+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 68

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PVP Updates and Changes in Storm Legion

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Khellendros View Post
    Terrible idea. PVP players should not have to raid to be at the top of the game in PVP.

    Speaking of terrible ideas. The distance changes is a really dumb idea from Trion. I see what they are going for, but its absolutely not the solution. And trust me if they go live with it, the outcry will be enormous and it will just end up getting changed anyways. Might as well do away with it now in beta and save themselves the aggravation.
    Seem my English is bad, u didn't understand singe word...

    "Terrible idea. PVP players should not have to raid to be at the top of the game in PVP"


    I agree and that's why we have PVP items (vengeance + SP / AP) witch providing slightly more DPS than same quality/rank PVE item.

    I see so many times new players in WF and they wear only PVE gear, yes they get owned very badly , maybe they don't know there is PVP items or player is just regular PVE player who want test PVP, no wonder if they likely didn't like experience . Valor need be gone, or can anyone justify why valor should be in PVP items if we have global damage reduction + vengeance?

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Breward View Post
    Seem my English is bad, u didn't understand singe word...

    "Terrible idea. PVP players should not have to raid to be at the top of the game in PVP"


    I agree and that's why we have PVP items (vengeance + SP / AP) witch providing slightly more DPS than same quality/rank PVE item.

    I see so many times new players in WF and they wear only PVE gear, yes they get owned very badly , maybe they don't know there is PVP items or player is just regular PVE player who want test PVP, no wonder if they likely didn't like experience . Valor need be gone, or can anyone justify why valor should be in PVP items if we have global damage reduction + vengeance?

    there is no valor anymore before r60 if i read the notes correctly.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by antigonos View Post
    there is no valor anymore before r60 if i read the notes correctly.
    I know and I really hope there no valor either after r60.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Breward View Post
    I know and I really hope there no valor either after r60.
    There is. Vengeance doesn't justify the existance of PVP gear, cause frankly its terrible. Valor is the reason for PVP gear. sub 60 its fine because of the new bolstering (I like that btw, nice job, its the way bolstering should have been from the start)

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Breward View Post
    I agree and that's why we have PVP items (vengeance + SP / AP) witch providing slightly more DPS than same quality/rank PVE item.
    No.
    Vengeance was created so that PvP weapons would be nerfed in PvE.

    The vengeance stats you see is a portion of the SP/AP being removed and allocated into a new stat.
    So an item with 386 SP and 13 vengeance should be the same as a weapon with 399 SP.

    Only problem is that Vengeance does not scale the same as SP/AP does with abilities, and any abilities that would modify SP/AP do not modify vengeance.
    This in turn makes PvP weapons weaker than the equivalent PvE weapon.

    Long story short, PvP weapons got nerfed, despite having absolutely no hit on them, despite being lesser than Relics.
    It is why no one used PvP weaponry outside of caster's, and even that could be argued as silly.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    No.
    Vengeance was created so that PvP weapons would be nerfed in PvE.

    The vengeance stats you see is a portion of the SP/AP being removed and allocated into a new stat.
    So an item with 386 SP and 13 vengeance should be the same as a weapon with 399 SP.

    Only problem is that Vengeance does not scale the same as SP/AP does with abilities, and any abilities that would modify SP/AP do not modify vengeance.
    This in turn makes PvP weapons weaker than the equivalent PvE weapon.

    Long story short, PvP weapons got nerfed, despite having absolutely no hit on them, despite being lesser than Relics.
    It is why no one used PvP weaponry outside of caster's, and even that could be argued as silly.
    Well I read notes:

    Vengeance

    Vengeance now accounts for much more of the bonus from PVP Weapons and Armor.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Xillean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    120
    Why does the r60-r80 weapons have no hit on them? I am hoping this is a oversight. I dont expect the same hit as a raider of course but I was hoping for it to remain where we had enough to do a dungeon if we chose. My r50 set has 56 hit on it, I would hope the new pvp gear would have at least that much on it.
    Guild Master for The Reckoning (Guardian)- Faeblight
    Content Manager for Rift Craft
    50/50 Prestige Rank | PA: 606 | Score: 7530
    Guardian Characters: Xillean R50 Cleric, Kattie R50 Rogue, Mayladen R45 Mage, Eylisa R25 Warrior | Defiant Characters: Phantasmal R20 Warrior, Jillean 15 Cleric

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    Why does the r60-r80 weapons have no hit on them? I am hoping this is a oversight. I dont expect the same hit as a raider of course but I was hoping for it to remain where we had enough to do a dungeon if we chose. My r50 set has 56 hit on it, I would hope the new pvp gear would have at least that much on it.
    The gear stats are incomplete. Someone brought this up on the Extra Life livestream I think it was and Elrar I believe said the stats were incomplete. So yes I'm hoping there will be hit. If not, there needs to be. I don't wanna have to go through this crap again where we have to fight tooth and nail to get hit. Unless they are making it so that hit doesn't matter in pvp.

  9. #49
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Khellendros View Post
    The gear stats are incomplete. Someone brought this up on the Extra Life livestream I think it was and Elrar I believe said the stats were incomplete. So yes I'm hoping there will be hit. If not, there needs to be. I don't wanna have to go through this crap again where we have to fight tooth and nail to get hit. Unless they are making it so that hit doesn't matter in pvp.
    IMO take hit out of pvp and have zero hit on pvp weapons so they are not good in pve!

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    In summary...if you want to gain an advantage on your opponents in Warfronts or Conquest you'll need to work on your PVP gear!

    Everything read well right up until the end there. Gain advantage with gear.... makes me sad. Guess I'll just play Rift for the good PVE content and completely forget about PVP being anything of worth (re: a gear progress treadmill).

    Is there any hope that we will see stat caps in PVP, or maybe a seperate form of PVP where everyone is max level, and has access to the same gear stats across the board? Something like, dare I say, sPVP in GW2?

    Will we ever see the removal of RAID items in PVP? There needs to be way more punishment for a player wearing RAID gear in PVP. Not just the loss of some Vengeance/Valor.

  11. #51
    Senior Member Xillean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Khellendros View Post
    The gear stats are incomplete. Someone brought this up on the Extra Life livestream I think it was and Elrar I believe said the stats were incomplete. So yes I'm hoping there will be hit. If not, there needs to be. I don't wanna have to go through this crap again where we have to fight tooth and nail to get hit. Unless they are making it so that hit doesn't matter in pvp.
    Thanks for the reply And I agree wholeheartedly, I dont want us to have to fight this battle again.
    Guild Master for The Reckoning (Guardian)- Faeblight
    Content Manager for Rift Craft
    50/50 Prestige Rank | PA: 606 | Score: 7530
    Guardian Characters: Xillean R50 Cleric, Kattie R50 Rogue, Mayladen R45 Mage, Eylisa R25 Warrior | Defiant Characters: Phantasmal R20 Warrior, Jillean 15 Cleric

  12. #52
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    20
    I see no reason with all the new combat changes to have hit on weapons post r50....

  13. #53
    Because we need Hit in PvP.

  14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Certh View Post
    As someone who worked very very hard to get Lord of War, I would be extremely disappointed if it was taken away and named something else. I have no problem with making a whole new set of achievements and adding some of the old ones to legacy...but please add the old Lord of War to legacy for those of us who suffered through it.
    The Lord of War title won't be going anywhere. All your achievements completed from Whitefall Steppes will become Legacy, and Whitefall Domination will no longer be required for Warfront Domination.

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdandi View Post
    I just wanted to confirm that bolstering applies to the weapon slot as well.
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokken View Post
    I don`t understand it. If we are boosted to Mercenary set what is the point of buying it ?
    Freelancer set is being updated to require Mercenary pieces to purchase.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    Why does the r60-r80 weapons have no hit on them? I am hoping this is a oversight. I dont expect the same hit as a raider of course but I was hoping for it to remain where we had enough to do a dungeon if we chose. My r50 set has 56 hit on it, I would hope the new pvp gear would have at least that much on it.
    They will.

    Quote Originally Posted by SaiargJin View Post
    This limitation of range is bad, i wonder who will run with stones in port scion, who will defend stones in whitefall ???
    I've removed the range limitation, so things should be back as they are on live.

    We've decided to add Prestige/Favor rewards throughout the match at scoring intervals to help balance out the payouts from map to map instead of making changes to how kills work.

  15. #55
    Senior Member Xillean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    The Lord of War title won't be going anywhere. All your achievements completed from Whitefall Steppes will become Legacy, and Whitefall Domination will no longer be required for Warfront Domination.

    Yes.

    Freelancer set is being updated to require Mercenary pieces to purchase.

    They will.

    I've removed the range limitation, so things should be back as they are on live.

    We've decided to add Prestige/Favor rewards throughout the match at scoring intervals to help balance out the payouts from map to map instead of making changes to how kills work.
    Thanks for the answers!
    Guild Master for The Reckoning (Guardian)- Faeblight
    Content Manager for Rift Craft
    50/50 Prestige Rank | PA: 606 | Score: 7530
    Guardian Characters: Xillean R50 Cleric, Kattie R50 Rogue, Mayladen R45 Mage, Eylisa R25 Warrior | Defiant Characters: Phantasmal R20 Warrior, Jillean 15 Cleric

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    We've decided to add Prestige/Favor rewards throughout the match at scoring intervals to help balance out the payouts from map to map instead of making changes to how kills work.
    Does this mean, for example, that capping a stone in Whitefall would give Prestige/Favor?

    I would say to do this with caution, because I could definitely see stone trading in Whitefall occur for loads of favor/prestige.

  17. #57
    Senior Member bctrainers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Riftified
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Does this mean, for example, that capping a stone in Whitefall would give Prestige/Favor?

    I would say to do this with caution, because I could definitely see stone trading in Whitefall occur for loads of favor/prestige.
    Sort of a good thing IMO. Actually push for objectives while in PVP.

    However, i'd still like to see some sort of match making in the future with 5v5's and 10v10's that are instanced without objectives.
    --bc
    HL3 CONFIRMED

  18.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Does this mean, for example, that capping a stone in Whitefall would give Prestige/Favor?

    I would say to do this with caution, because I could definitely see stone trading in Whitefall occur for loads of favor/prestige.
    In the case of Whitefall Escalation, the bonus only triggers once per overall score (1/3, 2/3, 3/3).

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    The Lord of War title won't be going anywhere. All your achievements completed from Whitefall Steppes will become Legacy, and Whitefall Domination will no longer be required for Warfront Domination.



    Yes.



    Freelancer set is being updated to require Mercenary pieces to purchase.



    They will.



    I've removed the range limitation, so things should be back as they are on live.

    We've decided to add Prestige/Favor rewards throughout the match at scoring intervals to help balance out the payouts from map to map instead of making changes to how kills work.
    Hit on weapons are a strong point and is very welcome ,and unlimit the range to get kills reward is another good thing.

    I hope soon ,we will have harbinger mage/paldin warrior balanced in pvp (self heals / mitigation/ damage)....

    PS: Well i sense some OP cleric to come ( and only the damned rogue class to be a more normalized (weak) class in pvp.

  20. #60
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3

    Thumbs down RIFT (Beta)

    hvordor dår eg ikke spilt spillet?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts