+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Riftblade Finishers

Riftblade Finishers

Fiery Burst and Icy Burst/scald are making finishers in other warrior dps trees irrelevant, and you get the combo by going 13 into RB. There is literally no reason to use your combo points on any other finishers in single target. If this is intended, then its simply bad design, and it will pigeonhole ALL dps warriors into 13-15 RB subsouls

I agree, the other finishers in the rest of the DPS trees need to be spiced up to equal the RB finishers. Homogeneity is boring.
    Lemming@Greybriar

51/15 uses 2 RB finishers and 1 Paragon finisher, how is this bad? Not to mention the majority of the rotation and thus, the majority of the dmg is coming from Paragon. 25% or so of my dps comes from Rising Waterfall with WoTW and Icy Burst being a close 2nd at about 15% or so. You're focusing in on a few skills that aren't even making up for the majority of your overall dps.

51/15 uses sli and fb/ib, which makes reaping harvest worthless/redundant. the same arguement can be made for every tempest finisher, as well as st finishers in every other soul. subslotting 13 points in RB makes so many other finishers completely useless, that imo is bad design.

How many souls do you have?

What game is this?

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellcross View Post
    How many souls do you have?

What game is this?

That is all.
    How many sentences was that? (3)

Which ones were helpful? (none)

That was a waste of a post.
    Lemming@Greybriar

Keep in mind though Redius that at 60 Shifting Blades is being added to the mix so you'll have 2 Paragon finishers and 2 RB finishers. I hear you that putting stuff low into the tree pingeon holes but it's no different than putting a must have buff high into a tree, both methods essentially pingeon hole people from a
    min/max perspective. In my opinion RB and WL are intended to sync with the other classes well, and that's why you get so much low in the trees.

The "current" top 60 Melee And Ranged build does not use a single point in Riftblade. it is a good filler soul when u only have 15 points to spare for sure, anything else than that it is not that great.

Currently Warrior has 4 DPS soul, 1 hybrid tank/dps soul.

that means if u spec in to anything, u have only 3 other souls to choose from to synergize with, Given the specialization of Para, Champ, Temp, that means if u spec in to any of this 3, it is unlikely for it to synergize well with the other ones, that means it is only natural we all have 12-15 pts in RB.

sure RB finishers are strong, however it is not the only reason.
    <Spectral Oilypics>

Quote Originally Posted by Redius View Post

Someone's mad and confused. Here let me explain it for you.

You have THREE souls, make use of it. This is RIFT, you play with your soul combinations, if you want to play a 51:0:0, you are free to do so.

It's not bad design, it gives you the flexibility to choose what you want to do. If all finishers were to be on par with each other there'd be no point "putting points" into other trees besides getting passive abilities. That is bad design. You have the freedom to choose your play style. If you don't like 13-15 into Riftblade, which in "some" cases maximizes the current ST DPS just because Fiery Burst is a good "DOT" to combo with the Beastmaster crystal and Icy Burst go well in combination with a Talent Ability called "Scald", then I would implore you to try something else. Don't play something you don't enjoy as I always say.

As Irunaii says, the majority of your damage comes from your "main soul". Here is a breakdown...

~90% Champion DPS comes from Champion skills.
    ~90% of Beastmaster DPS comes from Beastmaster skills.
    ~80% of Paragon DPS comes from Paragon skills.
    ~85% of Tempest DPS comes from Tempest skills.

Self explainatory?

Pretty much what Sharogy said.

Paragon - Single Target
    Champion - AOE
    Tempest - Range

Would you spec Tempest into Paragon? Unlikely, you can if you want versatility and try out some buffs to see if those buffs actually make a difference.

Would you spec Champion into Paragon? Again, you can but as Champion really is an AOE spec, the chances are you will be testing with passives that the talent tree provides.

The same thing will pretty much apply for the other two souls. That's why Riftblade is the go between, because it has the flexibility to synergize with the three main DPS souls, as well as be a completely separate DPS soul itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Redius View Post

http://beta.forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?t=6077

Here's your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellcross View Post
    Pretty much what Sharogy said.

Paragon - Single Target
    Champion - AOE
    Tempest - Range
    I will never play my warrior again if I am forced into Paragon. SLI can go rot in hell. Stupidest buff ever made in a mmo ever and shockingly pointless. . It should be permanent.

The concept that a buff that last for 12 seconds on a 12 second cool down is plain stupid. If the idea is it is there to use up a global cooldown, then that is just silly.

51RB on live right now is great. It gives us AoE and ST in a single build. Why Atrius feels the need to separate this and remove utility from warriors when every other class can do this I simply do not understand?

No matter what he attempts to do we will do the opposite. There is no arguing that champion on live right now is garbage and is not being used for "aoe".

Get back to designing this class to have multiple builds that can handle ST and AoE. This idea of having to switch between a ST...to AoE for trash packs is unbelievable on how this was allowed to go live.

let the thread die. i made this post based on numbers i saw in 1.11. Bursts are already kinda nerfed on beta anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
    let the thread die. i made this post based on numbers i saw in 1.11. Bursts are already kinda nerfed on beta anyways
    I am getting tired of them gutting viable builds because people cry about it. RB is actually kind of fun too play. Riftwalk is a bit OP on live right now, but that does not justify killing it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I am getting tired of them gutting viable builds because people cry about it. RB is actually kind of fun too play. Riftwalk is a bit OP on live right now, but that does not justify killing it completely.
    Does it make sense for a closer to be your most damaging ability?

People have to understand that nerfing overpowered ability is the only way to get balanced souls.

Arf overpowered isn't the word i am looking for. What i mean are ability that aren't use in a normal way and only work in specific situation. just as riftwalk was.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayeran View Post
    People have to understand that nerfing overpowered ability is the only way to get balanced souls.

Arf overpowered isn't the word i am looking for. What i mean are ability that aren't use in a normal way and only work in specific situation. just as riftwalk was.
    I find it stupid that to do AOE I have to switch specs. I find it even worse that to do single target damage I have to switch specs. I find it stupid that Clerics, Rogues, and Mages have viable versions of ST/AoE in one spec or multiple specs.

I am unsure of the motivation to completely remove the utility from the warrior souls and pigeon hole us into specific builds. I find it silly that shield and board is the top ST build at 60. On the scale of making no sense that one is up there.

This class does not seem to have any direction when it comes to dps.

i agree that right now you have st or aoe and can't have both.
    Maybe at 60 we will have enought point to have a good combo that wont be higher st or higher aoe but will be good for trashash or aoe phase. At least i hope so. If other calling have this option i think we could have it too. I don't have detailed info about other calling so i can't say that they can / can't do so.

I agree that the removing of utility is a bit sad. I can understand that they don't want all warrior spec to have iterrupt for example as doing so put us in the same situation as other calling that have to take specific build for utility. However i don't get why interrupt is the only utility we have. I think that tempest would have been a good place to put a purge/silence.
    As they removed DR from pvp i can understand that they reduce the amount of utility but i think it's a bit to much.

As i say before i think that the hughe dps of warlod is a consequence of changes that have been made to balance dps at lvl 50. I agree that it's not a good thing to have a sword and board spec at first dps and i am quite sure that dev think the same. In my opinion it wont go live.
    I don't know at all how many dps the other calling does with lvl 60 dungeon relic but 16k seem quite hight

Fiery Burst and Icy Burst/scald are making finishers in other warrior dps trees irrelevant, and you get the combo by going 13 into RB. There is literally no reason to use your combo points on any other finishers in single target. If this is intended, then its simply bad design, and it will pigeonhole ALL dps warriors into 13-15 RB subsouls
    They just need to increase the damage of the other finishers but it is also good to have some reason to mix souls.

It's stuff like this that gets things that shouldn't be messed with nerfed. I honestly don't care if you don't like using RB finishers, no one is making you.

+ Reply to Thread