+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior's are not casters.

Warrior's are not casters.

Ok after checking out the new tempest spec i found multiple channeling abilities. I dislike this approach for warriors, we are expert melee damagers why go away from this and make us casters with channeling abilities. I understand that trion wants to give us more ranged ability but to make it channeled i dislike if i want to be a caster i could play a mage or a cleric.

I thought it must be some kind of power regen kind of idea, so we slowly strarve ourselves then gain all our energy back with the channeled cooldowns. It's quite a good idea when you think of it that way, means that we can actually have some kind of power management as opposed to the pendulum on live we've have through the months of either being starved all the time or never having to care about power at all.

That being said, I agree it's not really the playstyle we've come to expect but I can live with it.

Would have been nice to see something like ranged spear shots or ranged boomarangs, just not casting abilites.

Personally i don't mind the odd few channel abilities i.e along the lines of the old CB from live (which still allowed movement while channelling) unfortunately the new 6 sec channel - Lightning Torrent does not -_-.

Make the spears 30m range by default and i'm happy as it can get a bit tedious currently during hectic fights when I'm ranged having both a 25m range RB spears and 35m range Tempest abilities.

i heard mage and cleric can melee too, i dont see their class forum goes like "i dont want to be melee otherwise i play a warrior post"

I wouldn't cry too much about tempest were I you.. as it is doing far mroe ranged dps than any of the ranged rogue builds.... atm.. even cleric out parses rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaf View Post
    Ok after checking out the new tempest spec i found multiple channeling abilities. I dislike this approach for warriors, we are expert melee damagers why go away from this and make us casters with channeling abilities. I understand that trion wants to give us more ranged ability but to make it channeled i dislike if i want to be a caster i could play a mage or a cleric.
    It's this kind of thinking that has reinforced the holy trinity dogma so many RPGs perpetuate. I for one am very excited to see that SL is in sense, blurring the lines of what a class is all about. For me, the warrior wasn't a class I particularly wanted to play because it was so melee oriented. However, the Tempest class has changed that.

I hope future expansions will further blue the lines of classes in Rift.

I guess Warriors retain their dominance at lvl 50 with Range also. Their Tempest doing 5k+ while Rogues and Clerics cant beat that with melee specs.

+ Reply to Thread