+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Brevanic Portal Generator, 60 Min CD

Brevanic Portal Generator, 60 Min CD

Really.. 60 min? I have like 10 other teleport skills and items already, why give me another one. Please just make it so i can use it as often as i like and simply charge me the gold like a normal porticulum. This is one of the few things guild wars 2 has working for it.

It's a better Soul Recall, I don't see why its cooldown should be lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    It's a better Soul Recall, I don't see why its cooldown should be lower.
    Same. 60 mins is fine. It's just another option apart from our teleport skills, and soul recall.
    Maelode, Lv 22 male Eth Mage, Pyromancer(main)-Dominator(sec). Secondary role of pure Chloromancer(healer).
    Maelad, Lv 20 female Dwarf Rogue, Riftstalker-Bladedancer(even) solo. Alt role as pure tank Riftstalker. Just got Marksman, not set in.

You don't want it to be too potent as it is a Collectors Edition item if memory serves. That would probably anger a great deal of people if we could port anywhere anytime all because we bought the CE.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    You don't want it to be too potent as it is a Collectors Edition item if memory serves. That would probably anger a great deal of people if we could port anywhere anytime all because we bought the CE.

thats it. its not a pay 2 win game !

There are loads of teleports in the game already, soul recall, Guardian Service Medal (x3 only )Unseen insignia, then the teleports from the PA tree it should be easy enough to get around even if you have to take the long way round

60min CD was to be expected.

We have plenty of ports already.
    We have ALL the Mathosia continent + ember isle ones from PA except Stillmoor, IPP and Shimmersand.
    Stillmoor, IPP and Shimmersand have their own ones that you can obtain from either their artifact collection, or as part of a meta achieve.

Most likely we'll be getting something similar for the new continents - PA ports (probably from Tier 3) and perhaps a couple artifact/achievement ports.
    Marko.
    - Before commenting, please at the very least read the Stickies.

As for GW2's system - it was one of the reasons why after 3-4 weeks I just upped and left, never to return. Despite how large the GW2 world seemed, the travel-anywhere-at-any-time thing just made the world seem so tiny. I didn't feel like I was in the game at all.
    Marko.
    - Before commenting, please at the very least read the Stickies.

Only problem I have with it is that it pops the cooldown, even if you don't actually use it to port. Bugged it in game.
    Lemming@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Redius View Post
    Only problem I have with it is that it pops the cooldown, even if you don't actually use it to port. Bugged it in game.
    But you spawned the item, correct? I can spawn my banker, vendor and mailbox but not use them at all but they have the cooldown.

Definitely don't see that as a bug :P
    Riftnerd.com / Cleric of <Exposure>

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcakes View Post
    But you spawned the item, correct? I can spawn my banker, vendor and mailbox but not use them at all but they have the cooldown.

In my opinion, accidentally clicking the item, then NOT using it to port, shouldn't cause the cooldown. The cooldown should be tied to a port....much like if you hail the porticulum masters, then exit out of the map, you don't actually port anywhere. Bankers, mailboxes are a different animal; there's no real way to not have them on cooldown once you click them; they actually spawn the item in question. Clicking the portal, then not using it, puts you back at square one, i.e. not ported. It's as if you hadn't used the item. A small distinction, but one that is worth making.
    Lemming@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcakes View Post

The thing is it dosent put anything on the ground so you can click it later. The bug is roughly equal to hitting soul recall then moving by accident but the cooldown kicks in and your stuck there with no port.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurona View Post
    Really.. 60 min? I have like 10 other teleport skills and items already, why give me another one. Please just make it so i can use it as often as i like and simply charge me the gold like a normal porticulum. This is one of the few things guild wars 2 has working for it.
    I like the idea. They would have to remove it from CE as it would be too good of a deal for those who bought CE. In my opinion, I wish Trion just removed Soul Recall and replaced the portal generator for an ascended power. GW2 spoiled me in that.

I have no issue with the CD.
    However i would like this one to be an ability instead of an object just like other collector things are

Quote Originally Posted by Fayeran View Post
    I have no issue with the CD.
    However i would like this one to be an ability instead of an object just like other collector things are
    I second this, theres no need for it to take up bag space.

Nice if it acted like other upgrade items

I have no problem with the cooldown, but I would like it to be like the rewards vendor and the personal banker--where anyone can use it for a short time (i.e., put down a small normal-acting porticulum and have it disappear after a few minutes). I would also like it to be an ability like those items so it doesn't take bag space.

I agree with the above poster, but would like to add:

1) make it an ability, not a clicky. No need to waste bag space
    AND
    2) give it a short cast time, like 1.5-2 seconds even. This allows a small 'buffer' for anyone who accidentally clicks it to be able to move to interrupt it (same as Soul Recall).

This doesn't seem to have the cooldown tick down while offline either.

19.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovack View Post
    This doesn't seem to have the cooldown tick down while offline either.
    Good catch, fixing now.

l would much prefer 40 min but i can live with 60 mins. Only because we have access to some other teleports though

+ Reply to Thread