+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Data files are corrupted after Patch on 12/10/19

Question Data files are corrupted after Patch on 12/10/19

Hi there,

after I patched to the current beta-version I've got the error message "Data files are corrupted. Please use the recover function in the Rift Patcher." after the update was completed.

I tried to run the recover function successfully (it checked all files), but there was no corrupted files found. What should I do?

If I have to reinstall the beta-client completely, it will be take about 8-10 hours (slow isp ), so it would be nice, if there's another solution ^^

Thanks a lot

Unhappy Data files are corrupted

Quote Originally Posted by Azmodan View Post
    Hi there,

after I patched to the current beta-version I've got the error message "Data files are corrupted. Please use the recover function in the Rift Patcher." after the update was completed.

I tried to run the recover function successfully (it checked all files), but there was no corrupted files found. What should I do?

If I have to reinstall the beta-client completely, it will be take about 8-10 hours (slow isp ), so it would be nice, if there's another solution ^^

Thanks a lot

I have the same problem

same problem here, glad to see i'm not the only one though

Same problem, any help?

Change Launcher / Client Language to "english". That worked for me.

Data files are corrupted

Quote Originally Posted by Mallefitz View Post
    Change Launcher / Client Language to "english". That worked for me.
    where I can find that it is not exactly.

After starting the client even before the credentials are entered, you can change the language.

The problem has been known for some time. The same error happens on the PTS.

To change the Language the english works, thanks a lot.

I hope Trion will fix this soon - i like german language more than english

Thanks a lot,
    Bye

Quote Originally Posted by Thalea View Post
    After starting the client even before the credentials are entered, you can change the language.

The problem has been known for some time. The same error happens on the PTS.
    tried it, it starts to run the update then just stops

My live client has this problem now . Tried the solution to change language and changed to German. Client started to work But I definitely cannot play in a foreign language Please fix

After changing the language my complete settings are not saved. After every launch I have to re-configure the video settings, window mode and so on.

The problems occur only after the different clients (PTS, Beta) have their own folder for documents.

After the patch I can play with the german language setting.

The patcher thinks the files are corrupted because some riftpatcher data values are stored in "..AppData\Roaming\RIFT" and some in "..AppData\Roaming\RIFT Beta".

I found this bc my betapatcher wasnt saving my email address and my language settings. If i change language in rift beta patcher then its stored in "..AppData\Roaming\RIFT Beta" but when i restart the beta patcher it reads the data values from "..AppData\Roaming\RIFT".

+ Reply to Thread