+ Reply to Thread

Thread: can you make certain effects like Earthen Shard useable on Warlord 2hander blocking

can you make certain effects like Earthen Shard useable on Warlord 2hander blocking

can you make certain effects like Earthen Shard useable on Warlord 2hander blocking?

I am really digging this two hander tanking stuff. made me interested in play a Warrior again.

but many skills as well as buffs that apply to blocking, require a shield.

can you do something about this, now that we can block without a shield?

I don't think this is necessary. Storm Glyph is superior DPS and mitigation than Earthen Shard anyway, there's no reason to want it.

Just out of curiosity, why would you tank with a 2 hander when you get more tanking focused stats from 2 1 handers (if they are tanking 1 handers), and to a further extent lose out on the armor a shield provides?

I mean i'm all for tanking without a shield but I think it's mostly just to change things up a bit.

As far as tanking goes, I'm pretty sure the new Warlord is meant as a tank-support role instead of a main tank or even truly an off-tank. It seems that soaking up some of the main/off tank's damage and helping with raid DPS is where it's at for a Warlord in PvE beyond solo questing.

You're likely to be a much better DPS'er as a Warlord than you ever will be as a tank, though I'm sure someone out there will try to prove otherwise.

+ Reply to Thread