+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PVP Updates and Changes in Storm Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    • Each slot is compared against the lowest set of PVP gear available.
    • If your gear is less powerful its stats will be replaced with the Mercenary set.
    • If the gear you have equipped lacks Valor and is more powerful its stats will be replaced with gear from the Mercenary set.
    • Runes applied to your current gear will still take effect if they are replaced.
    • Synergy Crystal Bonuses use your equipped items to determine which bonuses are applied.
    • Synergy Crystals, Greater Essences, Trinkets and Seals are excluded from Bolstering.
    I don`t understand it. If we are boosted to Mercenary set what is the point of buying it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken View Post
    I don`t understand it. If we are boosted to Mercenary set what is the point of buying it ?
    Because at r80 you will be roflstomped into a pile of goo if you dont buy it and then trade it in for the r70 and r80 sets :P
    Guild Master for The Reckoning (Guardian)- Faeblight
    Content Manager for Rift Craft
    50/50 Prestige Rank | PA: 606 | Score: 7530
    Guardian Characters: Xillean R50 Cleric, Kattie R50 Rogue, Mayladen R45 Mage, Eylisa R25 Warrior | Defiant Characters: Phantasmal R20 Warrior, Jillean 15 Cleric

[*]Reduced the range at which rewards for kills are rewarded in Warfronts to 100m.
    I hate this. Now if you're the smart person guarding Codex, you won't get any rewards at all. Sorry, but it sucks. Might as well just throw people in an arena with no goal then, you just got rid of any strategic element.

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    Because at r80 you will be roflstomped into a pile of goo if you dont buy it and then trade it in for the r70 and r80 sets :P
    Freelancer Set does not require Mercenary Set.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken View Post
    Freelancer Set does not require Mercenary Set.
    Hmm your right, I stand corrected, could have sworn it did >.> I guess you would buy it if you wanted the stats for open world or pve? I would think it would be a step up from what you would gain from questing or trash drops. But I do see your point now.
    Guild Master for The Reckoning (Guardian)- Faeblight
    Content Manager for Rift Craft
    50/50 Prestige Rank | PA: 606 | Score: 7530
    Guardian Characters: Xillean R50 Cleric, Kattie R50 Rogue, Mayladen R45 Mage, Eylisa R25 Warrior | Defiant Characters: Phantasmal R20 Warrior, Jillean 15 Cleric

Updates to Valor, Vengeance and Global Modifiers

Global Modifications to Healing/Damage/Absorbs
    • While in PVP combat, Damage from 1-59 and Healing and Absorbs from 1-60 are now globally reduced.
    • [WIP] In Warfronts/Conquests these modifiers are always active for Heals and Absorbs regardless of combat state.
    • [WIP] Add Global Damage, Healing and Absorb reduction values to the Valor tooltip in the Character Sheet.

Valor
    • As damage is now globally reduced from 1-59, Valor has been removed from gear below level 60.
    • At 60 the majority of Valor gains will come from Armor(50%), Weapons(35%) and Essences(10%).

Vengeance
    • Vengeance now accounts for much more of the bonus from PVP Weapons and Armor
    • [WIP] We're reworking how Vengeance is calculated from ability usage and talents. Once done, in PVP combat Vengeance should perform no differently then AP or SP.

Pre 60 Items
    • Augments, Runes and buffs from food that previously granted Valor now grant Vengeance.
    • [WIP] Essences that previously granted Valor now grant Vengeance and Resists.

Warfronts

Due to how rapidly power is gained leveling from 51 though 60 we felt that the best experience would result from reducing the level range in Warfronts post 50. The new brackets for Storm Legion will include:
    • 50-54
    • 55-59
    • [WIP] Karthan Ridge is now available at level 50. Collect bombs and blow up enemy emplacements.
    • Whitefall Steppes: Avalanche has been retired - Escalation: Whitefall Steppes has taken its place full time!
    • Reduced the range at which rewards for kills are rewarded in Warfronts to 100m.
    • [WIP] Rewards will be increased globally for Wins to account for the overall loss in rewards from kills.

[WIP] Random Warfronts
    • Instead of grabbing a Daily Quest each day for a particular Warfront, you'll now gain bonus rewards for completing a Random Warfront (up to 7 per week similar to LFD).
    • Additionally, at Rank 60 you'll start gaining Freelancer Marks and at Rank 70 Warlord Marks (or bonus Freelancer Marks)

Conquest

Readiness Bonus now grant a static amount of AP/SP, Vengeance and Maximum Health.
    • I: 20 AP/SP and Vengeance. 245 Maximum Health.
    • II: 40 AP/SP and Vengeance. 485 Maximum Health.
    • III: 60 AP/SP and Vengeance. 730 Maximum Health.

PVP Armor, Weapons and more

All gear is sold in Tempest Bay

Mercenary Set
    • Sold by Mercenary Petrikov
    • Requires Level 60
    • Costs Favor
    Freelancer Set
    • Sold by Mercenary Margaret
    • Armor requires Rank 60, Weapons Rank 70
    • Costs Favor and Freelancer Marks
    Warlord Set
    • Sold by Mercenary Hunson
    • Armor requires Rank 70, Weapons Rank 80
    • Costs Favor, Warlord Marks and the equivalent Freelancer piece
    Essences
    • Sold by Fionna Finn
    • Requires Level 60
    • Costs Favor and Infinity Stone

[WIP] PVE and PVP armor now share the same set of Synergy Crystals
    [WIP] Set bonuses are now shared across sets.

[WIP] Dimension Decorations, Social Clothing, other Misc Stuff

Crowd Control

Fear, Polymorph, Incapacitate, Stun, Root, Banish, Silence and Disarm will continue to be subject to diminishing returns when used against players in PvP.
    • 1st effect has full duration, and when it ends the target becomes immune for a period of time equal to that duration.
    • [WIP] A new UI element is being added to nameplates to show the current state of your targets CC counter. There will be seperate elements for Control (Stuns, Banish, etc) and Movement (Roots).

Rank Progression

Levels 50-59
    • [WIP] Between level 50 and 59 you will continue to gain prestige until Rank 50.
    • [WIP] At level 60 you begin earning Prestige past Rank 50.
    • [WIP] Prestige required to reach Rank 50 will be reduced to accelerate progression.

Bolstering 2.0

[WIP] 1-59 Warfront Brackets
    • Other then access to higher ability ranks and talent gains, all players should now be boosted to the max level effectiveness available in the bracket.
    [WIP] Level 60 Warfronts and Conquest

Bolstering at max level now has less to do with rank, and is instead focused on the PVP Gear you have equipped

Instead of boosting individual stats if they are below the desired ranks goals, or capping individual stats when you are above those goals we now examine each piece of gear to determine if it needs to be replaced or ignored.
    • Each slot is compared against the lowest set of PVP gear available.
    • If your gear is less powerful its stats will be replaced with the Mercenary set.
    • If the gear you have equipped lacks Valor and is more powerful its stats will be replaced with gear from the Mercenary set.
    • Runes applied to your current gear will still take effect if they are replaced.
    • Synergy Crystal Bonuses use your equipped items to determine which bonuses are applied.
    • Synergy Crystals, Greater Essences, Trinkets and Seals are excluded from Bolstering.

In summary...if you want to gain an advantage on your opponents in Warfronts or Conquest you'll need to work on your PVP gear!

Anything you can say about the new CQ maps? I am really interested in testing them out :P

I just wanted to confirm that bolstering applies to the weapon slot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    Hmm your right, I stand corrected, could have sworn it did >.> I guess you would buy it if you wanted the stats for open world or pve? I would think it would be a step up from what you would gain from questing or trash drops. But I do see your point now.
    It did originally, it does not anymore as more and more sets were added. The point still stands.

""Reduced the range at which rewards for kills are rewarded in Warfronts to 100m. ""

WTF is this ??? In Whitefall no one will stay to defend the stone and in port scion ONLY zerg will give fare amount fo kills favor/prestige.

Remove this nonsense and make all the map get kills , in order for some to get other assignments ..than just go for the zerg and go everywhere is a killing spree...

Trion reconsider this change is AWFUL

Quote Originally Posted by SaiargJin View Post
    ""Reduced the range at which rewards for kills are rewarded in Warfronts to 100m. ""

WTF is this ??? In Whitefall no one will stay to defend the stone and in port scion ONLY zerg will give fare amount fo kills favor/prestige.

Remove this nonsense and make all the map get kills , in order for some to get other assignments ..than just go for the zerg and go everywhere is a killing spree...

Trion reconsider this change is AWFUL
    The patch notes already say a win bonus is increased to counter the fewer kills you will likely register now. Your interest is going to more firmly be in winning the match rather than zerging.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    The patch notes already say a win bonus is increased to counter the fewer kills you will likely register now. Your interest is going to more firmly be in winning the match rather than zerging.
    That's not gonna cut it. Nobody will be the one who will want to lose all the rewards to defend.

Horrible change.

I agree that implementing a "reward range" will severely limit any tactic that takes you away from the zerg. Strategy will suffer as a result. We already see this played out in Conquest, where people run off without buffing the turrets because they are afraid to miss out on any kills. It is very counter productive.

Lord of War

More on that as we get closer to release. We're looking into ways we can recognize our loyal PVP forerunners
    As someone who worked very very hard to get Lord of War, I would be extremely disappointed if it was taken away and named something else. I have no problem with making a whole new set of achievements and adding some of the old ones to legacy...but please add the old Lord of War to legacy for those of us who suffered through it.

•Reduced the range at which rewards for kills are rewarded in Warfronts to 100m.

we already had that and it was totally stupid cause it punishes those working for the goal of the warfronts? Do you want to kill objective based pvp and do only deathmatch in future or why this 3 totally unnecesary change? Noone complained about that either?

so those not doing anything for winning but only zerging wont get that win bonus? otherwise it wont work out, as those only zerging will get the kills AND the win bonus.

it just 3 steps back to what we already had...

NO ....i cant agree on this ,because important in a match are not only the win , we play to enjoy the game ,to win and to get kills ,so even the team that lose at least will get some rewards for killing or other actions.
    This change to get kills from 100 meters will make warfronts EXACTLY what we dont want ...a big zerg where all players will fallow a certain " Hot" area , to get kills for favor/prestige.

This limitation of range is bad, i wonder who will run with stones in port scion, who will defend stones in whitefall ???

Trion need to change this and make more improvements to all warfonts...

all these sound good except the distance reward
    any news about the new cq maps?

"At 60 the majority of Valor gains will come from Armor(50%), Weapons(35%) and Essences(10%)"

I really hope NOT! I love do PVE, raids 5x week etc.. rest of the time I spend playing PVP. Valor just ruin game experience, I hate soooo much when nice raid loot is totally useless in PVP . Please remove valor forever and let global damage reduction do job in PVP!

I agree that we need have separate armor & weapons for PVE & PVP, let vengeance take care on it.
    PVP items need have more vengeance and less SP/AP than PVE item have, that way both item set are still usable for PVE & PVP, IF player want do max DPS / HPS in PVE, player must have PVE items, simply as that. ATM we can use PVP item on PVE but not PVE items for PVP... that is so sad

Quote Originally Posted by Breward View Post
    I hate soooo much when nice raid loot is totally useless in PVP . Please remove valor forever and let global damage reduction do job in PVP!
    PvPers shouldn't be forced to PvE to be optimal in PvP (I also believe the reverse and am against global Conquest Power and such before anyone comments).

If you want to be good in PvP, get PvP gear. PvE players should not dominate both.

Quote Originally Posted by Breward View Post
    "At 60 the majority of Valor gains will come from Armor(50%), Weapons(35%) and Essences(10%)"

I really hope NOT! I love do PVE, raids 5x week etc.. rest of the time I spend playing PVP. Valor just ruin game experience, I hate soooo much when nice raid loot is totally useless in PVP . Please remove valor forever and let global damage reduction do job in PVP!

I agree that we need have separate armor & weapons for PVE & PVP, let vengeance take care on it.
    PVP items need have more vengeance and less SP/AP than PVE item have, that way both item set are still usable for PVE & PVP, IF player want do max DPS / HPS in PVE, player must have PVE items, simply as that. ATM we can use PVP item on PVE but not PVE items for PVP... that is so sad
    Terrible idea. PVP players should not have to raid to be at the top of the game in PVP.

Speaking of terrible ideas. The distance changes is a really dumb idea from Trion. I see what they are going for, but its absolutely not the solution. And trust me if they go live with it, the outcry will be enormous and it will just end up getting changed anyways. Might as well do away with it now in beta and save themselves the aggravation.

+ Reply to Thread