+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Previewing house items / Dimensions

Previewing house items / Dimensions

It would be great to be able to preview the items before purchasing. And also the dimensions. What if you buy one for 300p and then realize it wasn't what you expected? Previewing the items might be easier to do though, with the ctrl click. Not sure how it would work with dimensions. Unless in main cities having a portal to "view" them.

Just something to think about and hopefully add in the near future.

I would love this option as well. It would be nice to see what you are investing so much plat into before you do so. I spent much of my time so far this beta just trying to see what items I would want when this all goes live.

I would also like an inspect option so if I see an item in someone's dimension I like I know which item to get for my own.

But you can already preview dimensions. The name and description tell you the location. Head to that location in the world and see if it's something you would want as a dimension.
    I agree with the previewing dimension objects, but at least they can be sold back if you don't like how it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarius View Post
    But you can already preview dimensions. The name and description tell you the location. Head to that location in the world and see if it's something you would want as a dimension.
    I agree with the previewing dimension objects, but at least they can be sold back if you don't like how it looks.
    But they are sold back at a loss. If the selling back price was the same as purchase price then yes that would be fine.

You can still preview dimensions from anywhere in game. open the dimension tab and then go into one that someone has already bought. you can run around in it and preview the dimension risk free.

As for item preview, most of the icons for the items give a good idea of what the item looks like. But Trion could open up a preview dimension. where they place everything that is currently available in it by type. Put all the plants , trees rocks in one area. and furniture etc in other spots. Then they make it public and you can walk in and browse at your leisure.

I was wish for the same thing this weekend when exploring different items to place into my house.

I would love to see the ctrl-click preview option.

Honestly I would like to see this expanded for all objects... i.e. pets, mounts, illusions, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Darvocet View Post
    You can still preview dimensions from anywhere in game. open the dimension tab and then go into one that someone has already bought. you can run around in it and preview the dimension risk free.
    This assumes someone has that dimension and it is set to public. What if there is a cool one that comes from a hard rep grind? The chances of someone having it soon after the content is released and having it set to public is pretty slim. Much nicer if there was an NPC that sent you to empty versions of all the dimensions that are available.
    Atropis <Black Snow> Faeblight
    11/11 4/4 5/8

Here's something I threw together in case you need to see what some things look like. I'm sure I'm missing things.

Rift Dimension Decoration Pictures

I'm hoping they do put in a preview not only for items, but also for crafted items before you make them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyroluna View Post
    Here's something I threw together in case you need to see what some things look like. I'm sure I'm missing things.

I'm hoping they do put in a preview not only for items, but also for crafted items before you make them.
    WoW that is awsome. THANK YOU for whoever took the time to do that. very nice work.

This is something I've wanted not just for dimensions but for regular ingame items as well. However being in beta itself has given me the chance to preview some things, and it should allow people to create wiki articles for the release of the expansion so other players can look it up before they buy. What I would like to see ingame are some better descriptions, on most dimension items they were not helpful or just nonexistant.

/seconded.

DEF should be able to preview items before you buy them.
    [MAIN] Danitsia,
    52 Mathosian Mage
    Favorite Specs:
    51 Chloromancer
    51 Pyromancer
    51 Archon

GM of The Last Prophecy (Greybriar)
    www.tlp-guild.com

Very nice work. Thank you

One item I'd love to know about if anyone can remember what it is...the large purple incandescent leaf shaped item...have seen some people using them as steps and in the gorgeous house "Eye Candy", as the back of a sofa.
    Rosy - 50 Cleric
    Wisteria - 50 Mage
    Liziana - 50 Cleric
    Jazzi - 48 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Darvocet View Post

As for item preview, most of the icons for the items give a good idea of what the item looks like. But Trion could open up a preview dimension. where they place everything that is currently available in it by type. Put all the plants , trees rocks in one area. and furniture etc in other spots. Then they make it public and you can walk in and browse at your leisure.
    Like a little window shopping day! I like it

YOU are a god! I have bookmarked this and will put it on my guild website - thank you and keep adding to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Danitsia View Post
    /seconded.

DEF should be able to preview items before you buy them.
    you can preview dimension items the same way you preview gear

Question for your page - Strozza, Central Necropolis, Breach Chamber, Plaza Aurentine - These are ones I did not see in the public dimensions. Are they guild chambers?

Those are the new dimensions added, you can buy them from the Dimension Engineer in Tempest Bay

+ Reply to Thread