+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Harbinger DPS guide needed (Beta 2).

Harbinger DPS guide needed (Beta 2).

Hi.

I have tested different soul combination where main soul is Harbinger, I barely get 3k DPS, my range builds do 3.7k - 4k DPS. Clearly, I'm doing something wrong. We don't have soul crystal yet, I don't think so it still add like 1k more DPS. So, can someone enlighten me what I'm missing.

Thanks.

i lvel with chlorobinger, never go below 90% health and do around 3-4k dps in lame gear.

Quote Originally Posted by nykolass View Post
    i lvel with chlorobinger, never go below 90% health and do around 3-4k dps in lame gear.
    will you please post Ur build and screen dummy parser & ability break down. Posting "I'm running naked and still do 4k DPS + immortal" is kinda silly.

Try 40+ SC / 22+ HB / 8- Ele. Great AE, very respectable single-target. You will need mana pots though

Quote Originally Posted by Breward View Post
    will you please post Ur build and screen dummy parser & ability break down. Posting "I'm running naked and still do 4k DPS + immortal" is kinda silly.
    i cant log in at the moment but i will see if a can later. cannot remember my build what so ever

to be honest i run round with 1 macro that uses like 4 of my abilities, and use the sword because it does more damage for some reason, also you need to keep your instant cast procs up, because it counts allot towards your damage. great for group support i do around 400-600 hps in a 20 group too.

Quote Originally Posted by nykolass View Post
    to be honest i run round with 1 macro that uses like 4 of my abilities, and use the sword because it does more damage for some reason, also you need to keep your instant cast procs up, because it counts allot towards your damage. great for group support i do around 400-600 hps in a 20 group too.
    Nice to hear that you have enjoyed Harbinger, I'm still looking those Harbinger builds witch are competitive comparing to other range souls or little ahead because Harbinger is basically melee soul.

What level are you?

I currently use a 51harb rest chloro build.Solo spec,was doing 3.4 or so in an expert.
    Make a macro,with vorpal splash,that other attack that got a CD and the non cd skill at the bottom.
    Have the skill you get with 51 harb,the 3 second channeling one at your bar and use on cooldown.
    Use vile spores when you get a proc.
    That's about it for soloing/question.
    To parse,add the skill that increases damage done from slashing attacks and keep it up and use the charge consumer you get from the harbinger tree,that increased damage done for slashing ability and consumes 5 charges each time you use a slashing ability.Have it 100% uptime by using vile spores with proc to get your charge back up.
    For proper dps you need to switch chloro with elementalist (to get the thunder strike) and use that instead of vile spores (lot more damage).
    Not in the beta now and don't remember the skill names,so sorry if this is a bit confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by TehBlondie View Post
    I currently use a 51harb rest chloro build.Solo spec,was doing 3.4 or so in an expert.
    Make a macro,with vorpal splash,that other attack that got a CD and the non cd skill at the bottom.
    Have the skill you get with 51 harb,the 3 second channeling one at your bar and use on cooldown.
    Use vile spores when you get a proc.
    That's about it for soloing/question.
    To parse,add the skill that increases damage done from slashing attacks and keep it up and use the charge consumer you get from the harbinger tree,that increased damage done for slashing ability and consumes 5 charges each time you use a slashing ability.Have it 100% uptime by using vile spores with proc to get your charge back up.
    For proper dps you need to switch chloro with elementalist (to get the thunder strike) and use that instead of vile spores (lot more damage).
    Not in the beta now and don't remember the skill names,so sorry if this is a bit confusing.
    "was doing 3.4 or so in an expert"

And how much u parse to dummy self buffed?

Views: 304 and no one can provide Harbinger DPS build which do more DPS than Mage range souls ? Trion have also admitted that melee DPS need be greater than range DPS.. so wtf??

Views: 304 and no one can provide Harbinger DPS build which do more DPS than Mage range souls ? Trion have also admitted that melee DPS need be greater than range DPS.. so wtf??
    pretty sure harbinger is top mage st dps atm.
    <Spectral Oilypics>

Quote Originally Posted by Sharog View Post
    OK just proof it and I will be grateful

Quote Originally Posted by Sharog View Post
    OK just proof it and I will be grateful
    Hmm problems?

Hmm problems?
    Wow.. u demand alot...

Thumbs down

Sad to see new Harbinger soul is only worth 5 points (SP boost) for PvE raiding, damage is simply too low for DPS purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Akashar View Post
    Try 40+ SC / 22+ HB / 8- Ele. Great AE, very respectable single-target. You will need mana pots though
    this guy is on the right track. harb air damage & instant casts, SC +air damage buffs, Ele's long casting air damage spell Lightning Strike. put it together for high DPS.

Thanks drabk. Though, I think 37SC/37HB/2 Ele might perform better. Hopefully, the next beta will be up to L60 so that we can test it.

Just paper-theory right now, but since over 40% of our damage comes from slashing attacks, it would probably make sense to invest the points in HB rather than Ele's LS booster.

Also, Introspection is a lifesaver when it comes to mana management.

Quote Originally Posted by Akashar View Post
    Thanks drabk. Though, I think 37SC/37HB/2 Ele might perform better. Hopefully, the next beta will be up to L60 so that we can test it.

Just paper-theory right now, but since over 40% of our damage comes from slashing attacks, it would probably make sense to invest the points in HB rather than Ele's LS booster.

Also, Introspection is a lifesaver when it comes to mana management.
    At L56, I was running 37/32/2 SC/Harb/Ele and pushing 9k on the dummies @ 2800sp/977crit.

The basic gist of the spec is to maintain 5 stacks of electified, ice shear, piercing beam and hypothermia on the mob. Toggle Static Flux when using Hailstorm/Lightning Strike/Icicle on eldritch procs. Refresh electrified with thunderblast. Other than that, just spam the melee macro and keep Charged Blade up as much as possible. There were times when i would be low on charge and not getting as many eldritch procs causing Charged Blade to fall, but it wasn't enough to warrant lowering the usage of Static Flux.

The spec can be changed in the SC tree to push out more AOE with marginal loss to ST DPS (take the 2 points out of lightning conductor and put it in lightning field/charged field)

Only one macro I used:

#show Storm Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Storm's Fury
    cast Introspection
    cast Storm Slash

Quote Originally Posted by Breward
    Sad to see new Harbinger soul is only worth 5 points (SP boost) for PvE raiding, damage is simply too low for DPS purpose.
    So, Breward, is Harbinger only worth the 5pts in a PVE Raiding environment?

was doing 37sc/37hard/2archon today was pretty good doing like 10.5k although i wasnt toggling static and i was using the mana regen that reduces dmg to see how it does on long fights.

+ Reply to Thread