing is bad for gameplay. I would rather get 6 quests from a quest hub, constantly be achieving and completing, than what we have now with all the downtime. The quest hub approach works better than the alternative we see here. Although I should point out the quest hubs are better in Serratos and City Core than the first two zones .

I doubt it really matters much. A week after the xpac hits most of the playerbase will be 60 and the only thing will really matter is the quality of the endgame. This was the case with release and I am sure it will be the case with the xpac. If the leveling is a bit lackluster it will not matter if the experts and raids are well done. Judging form the quality of the 1st 3 normal dungeons the endgame is looking good. That being said I would love to see Carnage evolve into something with less downtime and an emphasis on destruction and massive killing. What we have now which is rather lackluster and disappointing.
    Well with the tagging changes fighting over mobs wonlt be a big problem. I do agree however in certain areas mob spawn is too thin and can make completing a carnage quest a pain. I think the rewards are fine as long as maybe mob density is looked at.

+ Reply to Thread