+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PVP Updates and Changes in Storm Legion

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

PVP Updates and Changes in Storm Legion

Updates to Valor, Vengeance and Global Modifiers

Global Modifications to Healing/Damage/Absorbs
    • While in PVP combat, Damage from 1-59 and Healing and Absorbs from 1-60 are now globally reduced.
    • In Warfronts/Conquests these modifiers are always active for Heals and Absorbs regardless of combat state.
    • [WIP] Add Global Damage, Healing and Absorb reduction values to the Valor tooltip in the Character Sheet.

Valor
    • As damage is now globally reduced from 1-59, Valor has been removed from gear below level 60.
    • At 60 the majority of Valor gains will come from Armor(50%), Weapons(35%) and Essences(10%).

Vengeance

Vengeance now accounts for much more of the bonus from PVP Weapons and Armor

Updates to Vengeance Calculations:
    • Passives and Abilities that grant a percentage increase to Spell Power or Attack Power now also grant the same to Vengeance
    • Debuffs that reduce Spell Power or Attack Power by a percentage now also reduce Vengeance.
    • Abilities that deal damage or healing based purely on Attack Power or Spell Power now gain the proper increase from Vengeance.
    • Example: Warlord’s Recovery Posture will heal for 8% of Attack Power and Vengeance.
    • In Warfronts and Conquest Vengeance is always used for all spell and melee calculations. In the open world and duels it is only used when actively in combat with another player.
    • Note: Tooltips do not reflect Heal/Damage/Absorb bonuses from Vengeance.

Pre 60 Items
    • Augments, Runes and buffs from food that previously granted Valor now grant Vengeance.
    • [WIP] Essences that previously granted Valor now grant Vengeance and Resists.

Warfronts

Due to how rapidly power is gained leveling from 51 though 60 we felt that the best experience would result from reducing the level range in Warfronts post 50. The new brackets for Storm Legion will include:
    • 50-54
    • 55-59

Karthan Ridge is now available at level 50. Collect bombs and blow up enemy emplacements.

Whitefall Steppes: Avalanche has been retired - Escalation: Whitefall Steppes has taken its place full time!

Bonus Prestige and Favor is now awarded based on points scored in 50+ Warfronts.
    • Every 200 points in The Codex, Library of the Runemaster and Port Scion
    • Every 100 points in The Black Garden and Stockpile: The Black Garden
    • Every initial scoring capture in Escalation: Whitefall Steppes

Random Warfronts
    • Instead of grabbing a Daily Quest each day for a particular Warfront, you'll now gain bonus rewards for completing a Random Warfront (up to 7 per week similar to LFD).
    • Additionally, at Rank 60 you'll start gaining Freelancer Marks and at Rank 70 Warlord Marks (or bonus Freelancer Marks)

Conquest

Readiness Bonus now grant a static amount of AP/SP, Vengeance and Maximum Health.
    • I: 20 AP/SP and Vengeance. 245 Maximum Health.
    • II: 40 AP/SP and Vengeance. 485 Maximum Health.
    • III: 60 AP/SP and Vengeance. 730 Maximum Health.

PVP Armor, Weapons and more

All gear is sold in Tempest Bay

Mercenary Set
    • Sold by Mercenary Petrikov
    • Requires Level 60
    • Costs Favor
    Freelancer Set
    • Sold by Mercenary Margaret
    • Armor requires Rank 60, Weapons Rank 70
    • Costs Favor and Freelancer Marks and the equivalent Mercenary piece
    Warlord Set
    • Sold by Mercenary Hunson
    • Armor requires Rank 70, Weapons Rank 80
    • Costs Favor, Warlord Marks and the equivalent Freelancer piece
    Essences
    • Sold by Fionna Finn
    • Requires Level 60
    • Costs Favor and Infinity Stone

Synergy Sets
    • PVE and PVP armor now share the same set of Synergy Crystals
    • Mercenary and Freelancers sets share the same bonuses as Expert gear.
    • Warlords set share the same bonuses as Raid gear.
    • The 4 piece bonus from the earlier sets is the same as the 2 piece bonus from the later, making transition from sets much smoother then on live.

Dimension Decorations, Social Clothing, other Misc Stuff

Crowd Control

Fear, Polymorph, Incapacitate, Stun, Root, Banish, Silence and Disarm will continue to be subject to diminishing returns when used against players in PvP.
    • 1st effect has full duration, and when it ends the target becomes immune for a period of time equal to that duration.
    • [WIP] A new UI element is being added to nameplates to show the current state of your targets CC counter. There will be seperate elements for Control (Stuns, Banish, etc) and Movement (Roots).

Rank Progression

Levels 50-59
    • Between level 50 and 59 you will continue to gain prestige until Rank 50.
    • At level 60 you begin earning Prestige past Rank 50.
    • Prestige required to reach Rank 50 will be reduced to accelerate progression.

Bolstering 2.0

1-59 Warfront Brackets
    • Other then access to higher ability ranks and talent gains, all players should now be boosted to the max level effectiveness available in the bracket.
    Level 60 Warfronts and Conquest

Bolstering at max level now has less to do with rank, and is instead focused on the PVP Gear you have equipped

Instead of boosting individual stats if they are below the desired ranks goals, or capping individual stats when you are above those goals we now examine each piece of gear to determine if it needs to be replaced or ignored.
    • Each slot is compared against the lowest set of PVP gear available.
    • If your gear is less powerful its stats will be replaced with the Mercenary set.
    • If the gear you have equipped lacks Valor and is more powerful its stats will be replaced with gear from the Mercenary set.
    • Procs and Runes have no effect if they are replaced
    • Synergy Crystal Bonuses use your equipped items to determine which bonuses are applied.
    • Synergy Crystals, Greater Essences, Trinkets and Seals are excluded from Bolstering.

In summary...if you want to gain an advantage on your opponents in Warfronts or Conquest you'll need to work on your PVP gear!

:0 very interesting and YAY for synergy crystals!

OMG love you Trion!!!

Whitefall Steppes: Avalanche has been retired - Escalation: Whitefall Steppes has taken its place full time!
    -How will this change achievements for this?

Everything else looks pretty promising tho
    .,__,.........,__,....... ______
    `.,,.*`.,,.*..|' .' .'/\:_|/\
    `.,,.*`.,,.*<|' '.:.(。◕‿‿◕。)
    -........--""-.......--"""u"'''''''''u''''''''u

Fine don't let me edit my own post :P

[WIP] A new UI element is being added to nameplates to show the current state of your targets CC counter. There will be seperate elements for Control (Stuns, Banish, etc) and Movement (Roots).

Much requested. TY =^.^=

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TehFrank View Post
    -How will this change achievements for this?

Everything else looks pretty promising tho
    We're looking at a new set of achievements for Escalation.

Whether that will be a direct mapping of existing Whitefall, or something entirely new and setting all the old completed achievements to Legacy is still to be determined.

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    We're looking at a new set of achievements for Escalation.

Whether that will be a direct mapping of existing Whitefall, or something entirely new and setting all the old completed achievements to Legacy is still to be determined.

Don't forget the Lord of War title too =^.^=
    (or are you adding a new one because there are now 5 'main' warfronts?)

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    More on that as we get closer to release. We're looking into ways we can recognize our loyal PVP forerunners

Pulls - Spotters Order

Are forced player movements on a DR yet? Can Warriors still permanently chain pull ppl every time there "pull" is up?

More on that as we get closer to release. We're looking into ways we can recognize our loyal PVP forerunners
    I decline the title of Lord of War and accept only the lesser title of Zinc Saucier,
    which I just made up. Also, it comes with double prize money.

Also, in regards to the DR changes, can you please confirm whether the following is accurate under the new rules: In a 1v1 situation vs a deep specced dominator, we will be transmogrified every 6 seconds for 6 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Also, in regards to the DR changes, can you please confirm whether the following is accurate under the new rules: In a 1v1 situation vs a deep specced dominator, we will be transmogrified every 6 seconds for 6 seconds.
    Sorry, meant to say "every 12 seconds for 6 seconds."

I assume [WIP] means that not all these changes are in game yet, correct?

I just logged in and my gear clearly doesn't follow all those rules, but I'll avoid spamming the bug report button for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Eshlon View Post

I just logged in and my gear clearly doesn't follow all those rules, but I'll avoid spamming the bug report button for the moment.
    WIP = Work in Progress

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    Are forced player movements on a DR yet? Can Warriors still permanently chain pull ppl every time there "pull" is up?
    We're looking into a couple different solutions. They'll either end up back in a CC group, or will apply a similar debuff as Burnout does for Symbols.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Sorry, meant to say "every 12 seconds for 6 seconds."
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Eshlon View Post

It means they're either in the process of being implemented, or slated to be started on soon. As a reminder, things on Beta can change at anytime.

We're looking into a couple different solutions. They'll either end up back in a CC group, or will apply a similar debuff as Burnout does for Symbols.
    The forced pull mechanic should also apply to the Reuke ability in PvP as well. As it stands on live, I am able to yank people right out of their spawn with the ability. Granted, i find it amusing - the others being pulled down - not so much.
    --bc
    HL3 CONFIRMED

Forums aren't playing nice with the edit button this afternoon.

If anything, "safe zones" need to be implemented to all warfront spawn locations and regions. That way, people cannot damage players in spawn zones or use mechanics to pull players out of the spawn zone.
    --bc
    HL3 CONFIRMED

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    Forums aren't playing nice with the edit button this afternoon.

If anything, "safe zones" need to be implemented to all warfront spawn locations and regions. That way, people cannot damage players in spawn zones or use mechanics to pull players out of the spawn zone.
    you mean like the safe zones already in any warfront?

Quote Originally Posted by antigonos View Post
    you mean like the safe zones already in any warfront?
    Where if players try to run into a spawn of the other team, it will port them back to their own spawn? Nope, that is not in reference to what I have in mind.
    --bc
    HL3 CONFIRMED

Yes
    I really hope some abilities are being reevaluated then.

This DR change is a nice buff to things with a small 1-2 second effect, but probably moving towards the realm of imbalance for things like Transmogrify and Rift Prison that have such short cooldowns.

I really hope there will still be a way to finish Lord of War, as a cleric its been a pain to say the least to get done. Some parts of it where easy of course but bleh.
    Guild Master for The Reckoning (Guardian)- Faeblight
    Content Manager for Rift Craft
    50/50 Prestige Rank | PA: 606 | Score: 7530
    Guardian Characters: Xillean R50 Cleric, Kattie R50 Rogue, Mayladen R45 Mage, Eylisa R25 Warrior | Defiant Characters: Phantasmal R20 Warrior, Jillean 15 Cleric

+ Reply to Thread