+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gathering Nodes for SL a bit high

Gathering Nodes for SL a bit high

So, I'd like to suggest to bring SL Nodes down to about 250. This will ensure that new player don't have to grind a lot of old high level mats before they can enter SL (I need to do this now on my Mage ... but I got a month).

Ye. That's pretty much all.

The nodes in the storm legion area are for Grandmaster craft leveling. It's 300+, so 295 is perfectly legitimate point for the nodes in Dusken and Brevane.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuts4Sushi View Post
    The nodes in the storm legion area are for Grandmaster craft leveling. It's 300+, so 295 is perfectly legitimate point for the nodes in Dusken and Brevane.
    In that case the crafting mats in the old world better get less rare. Because right now it's very annoying to get gathering to 300 without constantly running Abyssal and such. And I imagine a new or returning player doesn't want to spend a few days just leveling the gathering skill with dungeons / running around zones all day before they can go and efficiently do Storm Legion Content without hurting their ability to level crafting. That's the downside of having content getting outdated, you need to make sure new players can reach the new end content without much of a bother.

It's simply a way to make the transition more fluid. Especially since most Crafting Items that are made with those Mats aren't even needed to reach 300.

While we are at it, it's probably also sensible to lower the exp reguired for 45-50 a bit. Takes quite a long while.

ok so your saying.. Because you didnt manage to cap your gathering on the existing content . Trion should give you access to the new content harvesting even though your character hasnt done the work to get there?Why stop at 250? Why not lower the requirements to 100? How about 1? That way people who didnt bother to do any work at all can harvest there also?

I completely disagree. It's very easy to farm foraging and mining in Ember Isle. Before EI, I might agree that it was frustrating trying to get a large quantity of the mats but now it's far too easy.

I think they did it just right with nodes in Storm Legion. They're ALL over the place in every zone. So much that I hit 375 in foraging and mining the first day of the beta two weeks ago.

So, utilize what you have in the current game. We didn't need an expansion last year to level everything to 300 so you sure don't need it now.
    Riftnerd.com / Cleric of <Exposure>

Quote Originally Posted by Longbow View Post
    ok so your saying.. Because you didnt manage to cap your gathering on the existing content . Trion should give you access to the new content harvesting even though your character hasnt done the work to get there?Why stop at 250? Why not lower the requirements to 100? How about 1? That way people who didnt bother to do any work at all can harvest there also?
    Congratulations, you have just proven that you are a complete and utter moron with a reading disability. I was talking about new players/returning player who play RIFT AFTER SL IS OUT, I personally got plenty of time to finish up my gathering, so that never was part of my concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcakes View Post
    I completely disagree. It's very easy to farm foraging and mining in Ember Isle. Before EI, I might agree that it was frustrating trying to get a large quantity of the mats but now it's far too easy.

I think they did it just right with nodes in Storm Legion. They're ALL over the place in every zone. So much that I hit 375 in foraging and mining the first day of the beta two weeks ago.

So, utilize what you have in the current game. We didn't need an expansion last year to level everything to 300 so you sure don't need it now.
    Last I checked the EI Quest was still restricted to 50, right? That means you once again would need to farm just to raise your Gathering to 300, while there is no longer any real benefit to doing so, since it's 90% of the Mats are used for epics that are worse than your regular green items from the first two zones of SL. If that isn't the case, it would actually be fine, I agree.

My main concern here really isn't me or my gathering. My concern is that new people (or even new characters for those who don't have all 4 on 50) get a fluid and streamlined experience so that they can quickly enjoy the far better SL content with others. Part of that concern for me is also that it takes a ******* long time to make ~45-50 without leeching IA, because there is no Dungeon for that level range to quickly get EXP. And Questing doesn't give nearly enough right now.

I'm pretty sure aside from some people going back to clear old Raids they couldn't clear at 50, there isn't gonna be much people going around the old zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    Last I checked the EI Quest was still restricted to 50, right? That means you once again would need to farm just to raise your Gathering to 300, while there is no longer any real benefit to doing so, since it's 90% of the Mats are used for epics that are worse than your regular green items from the first two zones of SL. If that isn't the case, it would actually be fine, I agree.

My main concern here really isn't me or my gathering. My concern is that new people (or even new characters for those who don't have all 4 on 50) get a fluid and streamlined experience so that they can quickly enjoy the far better SL content with others. Part of that concern for me is also that it takes a ******* long time to make ~45-50 without leeching IA, because there is no Dungeon for that level range to quickly get EXP. And Questing doesn't give nearly enough right now.

I'm pretty sure aside from some people going back to clear old Raids they couldn't clear at 50, there isn't gonna be much people going around the old zones.
    EI Quest? I'm not talking about questing but EI is available at level 48. So not sure why you're bringing up questing OR XP/leveling issues when your main complaint was about gathering nodes.

What do you think Storm Legion is? It's restricted content to a specific level as well. So if you can access Storm Legion then you would have already had access to EI for a bit to finish leveling up a very easy profession.

You're not going to be going to Storm Legion as a level 40 expecting to farm nodes and survive.
    Riftnerd.com / Cleric of <Exposure>

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcakes View Post
    EI Quest? I'm not talking about questing but EI is available at level 48. So not sure why you're bringing up questing OR XP/leveling issues when your main complaint was about gathering nodes.

What do you think Storm Legion is? It's restricted content to a specific level as well. So if you can access Storm Legion then you would have already had access to EI for a bit to finish leveling up a very easy profession.

You're not going to be going to Storm Legion as a level 40 expecting to farm nodes and survive.
    The level was in relation to the Quest you need to use the EI Portal. If it's 48, that's okay, I guess, I was under the impression it's locked to 50s.

That means you once again would need to farm just to raise your Gathering to 300, while there is no longer any real benefit to doing so..
    Congratulations - you have just learned that crafting is both a time and money sink.

Working as intended.

With that said, believe me, I sympathize - it took me many runs through AP to farm enough mobs to get my butchering to 300 (since EI mobs were far too difficult for me in my gear at the time).

However, that is how crafting works. You need to work for it.

The level was in relation to the Quest you need to use the EI Portal. If it's 48, that's okay, I guess, I was under the impression it's locked to 50s.
    Last I checked you don't need a quest to go to EI, you just have to use the teleport crystal outside Meridian. Not only that but he is 100% correct that there are a ton of nodes on EI to max your professions. If you are 250 in a profession it shouldn't take more than an hour or 2 to get to 300 which is more than acceptable.

I do not agree that nodes in SL should be reduced in required level as they are meant for grandmaster gathering. If you don't want to put the small amount of effort in required to get to 295 then you're just being lazy in my opinion. Prior to EI becoming available this would have made sense given the rarity of top tier nodes but there are more than enough of these in EI to make it a simple enough task already.

What's missing....

What seems to be missing from this content in aspect to even EI and AP is the fact that the nodes in IPP and Stillmore both teach to the same level and have mobs that teach to the same level as well. Yes it takes a bit more work in having to wait for a respawn of a node sometimes, but they are still there. There is no need for dungeon farming what so ever. This goes for foraging, mining, and butchering so really no excuse. I had max with out every farming dungeons well before EI ever was released.

There are spots in Shimmer, Stillmoor and IPP where you can gather mats needed up to 300. You can kill mobs in those areas as well to up your gathering.

To go to EI you don't need to do a quest, just queue for IA and leave without porting back to your old location. On EI there are 2 spots where you can easily farm mats by killing mobs. Around Farhall port for mining and west of Ember Watch for foraging.

+ Reply to Thread