+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Immersion in SL is incredible

Immersion in SL is incredible

I gotta say, the level of immersion I'm feeling right now is unrivaled in any game i've ever played in the past.

The music, the scope of the zones, is just above and beyond what I ever expected.

I'm running through as many zones as I can to get a taste of the music (which has vastly improved since vanilla) and the vibe of the zones.

I reccommend all of you to suggest RIFT to your friends. Word of mouth can be a powerful thing.

I have one minor gripe, in that the UI for the soul tree keeps shoving the recommended builds in my face when I have reset my points. I'd like it to remember that I clicked the soul tree first, instead of constantly bringing me to the Suggested builds page.

i agree on all counts including the gripe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    I have one minor gripe, in that the UI for the soul tree keeps shoving the recommended builds in my face when I have reset my points. I'd like it to remember that I clicked the soul tree first, instead of constantly bringing me to the Suggested builds page.
    +1000 for this, I wish it had a go away and don't come back check box

also agree on the immersion, running around Seratos the music and the feel of the zone OMG and teh Necropolis OMFG how much awesome

at one point I was just cruising around seratos, still at level 50 thinking the zone is a bit empty and wow it is easy to move around, went round a corner smacked straight into a level 53 elite I hadn't noticed and just about had to peel myself of the ceiling

The zone ambience and the music does a fantastic job of dragging you in to the game

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    +1000 for this, I wish it had a go away and don't come back check box

also agree on the immersion, running around Seratos the music and the feel of the zone OMG and teh Necropolis OMFG how much awesome

at one point I was just cruising around seratos, still at level 50 thinking the zone is a bit empty and wow it is easy to move around, went round a corner smacked straight into a level 53 elite I hadn't noticed and just about had to peel myself of the ceiling

The zone ambience and the music does a fantastic job of dragging you in to the game
    Haha I did that too! I felt Seratos was soooo empty (especially moving at 120% speed instead of the eventual 200% upgrade), but that's only when I was wandering around it. When I actually started questing there, I noticed all the little areas with tons of mobs and a fantastic spooky atmosphere and great fights to be had. Heck, even TACTICAL open world fights to make sure I could survive against mobs with 30,000+ HP -_-

I've only been in:
    -a little of Cape Jule
    -all of Kingdom of Pelledane (did all story and carnage quests)
    -the first few bits of Seratos (just started to be introduced to Caretaker storyline)

and I'm starting to get blown away. Seratos is especially great, but even KoP has grown on me in a way (please reduce the lightning/thunder a bit though!), with its large battles/onslaughts and bases for the Storm Legion.

And the music is MUCH better. THANK YOU TRION.

I thought the soundtrack only went up by a 0.5/10 but its clearly now at least a 8.0/10.0 in my rating scale
    Maelode, Lv 22 male Eth Mage, Pyromancer(main)-Dominator(sec). Secondary role of pure Chloromancer(healer).
    Maelad, Lv 20 female Dwarf Rogue, Riftstalker-Bladedancer(even) solo. Alt role as pure tank Riftstalker. Just got Marksman, not set in.

I agree with you Ahov. The way the quest unfold, art design, music, the armor sets, IA quest, everything really. Is vastly improved over vanilla, and I loved vanilla. After playing up to level 53 I dont ever want to go back to the Live client.

The part about word of mouth is very true. I have been posting (non troll) post on sites like Massively, Rock Paper Shotgun and a few others, about how amazing Rift is. It is a really underappricated game for the most part. Trion is doing things most mmo players on wish companies like Blizz for example would. Things like listening to there player base/feedback.

Keep up the amazing work Trion. I can not wait to see what the next year holds.

them recommanded builds need to be updated monthly, nobody is gonna use any of those build at this point.
    <Spectral Oilypics>

I agree, this xpac is just crazy good esp on the look and feel of the zone. At times I remember thinking to myself that I feel lost in just 1 zone.

Vally of Bones was just epic btw

Looks like Trion also is sympathetic to our want for those "cool looking" weapons for wardrobe as I have found MANY new art designs that look great and are of the lvl where we can use them.

I have explored most of all the zones that we where allowed access to, I spent 4 hrs in Seratos alone.

Congrats to Trions team of hard workers, this one is a grand slam

Quote Originally Posted by Nerva View Post
    I agree with you Ahov. The way the quest unfold, art design, music, the armor sets, IA quest, everything really. Is vastly improved over vanilla, and I loved vanilla. After playing up to level 53 I dont ever want to go back to the Live client.

The part about word of mouth is very true. I have been posting (non troll) post on sites like Massively, Rock Paper Shotgun and a few others, about how amazing Rift is. It is a really underappricated game for the most part. Trion is doing things most mmo players on wish companies like Blizz for example would. Things like listening to there player base/feedback.

Keep up the amazing work Trion. I can not wait to see what the next year holds.
    Please note this pretender is not the real Ahov.
    <Vendetta>

there is just one tiny problem: A lot of new players will not reach the new areas in the current setup as the 1-50 game is still a giant bore, regardless of how well crafted the expansion is.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyvian View Post
    there is just one tiny problem: A lot of new players will not reach the new areas in the current setup as the 1-50 game is still a giant bore, regardless of how well crafted the expansion is.
    Eh I donlt think 1-50 is that bad..and its not like it takes that long to lvl anyway. Thats not to say they shouldn;t do more to spruce up that leveling experience.

Anyway..yeah I agree with the OP hehe. The zones, the music are just great. Seratos is absolutely amazing, and I can;t wait to see the zones we are still locked out of! Also yeah I do wish there was someway to stop that one page from popping up everytime I reset my souls lol.

Atmosphere is truly amazing, yes.

I went around killing Storm Legion when there was some kind of public speech to them. It ended with "For the Storm Queen!" and very loud answer from multiple soldier with "Hail Crucia!" - was damn impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    Atmosphere is truly amazing, yes.

I went around killing Storm Legion when there was some kind of public speech to them. It ended with "For the Storm Queen!" and very loud answer from multiple soldier with "Hail Crucia!" - was damn impressive.
    Yep, Kingdom of Pelladane could have been just another 'full of generic cultists' zone (hello Scarwood, Scarlet Gorge, Freemarch), but the zone puts personality into the whole fight against the Legion, with voice acting, NPC battles, Onslaughts, and the main story.

IMO the next Dusken zone is much better though. More 'calm', but so much better in immersion itself, as its not just another 'ruined kingdom' that we see so much of in Mathosia anyway..
    Seratos is at least a real hotbed of true Death power. Like River of Souls spilled over for the first real time in an open world zone.
    Maelode, Lv 22 male Eth Mage, Pyromancer(main)-Dominator(sec). Secondary role of pure Chloromancer(healer).
    Maelad, Lv 20 female Dwarf Rogue, Riftstalker-Bladedancer(even) solo. Alt role as pure tank Riftstalker. Just got Marksman, not set in.

Lv 1-20 = a couple days
    Lv 20-30 = a couple more days
    Lv 30-40 = several days
    Lv 40-50 = one or two weeks

Most people get to Lv 50 within a month, and others (like myself) take 2 months, and those who go super slowly (aka barely play the game anyway) take 3 months.

That's not much at all.

i aint talking about how long it takes to 50 (i did it ina day so no biggy there). i am talking about how incredibly boring it is, which is huge difference.

i aint talking about how long it takes to 50 (i did it ina day so no biggy there). i am talking about how incredibly boring it is, which is huge difference.
    You're not getting an instant Lv 50.

you honestly can not read properly can you? lets try to simplify this for you:

- Player no like game start, player no play game, k?

We can only hope that this rings true...

Ok, bye.
    /10char

+ Reply to Thread