+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Carnage Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Zinn View Post
    I have so far done all the carnage quests in Pelladine and City Core, all but one in Cape Jule and 47 of 52 in Serratos.

I find the carnage system lacking and a disappointment. The mobs are to and far between. The constant questlog popups I find to be annoying. The rewards from completing them are low. the main problem I see if the flow is not there. Far to much downtime between mobs. when I quested in Serratos I was mainly by myself with almost no players around and there were still to few mobs. I can only imagine how slownit would be with a zone full of players fighting over mobs. I think the system needs to be more constant. An unending supply of mobs, destruction and death. What we have now is not what I would call carnage but rather get a quest pop up kill a mob, look around a minute for another mob, get annoyed that I am spending so much downtime looking waiting for respawns and looking for mobs rather than going to my next destination.

I think the move away from the traditional quest hub while good for marketing is bad for gameplay. I would rather get 6 quests from a quest hub, constantly be achieving and completing, than what we have now with all the downtime. The quest hub approach works better than the alternative we see here. Although I should point out the quest hubs are better in Serratos and City Core than the first two zones .

I doubt it really matters much. A week after the xpac hits most of the playerbase will be 60 and the only thing will really matter is the quality of the endgame. This was the case with release and I am sure it will be the case with the xpac. If the leveling is a bit lackluster it will not matter if the experts and raids are well done. Judging form the quality of the 1st 3 normal dungeons the endgame is looking good. That being said I would love to see Carnage evolve into something with less downtime and an emphasis on destruction and massive killing. What we have now which is rather lackluster and disappointing.

yea not sure where your having a issue with tagging mobs as you can hit a mob other people are on and get credit know so that alleviates that issue.. and i havent got to seratos yet but so far up to level 53 all the carnage quests my wife and i have came across all the mobs are fairly dense.. there have been a few that we had to wander around a little for but nothing major or something that would make me get all butt hurt over.. maybe in serratos its different /shrug My wife and I are LOVING the new carnage quests.. sucks balls having to run back n forth to a lame quest hub all the time it just plain outdated and stupid so glad there moving away from that some.. get the quests there is.. move out get more kill quests along the way of completing the others.. i see no issue with these at all

Quote Originally Posted by Calliso View Post
    Well with the tagging changes fighting over mobs wonlt be a big problem. I do agree however in certain areas mob spawn is too thin and can make completing a carnage quest a pain. I think the rewards are fine as long as maybe mob density is looked at.
    Sorry when I meant fighting over mobs I did not mean tagging. I meant that the more players there are the more spawns that get killed leaving less up and more waiting. In some areas the spawns are somewhat spread out. I know doing one kill Vaar quest I had to wait about 10-15 mins on respawns circling area along with 10 other people waiting on respawns. Mobs often die in 2-4 hits so tagging is not always possible.

I think the carnage quests are good and the currency rewarded can get you a nice upgrade pretty quickly. I like that they feel very optional and I like not having to click an item ("this item offers a quest") to start them off. I've had trouble finding the mobs again for one of them (feel pretty silly and frustrated) The Three Kingdoms at War in Cape Jule. Mob density could be increased everywhere in general, as long as i can still ride through areas without getting dismounted ;P The tagging changes are great though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinn View Post
    Sorry when I meant fighting over mobs I did not mean tagging. I meant that the more players there are the more spawns that get killed leaving less up and more waiting. In some areas the spawns are somewhat spread out. I know doing one kill Vaar quest I had to wait about 10-15 mins on respawns circling area along with 10 other people waiting on respawns. Mobs often die in 2-4 hits so tagging is not always possible.
    Ahh I see what you are saying now.

Quote Originally Posted by elladora View Post
    I think the carnage quests are good and the currency rewarded can get you a nice upgrade pretty quickly. I like that they feel very optional and I like not having to click an item ("this item offers a quest") to start them off. I've had trouble finding the mobs again for one of them (feel pretty silly and frustrated) The Three Kingdoms at War in Cape Jule. Mob density could be increased everywhere in general, as long as i can still ride through areas without getting dismounted ;P The tagging changes are great though.
    Yeah I definately think that mob density could be higher in some areas. But not too high I know in some areas on live the density is so high it just gets annoying..

They definitely need to have denser carnage areas with higher respawn rates. They take too long right now, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    They definitely need to have denser carnage areas with higher respawn rates. They take too long right now, in my opinion.
    If they take too long then you aren't killing them fast enough! lol

I love every aspect of carnage quests, the only thing I request is for Trion to separate carnage quests from regular quests. Give Carnage its own limit like you did for daily quests when EI came out. 25 daily quests limit, 25 Carnage quests limit, and 50 regular quests limit....

Oh yeah...and double (at least) the quest item storage in the quest log, k thx.
    Some people never go crazy...What truly horrible lives they must lead

Quote Originally Posted by Dysturbed View Post
    If they take too long then you aren't killing them fast enough! lol

I love every aspect of carnage quests, the only thing I request is for Trion to separate carnage quests from regular quests. Give Carnage its own limit like you did for daily quests when EI came out. 25 daily quests limit, 25 Carnage quests limit, and 50 regular quests limit....

Oh yeah...and double (at least) the quest item storage in the quest log, k thx.
    Yea I gotta agree here, I actually started a few storyline quests the other day and I couldn't accept three quests at a time because my entire questlog was full of carnage quests, sure I can drop them but everytime a random carnage mob wanders into my aoe storm I get a new quest.

Otherwise, loving carnage quests, just need a separate quest log/tab for them.

Guys.

Don't just focus on Carnage Quests.

That's not the point.

It just gets boring then.

Other than the UI issue where it fills up your quest log, you really shouldn't be focusing on doing Carnage quests ASAP.

Why?

Because you do the following while killing mobs:
    1)Story Quests
    2)Pick Up Quests
    3)Harvesting Mats
    4)Instant Adventure (especially this one)

You'll finish Carnage Quests automatically this way. Complaining about mob spawn is silly here.
    Maelode, Lv 22 male Eth Mage, Pyromancer(main)-Dominator(sec). Secondary role of pure Chloromancer(healer).
    Maelad, Lv 20 female Dwarf Rogue, Riftstalker-Bladedancer(even) solo. Alt role as pure tank Riftstalker. Just got Marksman, not set in.

the carnages are blocking my questbook ..... please expand it or dont count the carnages as in the 25 quest limit ....

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    I'm just very glad that there's no more mob tagging now . Just help out each other with mobs and you GET CARNAGE CREDIT!
    Yes, very happy on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    +1

Some places there is really way to little spawns. Some places are good thought, but it needs to be overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodcat View Post
    the carnages are blocking my questbook ..... please expand it or dont count the carnages as in the 25 quest limit ....
    yes yes yes... this is what i came here to say.. please sort it out trion!! having to delete quests every half hour cos its full again is annoying!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkamenitas View Post
    nope. i came across one or two with 30 kills XD, nothing special reward wise
    if the rewards where better, i really wouldn't mind grinding out 30 mobs. i think it would be cool to have 'elite' carnage quests requiring, a group of people to help you do, with better rewards that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodcat View Post
    I'd like to see Carnage have a separate tab on the quest log and their own counter. I also agree some of the areas should have a denser population of mobs. Some were fine, but others felt pretty empty.

Red face Carnage Idea

http://beta.forums.riftgame.com/show...188&highlight=

I came up with a carnage quest idea, please give me some feedback, would like to know peoples thoughts on it. I would love to do this with friends in game .

+ Reply to Thread