+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Storm Breaker Protocol

Hybrid View

Storm Breaker Protocol

Gotta say, this dungeon is epic. The first bit with the robots and all that, amazing. The trash leading up to the third boss, especially the cannons are too much though. And the 3rd boss is kinda...non-obvious what to do.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    There are some bugs with Telaphalon (boss 3) that should be fixed in the next Beta build. Right now Unravel, the temporary ability used to remove Chitin Weave is not functioning properly. It's suppose to be granted by running near the player debuffed with Chitin Weave.

As for messaging, look for the chat instructions from General Batua. The corresponding voice over is still a work in progress, so you may not hear every line that you can read at the moment. But to clarify for the sake of getting people farther into the dungeon, there is way to deal with the add waves by having a player use the cannons above his fight space.

We look forward to reading more feedback about your time in SBP.
    a.k.a. Doctapus
    Dungeons and Raids Designer

The Last Boss Killed itself it seems... From what we seen the boss does not like the mines on the ground from the previous gauntlet which caused him to take 35% of HP each mine. I am not sure if the mines were the cause but i could not see any of reason for him to die within 20 seconds.

Thanks for the reply, Shaughnessy.

We eventually got the boss sorted out, but yeah, the webbing kinda baffled me for a bit since I kept wanting to figure out how to remove it.

The last boss is definately bugged though, he started doing Ion Pulses to that crystal...and just kept doing that.

Just completed the dungeon and wow, I must say, it was pretty damn amazing! The fights were engaging and exciting, absolutely love the robot you get to use for the first 2 bosses. I joined late, so I didn't get to see the first boss. The second and third bosses had no bugs that were blatantly obvious, and I absolutely loved the mechanics of bosses 2-3.

After the third boss, it started to get a little buggy. During the third set of trash, right before the room with the fourth boss, out tank got locked out. This caused us all to die, but the mobs did not reset. When we ran back, there were still chasing us and only when we tried to kill the mobs right around where the third boss was, would they reset. Also, it didn't seem like the bombs and sents that you pick up and place did anything, they didn't seem to any damage or help in any way. Maybe I just didn't notice it though. Just a slight annoyance.

During the last trash part, right before the last boss, a mob with about half health got stuck in the ground and despawned.

During the last trash part, the set right before the last boss, the mobs despawned before we killed them, and the boss spawned. (not sure if intentional) BTW, I absolutely loved the last trash set, soo many mobs =).

And finally, during the last boss, he bugged out on us. He froze in place after about 20 seconds, and we were able to dps him down without him doing any damage to us. Our tank was pretty far away for some reason (about 20m). Also, we had the bombs down on the ground, not sure if that caused it or not.

I really enjoyed the dungeon; hope I helped!
    Keep up the great work trion!

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks for the info. Baron Slagstorm (boss 5) will be fixed in the next Beta build. Until then, that bug is bugged.
    a.k.a. Doctapus
    Dungeons and Raids Designer

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaughnessy View Post
    Thanks for the info. Baron Slagstorm (boss 5) will be fixed in the next Beta build. Until then, that bug is bugged.
    Just want to pop in here and let everyone know that Shaughnessy will be facing significant disciplinary action for that terrible pun.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    P.S. - Thanks for the feedback guys!
    Adam Hetenyi
    Dungeons and Raids: Content Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy_Trion View Post
    Just want to pop in here and let everyone know that Shaughnessy will be facing significant disciplinary action for that terrible pun.
    That means a severe and diligent spanking.

Nice dungeon! But only once I fear... no idea how this should turn out in expert but it's really too much of a hassle running around for ages as robots with flamethrowers. Feels pretty much like transformers mixed with starship troopers. Only missing one fat *** brain bug.
    Also that one encounter before the tree boss where 2 engineers blow up something was really tough (or we just didn't have luck with those health globes, only got 3 in total).

That tree thing as well as all the other bosses were really nice. Though the last boss blew up instantly because of the mines, no idea what he does. The "thrash" before the final boss however was rather hard due to the fact that the "tank" dummies didn't really tank (or we caused too much aggro oO). I mean yeah, the tank has to aggro stuff but you can't tank everything and those tank dummies can't even tank a single thing.

The turrets up to the 3rd boss (the bug guy) are fun to keep everyone moving but one or two could not be hit (even in MM with 35m range, just couldn't get a position to hit it, even jumping).
    The stone golem adds before the 3rd boss hit really hard (like every paragon in game atm, there is one lvl 52 warrior mob in Seratos in a small hut hitting for 1.5-3.5k noncrit!).

The "mines" you can plant during the 3rd boss encounter that blow up adds also blow up ascended. Maybe intended to decrease the encounter area? Anyway there could be a warning somewhere =)

Tree boss thingie, again, amazing, loved it.

Nice Dungeon, but way too much time "to get warm" with the mechanics and all those stupid bugs everywhere... I mean, 3 hives would have been enough. But 7?

Oh yeah because there was still space left here, Rift mobs from big rifts hit like a train loaded with thousands of f***** trucks. I mean yeah they are elite and should be hard to kill but as they are they kill you with 3-4 casts, if you pull 2 you are out in a second. Other than that caster mobs tend are still hitting way harder than physical mobs (especially Stormcallers, Shamans and Warlocks, maybe because those are the most common and I didn't notice the others).

Peace. Oh and before I forget it, nice idea with those flame throwers. Greetings from a soon to be tactician.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrordar View Post
    Feels pretty much like transformers mixed with starship troopers. Only missing one fat *** brain bug.
    Actually no need to throw transformers into the mix. The Starship Troopers book actually was very big on the mechanized suit combat aspect, jumpjets and all.

And you say brain bugs don't exist in protocol? We may not see them but they're there. Who else is smart enough to send specialized bugs into our computers that make us crash when we get near the teleporter?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughnessy View Post
    There are some bugs with Telaphalon (boss 3) that should be fixed in the next Beta build. Right now Unravel, the temporary ability used to remove Chitin Weave is not functioning properly. It's suppose to be granted by running near the player debuffed with Chitin Weave.

We look forward to reading more feedback about your time in SBP.
    Really because all we did was dps through his shield and interrupted his cast and were able to kill him just fine...didn't need to unravel anyone with an ability...I thought it worked rather well.

There needs to be a barrier on the right hill side area before the lightning road that removes the mech.
    This is because you can bypass it by jumping on the cliffs to the right, allowing you to pretty much stomp through the instance.

I reported it as well but hopefully you'll fix that exploit.

Also, was doing it today, died during the mech part, got rezzed by a mech, and didn't get put back in my mech. I had to die and re enter the dungeon again to get another mech.

Muffin: You will see an inactive Mech standing around, that's yours

Completed half of it on expert. Can we get vehicles setup like wow to scale with gear? It was interesting the first time, but I quickly realized having to grind 1000 experts out in the next 3 months, that instance is going to be very long and tedious without scaling.

The 2nd? boss was painfully long, and with the health coming from barrels there was simply no way to die on the encounter. I think we ignored all his abilities and just healed up when needed lol. His abilities should do a tad more damage on the frontals.

The other experts were very well done, especially emp core(best 5man in game to date), but this one seems too long after the coolness factor wears off.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrordar View Post
    Muffin: You will see an inactive Mech standing around, that's yours
    Yes, but I couldn't click it, and nothing popped up to let me get back in it, so I believe it was bugged :P

18.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #18
    It should just put you back inside the Storm Breaker if you run into it, if it wasn't working for you though I'll take another look at it.

On the subject of scaling mech damage: It is feasible to do but would take quite a bit of time to implement/balance for each calling. I tried to make it possible to skip around half of the base pop if you are tired of whackin' bugs and want to rush through the instance. I will keep an eye on the feedback though and if there is enough uproar for faster bug stomping I'll see what I can do
    Dungeon and Raid Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Cyzo View Post

On the subject of scaling mech damage: It is feasible to do but would take quite a bit of time to implement/balance for each calling. I tried to make it possible to skip around half of the base pop if you are tired of whackin' bugs and want to rush through the instance. I will keep an eye on the feedback though and if there is enough uproar for faster bug stomping I'll see what I can do
    Since all classes use HIT, and it generally determines a players gear level based on content they are currently in, could use that as a global value for scaling modifiers rather then having to figure out scaling per class

20.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #20
    Sure, that could be a potential solution, but not all specs need hit and it could also lead to players stacking insane amounts of hit to do crazy amounts of damage. Overall, spell power and attack power would probably end up giving the best and most 'correct' numbers.
    Dungeon and Raid Developer

+ Reply to Thread