+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unhallowed Boneforge

Unhallowed Boneforge

Took a few guildies from our beta only guild in here.
    First few bosses seemed pretty bugfree with the exception of the third guy, when his stampedes come at you they don't do any damage if you stand in your path, presumably a bug since it looks intended that you would have to dodge them.
    We managed to clear up to the fourth boss (Who can be completely bypassed by the way, you can get around him to the last boss without him aggroing). He seemed a bit hard and we were all gettin' pretty tired so we just skipped him and went straight for the necrotic throne. Pretty sure this fight is unfinished, or incredibly confusing (though the monologue from him was sick). The Necrotic Throne didn't even have a placeholder sprite, plus it seems like the green circles that move around after you engage for the first time seem to move across the whole room even though they do turn invisible when they hit the .... of the lockout barrier.

Unsure whether this guy needs constant LoSing or kiting or what but he was just instakilling everyone, including the tank. Seems likely some kind of LoS mechanics will be there because of all the pillars in the room.

Either way, looking forward to giving this a proper test next beta if it's all ready by then!

Whyfish. LOL, what timing, I just posted this. We were in the same group.

Lightbulb

Our group had a problem with the first boss in this dungeon because it was very unfriendly to melee and we couldn't figure out a way to not die or get more healing. In the end it was completed by three, then two people, the tank and the healer, so perhaps it was just mechanics we didn't understand properly.

We managed to get the other bosses down fine (all dps changed to ranged).

I would say that the mechanic of the blue aoe on the ground for the last couple of bosses could do with being made a little clearer where it stops. Several of us died because the animation didn't look to cover where it ended, and we misjudged where to stand (and therefore died) as a result.

The last boss was interesting, however there are two things that stood out.
    1. The adds were hitting the tank for 15k health or something. We ended up just having to ignore the adds and just dps the boss because we couldn't stop the massive damage coming from the adds, or kill them in time to avoid it. On the add I was watching, there was no casttime for the blow (I think it was pulverising blow or something like that) that kept killing the tank, so there was no way to know when to try and stun the add. We got the boss down by only focusing on one side of the throne, not the adds, but I don't really think that this tactic (or rather lack of tactic) was what was intended.
    2. There needs to be something more obvious to show where the throne agro is. We had a huge faff of trying to get everyone to the throne area as one, (running down the hall in perfect formation is difficult when everyone has different run-speeds and concentration at 5am). If there was some manner of visible area that could be seen, then people could move to stand near the 'entrance' to the throne and all get in much smoother than having to coordinate as we did last night. Also means that it wouldn't be as easy to agro the throne without meaning to.

I am pretty sure there was probably more that I could feedback, but my memory fails me.

I think the adds towards the end of the throne fight are meant to start a dps race on the boss, they take too long to down compared to how much hp is left on the boss.

First Boss: not sure if the tank has any control over this but the boss would make a cluster of aoe's in a corner then pull someone into it. with too much distance to get free without being killed. Seams cheap.

+ Reply to Thread