+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BoEA, Recovery Stance, and Way of the Sun

Hybrid View

BoEA, Recovery Stance, and Way of the Sun

Pre 1.1 BoEA was undeniably too potent. Instead of using a measured tool to nerf it you smashed it with a sledge hammer. The initial redesign was not even worth the points nor putting on a hotbar, the current 3 still don't provide enough sustain.

I could understand if you didn't want people to sustain solo but then you have Mages and Clerics running around palming the keyboard with impunity while Warriors (who don't outgear the area) have to stick to small pulls and drink inbetween.

These abilities still aren't worth speccing into. The sustainable specs solo incredibly slow and are also for the most part energy starved.

I don't want an easymode button but make them more potent or redesign them. Perhaps a large heal on CD or a Temp buff on a CD with the pre 1.11 healing on it, anything but the garbage heals they currently provide.

-Mal
    "I aim to misbehave"

Even if Recovery Posture scaled from Everything is a Weapon armor correctly it wouldn't be worth it.

BoEA is properly scaling off AP for me but the issue I see with it is that it's doesnt proc enough. I'd like to see it's chance to proc increased to 40% or so to make up for it's lack of healing power

Quote Originally Posted by Irunaii View Post
    BoEA is properly scaling off AP for me but the issue I see with it is that it's doesnt proc enough. I'd like to see it's chance to proc increased to 40% or so to make up for it's lack of healing power
    It was guaranteed in the first patch with really really small healing. They changed it to bigger heals and then made it RNG with a 20% chance. The healing over time is LESS than the initial small heals over time.

[/SIZE]I agree. Why give the warrior self heals if they offer little to nothing in regards to promoting different playstyles. It flat out does not heal for enough. Bottom line. BOEA, Recovery Stance, and Way of the Sun need to heal for much more and proc more often so they have a point. See... the issue is the abilities serve no purpose. You cannot effecfively use them to solo. Even after substanital buffs they will still not allow a warrior to solo a 5 - man or require less in heals for a raid. Why have the heals so damn low.

Buffing these heal abilities (BOEA, Recovery Stance, Way of the Sun) gives the warrior class the same flexiblity to solo and enjoy PVE content as other classes who have actual healing souls. Every warrior heal abilty needs a substantial buff to even the playing field.

the same conversation is going on in the rogue forums right now and no one seems to be happy but trion with this garbage. It sucks and makes the game unfun with all the added downtime between fights now. You either spec into heavy pally or reaver for self healing and slow killing or you risk death on pulling a couple of mobs at once. Its just stupid IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Scourne View Post
    the same conversation is going on in the rogue forums right now and no one seems to be happy but trion with this garbage. It sucks and makes the game unfun with all the added downtime between fights now. You either spec into heavy pally or reaver for self healing and slow killing or you risk death on pulling a couple of mobs at once. Its just stupid IMO
    Have to agree.... its been this awful since alpha and they still havent addressed it... i dont know whether to get angry or just laugh and say **** it ill play a different class.

At the moment all a warrior is good for is single target DPS, and balancing to 60 advocates can suck a ****, these problems have nothing to do with level 60 builds they are innate to the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragosani View Post
    Have to agree.... its been this awful since alpha and they still havent addressed it... i dont know whether to get angry or just laugh and say **** it ill play a different class.

At the moment all a warrior is good for is single target DPS, and balancing to 60 advocates can suck a ****, these problems have nothing to do with level 60 builds they are innate to the changes.
    you are absolutely right because spec'n to 60 doesn't mean squat to the new warrior level 1-40 when you actually get a little bit of tank healing. If trion really wants to attract new players not screaming about dying all the time they need to address this soon. I know its worse for rogue though honestly unless you want to pull out a guitar and strum a cord in the middle of a fight lol

Look, i went warlord champ w/ 0 temp.... mostly warlord.... i soloed all the content so far at 1-2 levels below the quest level... i had very little downtime and i pulled 2-3 mobs with most pulls. I have no pally speced and i managed just fine... actually more than fine.

With warlord like it is now, you have a ton of solo options. All trion did was make people have to actually work when they solo instead of having an "i'm invincible" build... i completely agree with them.

Saying they are taking the fun out of the game is crap... I look at it the other way.. they have made solo more challenging and i actually enjoyed it a lot more. If i wanted a hack and slash game i would go play a first person shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiernan View Post
    Look, i went warlord champ w/ 0 temp.... mostly warlord.... i soloed all the content so far at 1-2 levels below the quest level... i had very little downtime and i pulled 2-3 mobs with most pulls. I have no pally speced and i managed just fine... actually more than fine.

With warlord like it is now, you have a ton of solo options. All trion did was make people have to actually work when they solo instead of having an "i'm invincible" build... i completely agree with them.

Saying they are taking the fun out of the game is crap... I look at it the other way.. they have made solo more challenging and i actually enjoyed it a lot more. If i wanted a hack and slash game i would go play a first person shooter.
    Congratulations you found a spec that works for you and you contributed nothing to the topic. If you bothered to read, and I know that's hard, you'd see that we don't want to be invincible but we want to compete with other classes soloing speed without being pigeon holed into slow tanky specs. These abilities are to give you minimal sustain so you can keep soloing normal mobs at a relative pace or not die just because you had 2 adds. We don't want to solo elites or take 6 mobs on at a time we just want to be able to solo at the relative efficiency of Mages, Clerics, and Rogues.

I also noted above that there are some specs that can solo very safely and for the most part they are slow and/or energy starved. These skills exist so you can play the spec/style you want with the sustain to be competitive. The problem is the heals are so small they serve no purpose the skills aren't worth using at all making the talents wasted. They either need a bump in strength or be redesigned into something useful for the kit instead of wasting the space.

TL;DR save the "I can do it so there must be no problem" its a garbage argument and doesn't bring anything to the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiernan View Post

yeah seriously quit the white knight crap because you enjoy 1 spec , wow seriously do you want a cookie or a medal or something? Do you think every warrior wants to level up as your spec or better yet all knowing one do you think that spec will effect all the lower level warriors from 1 to 40 or 50? Please contribute something to the conversation other than complaining about us complaining.

Reagardless of your opinion Scourn, the fact still remains that warrior self heals could use some tweeking.

+ Reply to Thread